Currently sailing on Oasis - I didn’t cancel 🎉

Hi everyone....

I am currently sailing on Oasis in spite of my own fears. Like most people, I’ve been heavily influenced by the news and considered just canceling and waiting to rebook when the dust settled on CV.... but here I am, along with about 5000 others who made the same call. I often do LIVE reports when I cruise, but decided this time to just open a thread that I’ll update regularly and answer questions.  I’ll answer the first one... I haven’t seen anyone wearing a mask. It looks and feels like any other cruise 👍🏻 I’m glad to finally turn the TV off and live in a news free zone for a week!  
Today is the first of 2 days at sea and there’s a deck chair with my name on it 😎

• Like 38
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

@ckrobyn thanks for your update!  We are on Anthem and our experience is equally positive. 

Everyone onboard clearly in a mood to get away and just enjoy!  We had the pleasure of an hour of non-stop laughs in Diamond Lounge (got my pin today!) with some really fun"frequent fliers" we bumped into while waiting for cabins to be ready. I only realized when I saw your post that not once did anyone mention the bug whose name shall not be spoken.  Seems we have entered a media-free zone!  I wonder if it's not too late to hit the future cruise desk and add a week of this therapy!  Cheers!   

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, rich_cathybrock said:

@ckrobyn thanks for your update!  We are on Anthem and our experience is equally positive. 

Everyone onboard clearly in a mood to get away and just enjoy!  We had the pleasure of an hour of non-stop laughs in Diamond Lounge (got my pin today!) with some really fun"frequent fliers" we bumped into while waiting for cabins to be ready. I only realized when I saw your post that not once did anyone mention the bug whose name shall not be spoken.  Seems we have entered a media-free zone!  I wonder if it's not too late to hit the future cruise desk and add a week of this therapy!  Cheers!   

Thanks for updating on your own experience.

Funny thing... I am way more at ease and relaxed actually being on the ship than the last few weeks leading up to it. Enjoy your cruise on Anthem 😀

• Like 3

We just got off the Oasis when you got on. Never once did I worry about the virus. We did see one or two people with masks on but that could of been due to them having an autoimmune issue.

We had a great cruise, absolutely no complaints except they made us get off😀

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I am sailing on the Oasis in May.  We are still unable to book our shows.  Will you be posting Cruise Compass daily?  Just thought that I might be able to put some sort of a schedule for the shows together so I know what I'd like to do and when.  I hope that you have an amazing cruise.

11 minutes ago, redhead621 said:

I am sailing on the Oasis in May.  We are still unable to book our shows.  Will you be posting Cruise Compass daily?  Just thought that I might be able to put some sort of a schedule for the shows together so I know what I'd like to do and when.  I hope that you have an amazing cruise.

Mr Fun in the Sun just did a " live from" report and posted all the cruise compasses.

How about Ship protocols?  For example in the buffet are they serving food and preventing you from taking your own?

Are they being aggressive at making you wash your hands before entering the buffet or shows?

Did they just ask you questions on embarkation or did they actually take your temp?

17 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I was expecting a picture from the top of the rock wall.

Now you and I both know that’s not gonna happen 🙄

Edited by ckrobyn
Wrong emoji lol

3 minutes ago, zalusky said:

How about Ship protocols?  For example in the buffet are they serving food and preventing you from taking your own?

Are they being aggressive at making you wash your hands before entering the buffet or shows?

Did they just ask you questions on embarkation or did they actually take your temp?

There were health screening questions at boarding, which in my opinion were comprehensive and exactly what I was expecting. The windjammer is business as usual, however passengers are more aware and fastidious when it comes to hand washing. I used to see people veer out of the line for  hand washing at the WJ, but not this cruise.

i think, actually I know, there is a heightened awareness and everyone is doing their part. There were no thermometers at boarding.

Edited by ckrobyn
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

I wouldn't have cancelled either. Any new word on what was up with going back to port for the medical evacuation?

I heard that it was a cardiac event. I hope the passenger will be okay 🙏🏻

5 minutes ago, ckrobyn said:

I heard that it was a cardiac event. I hope the passenger will be okay 🙏🏻

Phew. Well, not phew but phew. If that makes any sense. 

9 minutes ago, ckrobyn said:

There were health screening questions at boarding, which in my opinion were comprehensive and exactly what I was expecting. The windjammer is business as usual, however passengers are more aware and fastidious when it comes to hand washing. I used to see people veer out of the line for  hand washing at the WJ, but not this cruise.

i think, actually I know, there is a heightened awareness and everyone is doing their part. There were no thermometers at boarding.

That's awesome because everyone's main concern should still be Noro. Unless you're over 70 and/or have a weakened immune system.