Guys vegan burger

matymil

Yeah, not sure why it gets described as a "Guy's Vegan Burger" - was that the original intent, that it would be available at Guy's?  Because as far as I can remember, it is only available at the deli, and you go find your own toppings (like Guy's, but hey, try the Blue Iguana stuff too!).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

You go to the deli for the garden burger and a bun then you can take it to Guy's to load up on the condiments like sauteed mushrooms. I thought it was similar to the vegan burgers we get at Costco which we like. Good luck.

Garden Burgers are not vegan

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, coevan said:

I do, we serve them, they are not Vegan

Im not sure of you are specifically talking about the garden burgers on Carnival, but a lot of veggie burgers you can buy at the store are vegan. (Some are not, you are right )

2 hours ago, coevan said:

I do, we serve them, they are not Vegan

I am rapidly approaching becoming vegetarian, but doubt I will ever be vegan or want to be, but just curious, how are the Garden Burgers not vegan, what is it that makes them not vegan? thanks for any clarification.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SMSACE6 said:

I am rapidly approaching becoming vegetarian, but doubt I will ever be vegan or want to be, but just curious, how are the Garden Burgers not vegan, what is it that makes them not vegan? thanks for any clarification.

cheese and egg, veggie burger is a generic term, Garden Burgers are a brand. as I said we sell them and are asked this question all the time

the original Gardenburger was made from mushrooms, onions, brown rice, rolled oats, cheese, eggs, garlic, and spices. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Purvis1231 said:

Do vegans eat food cooked on the same grill as beef?

Whenever I have had a veggie burger on a ship (not sure if they were vegan), it was either cooked in the back on a different grill or cooked in a pan on the regular grill.

• Thanks 1

I've gotten the veggie burger at Guy's. They always would tell me, "give us 10 minutes", but they did not send me to the deli and they did not cook it on the same grill as the meat burgers.  Maybe they went to the deli for me.  Not sure. They are better than the Gardenburgers I get at the grocery store. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, 2PinaColadas said:

I've gotten the veggie burger at Guy's. They always would tell me, "give us 10 minutes", but they did not send me to the deli and they did not cook it on the same grill as the meat burgers.  Maybe they went to the deli for me.  Not sure. They are better than the Gardenburgers I get at the grocery store. 

Unfortunately, I believe they moved veggie burgers from Guy's to the Deli back in late 2018...

• Thanks 1

I feel the same way about the beyond burger. My wife is a vegetarian and has no desire to eat something that tastes like meat.

People veggie burger is a generic term, Garden Burger is a company. A veggie burger might or might not be Vegan, a vegan burger is a veggie burger, confusing enough?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, coevan said:

I feel the same way about the beyond burger. My wife is a vegetarian and has no desire to eat something that tastes like meat.

People veggie burger is a generic term, Garden Burger is a company. A veggie burger might or might not be Vegan, a vegan burger is a veggie burger, confusing enough?

A beyond burger is hands down the best tasting veggie burger around. You can’t knock something you’ve never tried.

Edited by Jerseygirl1416
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, vnman63 said:

As a lifelong vegetarian, I have tried almost all of the current crop of veggie burgers out there. I personally can’t wait till they start serving the Impossible Burger as an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I stand corrected. The impossible burger and the beyond burgers are the best tasting vegan/veggie burgers out there. It would be great if they could offer either at guys. It wouldn’t take much to accomplish this either. An electric griddle and they’re good to go.

2 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

I stand corrected. The impossible burger and the beyond burgers are the best tasting vegan/veggie burgers out there. It would be great if they could offer either at guys. It wouldn’t take much to accomplish this either. An electric griddle and they’re good to go.

LOL, I will take your word for it.  I wonder how many they make now?

1 minute ago, jimbo5544 said:

LOL, I will take your word for it.  I wonder how many they make now?

Uh none because they don’t offer either but both would be a great meat free option to add to Guys. Give them a try you’d be surprised how delicious they are but cook the Beyond burger in a skillet because I can’t ever get them not to stick to the grill.

• Like 1