Guy's burgers

airdale

Ok, what I am looking for is some honest information on the burgers at Guy's burger.  Is there any way to get a burger cooked "medium, or pink in the middle", right off the grill?  Or are they all pre cooked and setting in a hot pan?  What I have read in reviews and in comments you can, BUT you can't...depending who is commenting.  Those that say you can...do you give an extra tip to get one?  It would be worth a couple of bucks to get a juicy burger instead of one fast food style.  Thanks for sharing.  Don

15 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I am probably in the minority, but I am not a fan of Guy’s burgers. They are way too greasy for my taste.  

I agree.  However, I really appreciate their presence on the ships because sometimes, the MDR, Lido, waits in line for pizza and deli are just not what you want getting back from an excursion.   Guy's was a fast option when meeting up to check in with kids before activities and regroup.  I doubt we would ever seek them out on land unless to reminisce about times on the ship.  😁

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I am probably in the minority, but I am not a fan of Guy’s burgers. They are way too greasy for my taste.  

completely agree, they press the burgers to death. Generally chains will not serve pink meat, doubt Carnival will. I know our health department suggests cooking to 160 degrees, hence the asterisk at the bottom of menus about serving under cooked meat

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

This is ironic that this comes up so often. Some people say the burgers aren't juicy, some say they are too much so.

I always enjoy a good burger. I don't find Guy's to be greasy at all.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, airdale said:

Ok, what I am looking for is some honest information on the burgers at Guy's burger.  Is there any way to get a burger cooked "medium, or pink in the middle", right off the grill? 

Thanks Don

Hi Don ☺️

I've always requested a medium rare burger without issue. Just tell them how you like your burger, it's a simple request. Happy sailing!🍔

Guys-Burger-Joint-IMG-0163-JPG.jpg

🌴

Edited by PortSideCruzan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

As usual you are right again.....you can fill in the blanks. Which good burgers are not greasy?

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Which good burgers are not greasy?

Burger meat requires a decent amount of fat but that should be on the inside of the burger. If it's on the outside I'm guessing it's been sitting in grease on the grill. We grind our own meat so kinda know our way around this subject just a tad 🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, airdale said:

Ok, what I am looking for is some honest information on the burgers at Guy's burger.  Is there any way to get a burger cooked "medium, or pink in the middle", right off the grill?  Or are they all pre cooked and setting in a hot pan?  What I have read in reviews and in comments you can, BUT you can't...depending who is commenting.  Those that say you can...do you give an extra tip to get one?  It would be worth a couple of bucks to get a juicy burger instead of one fast food style.  Thanks for sharing.  Don

Yes you can with no problem and no tip necessary. When your in line just ask them when they ask you what you want. You may have to wait a few seconds and people can go around you but they will give you a medium cooked one. I did it every time on my cruise on Vista.  

7 minutes ago, zorky12 said:

Yes you can with no problem and no tip necessary. When your in line just ask them when they ask you what you want. You may have to wait a few seconds and people can go around you but they will give you a medium cooked one. I did it every time on my cruise on Vista.  

Yep, I've seen a few people ask for them done a certain way and they were always taken care of.

And I'll say that I LOVE Guy's Burgers, especially with the wide array of options to customize them yourself at the topping bar.  I had them three times for lunch on the cruise I just got back from and couldn't be happier. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, clo said:

Burger meat requires a decent amount of fat but that should be on the inside of the burger. If it's on the outside I'm guessing it's been sitting in grease on the grill. We grind our own meat so kinda know our way around this subject just a tad 🙂

Well I would not want to argue with anyone who knows that much. ☺️

• Haha 2

I find the Guys burgers not "packed" but a loose patty. Is it greasy? well, not sure, but my tummy doesn't like them much, nor my taste buds.  What is good at Guys is the fries, with BBQ sauce.:classic_smile:

There is a Guys menu, but when I try to order the burger with the onion ring on it, the servers looked confused.  I pointed to the menu, they looked around, found an onion ring, and put it on.  I admit I do have one every cruise, but it is usually as a matter of what is available, when I get hungry. 

I saw on a cooking show the reason that we want well cooked burgers is that while a steak has only one surface where bacteria can grow, and we sear that, ground beef can have all sorts of bacteria in it, and there is no way to kill all the bacteria unless served well done.  That said, Guy's burgers are done, they are not hard as a hockey puck (like Carnival's old burger choice).  I would rather eat it well done, and not risk the "germs".

Enjoy your burger, sorry I cant answer the question, because on  cruise ship I wouldn't order a burger medium rare.

It's the best burger for miles and miles. It's greasy, yet dry. It's fast food, yet gourmet. It's a terrible wait in a long line, yet you get a burger pretty fast. I'm about 40 days away from one right now.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Ha, ha, ha, ha!  WOW, I never even considered that this topic would get the reactions and comment this topic has gotten!  Reminds me of the "days of old" when someone asked about jeans in the dining room or shorts on dress up night.

THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH!

I WILL request two (2) "MEDIUM" cooked burgers fresh off the grill.

RADIANCE CRUISE THIS THANKSGIVING!

50 years ago I used to grill my burger "RARE" and then 30 to 40 years ago I started grilling my burgers "MEDUIM RARE", but now days I grill a medium burger (pink in the middle and juicy) and request the same when I am out.

I love burgers!  Don

• Like 2

16 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Terrible the first time I ate one (Carnival Dream), but enjoyed them on the Carnival Fantasy & Sensation.  But the reality is, it should be called Guy's Fries because those are what makes that place worthwhile.

29 minutes ago, airdale said:

Oh I missed something...ANY PHOTOS OF GUY'S FIXING BAR?  I might as well start planning my burgers now.  Thanks!

I know there are potato sticks, Bacon Bits (actual fresh bacon), lettuce, tomato, mushrooms, ketchup, mustard, mayo, special sauce, onions, pickles, hot sauce, and more.  But they do run out of bacon sometimes.  You can watch the video here and catch glimpses of the toppings bar:

https://www.carnival.com/cruise-food/guys-burger-joint