Sailing Oasis in 38 days. Entertainment has still not opened

Many of us are frustrated that entertainment  has not opened for this cruise in just 38 days.  Several had called Royal Caribbean and get the same canned response, “entertainment will open in a few days.”    Website tells us all to schedule entertainment on board. It  will be a madhouse if we all have to wait till boarding  day.   

I know that no one has an answer, I’m just  frustrated.  

m

32 minutes ago, jmmiles said:

We sail Oasis in 31 days and we booked our entertainment well over a month ago.  Strange that the next sailing would not be open for booking

Entertainment gets released in batches of cruises.  Yours was obviously the last sailing in a particular batch while the OP’s sailing will be the first sailing in the next batch. 

• CCHelp changed the title to Sailing Oasis in 38 days. Entertainment has still not opened

We sail in 45 days and am in the same boat. (Pun not intended.) I, too have heard that entertainment gets released in batches, but I’ve also heard that cruises farther out have entertainment available for booking. Although I don’t know if Oasis is included in those cruises.

I’m frustrated, as I am a planner by nature. However, I’m trying to reframe it as an opportunity to log into my cruise planner daily and feel that little jolt of happiness that comes from the knowledge that I’m going on a cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jmmiles said:

We sail Oasis in 31 days and we booked our entertainment well over a month ago.  Strange that the next sailing would not be open for booking

We're 45 days out and haven't had any news in Cruise Planner either.  Rather antsy for the entertainment to open. Hydrophillic and I are on the same roll call.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Heymarco said:

Wonder why it varies to much from ship to ship? Could cruise/activity directors be behind? That or maybe a delay in getting headliners?

It’s always varied ship by ship.  Oasis seems to be running late with the batches of entertainment they are releasing ever since the drydock.  If I had to guess it would be because they are still working out on board scheduling logistics with having added a new show as well as the tribute bands that have also been doing a show in the Aquatheatre. Don’t forget that many of the cast and technical stage hands perform in more than 1 show.  

• Like 1

On 2/28/2020 at 7:57 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Aqua show, ice show, headliner, Cats, One Sky (production show) and the comedian. 

I the comedian in the main theater?   How do you reserve the escape room and lazer tag?

3 minutes ago, mattR said:

I the comedian in the main theater?   How do you reserve the escape room and lazer tag?

Laser tag is sign up on board.  Escape room typically opens late, after entertainment.  

Comedian  will have shows in the comedy club each night as well as an adult show in the theatre the last night. 

6 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Our May 10th Entertainment opened today.

Thats just strange.  Your cruise is more than one month after ours, but our entertainment still isn't available.  Maybe because its a different ship?

• Like 1