Where to see Beverage Package on Booking

helen haywood

Received two perks from X.  Paid in full for cruise next month.  Used to show CALL or PALL on the Express Pass.  Now it doesn't. Not on the Express Pass on the app nor on the laptop.  When I go into Manage My Reservation on the laptop it takes me to a blank page.  Where does one see the beverage package these days?

You can't. The only place you see your 2 perks is on the email they sent confirming your booking. I called X to ask that very question. X IT dept told me that basically the website is a store that allows you to make purchases but does not show you what you already purchased. So, you could, in theory, accidentally purchase your beverage perks again. There isn't any measure in place to prevent that. Their website is sorely lacking the bells and whistles that I would expect a "premium" cruise line to have. I spoke to their IT dept and they have no plans to correct their known website deficits.

Edited by annual cruiser 1968
added info

Thanks.  The question was pretty academic as I'm sure all will be well when we board.  Yes, I have the confirmation invoice from the travel agent.  I just know it used to be on your express pass.....certainly don't consider it a step in the right direction to remove it!  It would stop people calling and asking....  I am aware of the limitations of their website....

I didnt have the drink package show up on my last cruise to about 2 weeks out.  I had the paperwork so was not worried.   The only confusing thing was mine showed both Pall and Call on the express pass but that also cleared up and when I got my room keys everything was all set. 

47 minutes ago, farawayatsea said:

When you check in on line you can see the drinks package on the boarding pass. We had classic and I think it was abbreviated 

Class or something like that,

I have checked in via the app.  Neither of us showed CALL.  I think it might be too early as some are reporting they only saw it a couple of weeks before the cruise.  It also isn't under my Order History....

I never worry about it. We always get the OBC and CBP as a bundled perk. The OBC and the CBP always show as  a line item on our Celebrity invoices. The OBC always shows up in the CP but the CBP has never showed up in our CP or on our Express Passes. When we board the ship the CBP is always printed (CALL) on our Sea Passes. As long as the invoices, Sea Passes are correct and the OBC  showing on the interactive TV is correct that's all that matters. I stopped being concerned what the Express Passes or CP shows. 

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

Odd that some Express Passes show it and some don’t.  Gotta love Celebrity!

Here's my reasoning: On some ships (Edge and the revolutionized ships) you don't receive your sea pass card anymore when boarding but you can pick them up in your room.  So the express passes for those ships show your beverage package, allowing you to go to a bar before picking up your cards in the room.

Ships where you still get the sea pass card in the terminal wouldn't need to have the beverage package printed on the express pass, as you would not board the ship without your proof that you have the package.

Our, of course, it's Celebrity being Celebrity, and there is no reason at all 😆

Edited by [g]cruiserke

Were we talking about another company, your reasoning would make sense!!  However, in my case, I’ve sailed on Edge before and my electronic express pass showed CALL.  I am sailing again on the Edge, and this time no CALL is on the express pass.  (Perhaps my liver is staging an intervention...)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, [g]cruiserke said:

Here's my reasoning: On some ships (Edge and the revolutionized ships) you don't receive your sea pass card anymore when boarding but you can pick them up in your room.  So the express passes for those ships show your beverage package, allowing you to go to a bar before picking up your cards in the room.

Ships where you still get the sea pass card in the terminal wouldn't need to have the beverage package printed on the express pass, as you would not board the ship without your proof that you have the package.

Our, of course, it's Celebrity being Celebrity, and there is no reason at all 😆

That wasn't our recent experience. Our September 2019 Summit (post revolutionized ship) cruise our Xpress Passes didn't have the BP type printed on them. All post revolutionized ships allow you to go immediately to your stateroom no matter the time you board the ship to drop off your carry on luggage and pick up your Sea Pass cards. Not having the BP printed on your Xpress still isn't an issue. Doing a B2B on the Summit March/April 2020 and the CBP isn't printed on either Xpress Passes. I'll check again about a week before our 28 March sail date. If it isn't no biggie as it won't matter. 

Edited by davekathy

I had perks that where not showing and i was the phone to  X with another issue .. and the girl said i would get it .. just bring my order .. but then she did one better talked to someone in the tech side and now both my  unlimited internet and my premuim drinks package show with my order 🙂

My Express Pass (in the Celebrity App & Printed Version) shows the beverage package abbreviated for a May cruise.

The beverage package wasn't showing in my cruise planner (even though it did on all other papers) so I called Celebrity and asked for it to be "added" to show in the cruise planner.  I did this before Check-In began.    I usually have the Premium Beverage Package at the time of booking but this next sailing it actually made sense to go with 3 perks and then upgrade to Premium.  The cruise planner didn't show I had a beverage package at all and for two reasons I wanted to see it.  #1.  To see it ;)   #2. If a sale comes up before sailing, I can upgrade to Premium before boarding and take advantage of a sale.  So, after calling Celebrity it now shows I have a beverage package and the option to upgrade. 🍹

Perhaps you should call and ask Celebrity to "add" it so it shows in your cruise planner.   Some people say it will appear on it's own as the cruise gets closer but I always like to call and not just wait to see it.  ;) 

The only thing that reassured me was that the OBC showed up immediately so I figured the rest will follow ok.  I really dont like it that the website suggests you purchase the premium package when its already been included.  Very confusing for those who dont 'know' Celebrity'

• Like 2

18 hours ago, [g]cruiserke said:

On some ships (Edge and the revolutionized ships) you don't receive your sea pass card anymore when boarding but you can pick them up in your room.  So the express passes for those ships show your beverage package, allowing you to go to a bar before picking up your cards in the room.

Nope, I'm on Edge and it's not showing on the Express Pass or under Order History either.

3 minutes ago, mafig said:

Nope, I'm on Edge and it's not showing on the Express Pass or under Order History either.

Once more my hope for a logical explanation for a Celebrity anomaly gets brutally dashed 😄

Edited by [g]cruiserke
  • Haha 1