Is Coronavirus on Any Islands

Nana57

56 minutes ago, Nana57 said:

Sailing on the Silhouette in 3 weeks to Southern Caribbean. Does anyone know if this virus is on any Islands?  

We are sailing on the Infinity in March.

I have been utilizing the website below to track which countries have active cases of Coronavirus.  I have found it to be updated regularly and accurate.

As of right now I do not see any islands or areas in the Caribbean affected.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Edited by cruisehabits
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dengue fever seems to be going around in some areas.  You might want to check travel advisories and at least be prepared with mosquito repellent, etc.  Not saying you shouldn't go but a few severe cases made the news here recently so it's probably best to try and avoid the mosquitoes.

1 hour ago, cruisehabits said:

I have been utilizing the website below to track which countries have active cases of Coronavirus.  I have found it to be updated regularly and accurate.

Thanks for the link.  Very informative.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cruisehabits said:

thanks cruisehabits for posting that link; great information as we are also concerned with the Caribbean islands.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks for the link.  Very informative.

Yes, worldometers.info is extremely informative (guess, that's why it's in their name).  I've been following this link since the 20th and logging the info for Japan as I have a cruise booked in Millie in Sept. out of Vancouver.  (94 cases on the 20th, 161 listed today.  Hoping to see a decline prior to my final pay in June!)

Donna

My sister and family, as well as two other friends both recently returned from cruises to the Caribbean (Southern itinerary included) and neither ship was turned away from any ports, nor were people wearing masks or taking extra precautions, other than thorough hand washing and using sanitizer gels.

Jamaica is refusing an MSC ship as of this morning because of Corona Virus fears.  I posted a link to a news story in another thread.

I am following this topic with interest as I think we are on the same cruise.  I could have cancelled for a 25% refund at 31 days out, but decided to roll the dice.   I hope we're both lucky but, as I suspected, this virus is chasing us.