Move Up: May not be a bargain

Orator

Received move up offer from a C3 to an A2 at a minimum $350 pp bid. Called TA and actually got it for $15 pp and retained my OBC. Not all offers are the same and check before you react. This was for the Edge cruise on April 19th. By far the most dramatic difference I've found.

Edited by Orator
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Orator said:

Received move up offer from a C3 to an A2 at a minimum $350 pp bid. Called TA and actually got it for $15 pp and retained my OBC. Not all offers are the same and check before you react. This was for the Edge cruise on April 19th. By far the most dramatic difference I've found.

That is why you need to look at the offers. We agree the difference is large, but these are strange times.

12 minutes ago, Orator said:

There goes another dip in the stock price... 😉

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Orator said:

Nice story and a good lesson.

2 minutes ago, Life Buoy said:

Appears to me that when posters say they: "won" a move-up bid" they're really saying that they were willing to pay more than anyone else for an unsold stateroom. Guess price really doesn't matter if you want it.

And if they do their homework they get a better price than paying the full price to upgrade.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I put in minimum MoveUp offers about ten days ago.  Then a few days ago I checked available cabins, and prices, and found I could move up to an Aqua gty for half the minimum bid.  And IVs were less than my gty, as were Concierge.  So I sent a message to my TA, and am now in a Concierge for no charge.  EM

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This past Monday, I was able to upgrade to an S1 from a C2 on my upcoming April TA for no additional money.  I'd looked at the move-up bids and minimum Sky Suite was $1K pp (or $2K solo) without the benefit of increased points.  And there weren't any sky suites open anyway.  For grins, tried a dummy booking and an S1 showed as available for the same price I'd paid for my C2??  Not possible.  So I checked it on another browser and it was still there.  So checked Exciting Deals and single supplement was 125% which finally explained the fare.  As fast as my thumbs could move, I fired off a text to my TA to pleeeease try to get it for me.  About 5 minutes later, my email dinged with new X invoice showing the new cabin (which means I get the extra points, too).  I'm still utterly astounded.  In 27 years of cruising, this was/is the most amazing deal I've ever gotten or seen.  I've also NEVER known Celebrity to offer 125% single supplement.  Until this week, the best I've seen was 150%.  There are still lots of vacant cabins so I expect prices to change even more. (Note to self:  every morning at breakfast, try dummy bookings for all upcoming cruises.)  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

This past Monday, I was able to upgrade to an S1 from a C2 on my upcoming April TA for no additional money.  I'd looked at 

Congratulations Ms. Ruth.  😊

• Thanks 1

From the secret I learned here. Once at the review screen click on the X in the top left Celebrity X Cruises and that will bring up the courtesy hold option!

Not sure why it's not more obvious for the times it doesn't just give you the chance to courtesy hold when you exit the reservation.

Edited by twins_to_alaska
  • Thanks 1