NCLH Stock Price

Hrhbob

1 hour ago, jskinsd said:

I love all these could have, would have and should have people.  You people are not investors.  You are day traders until you cruise is over.  When will be a good time to sell?  Or just buy the shares to get the $100 OBC and then sell.   And why just cruise stocks.  What about the airline industry? Do they offer perks for stockholders for flying?  I do not know.  If you are not cruising anytime soon you might as well sell and take the money now.  Buy again when you think you may cruise again.  How much money do you really think you will make on 100 shares for a $25 stock that does not offer dividends?  Stocks fall a lot faster than they gain. This isn't Microsoft in the 90's.  When the stock hits $33 again I will be even on my investment but have collected over $5000.00 on my over 50 NCL cruises in OBC.✌️

Not sure what your point is, but whats the problem with being a day trader, or buying a little stock when it is obviously low, with very little risk, and getting a little OBC perk, for the recreation of seeing what happens, and having something to watch?  Seems like your post is meant to disparage, and if so, whats the problem?

I am rooting for NCL to do well, and thought to myself, I bet it will survive, and if so, that $10 stock could be worth $5000 in a couple years.  I dont buy individual stocks as a rule, and frankly, I had to figure it out one morning after deciding it would be fun.  I'm glad I did, because it is fun.  Without sports right now it gives me something to follow daily.  I have a few retirement accounts, which are all essentially mutual funds.  They are tougher to follow throughout the day than an individual stock.

To each his/her own.  Lots of people here were betting on NCL to go out of business.  I didnt think that was likely, and felt it might climb up again.  I still do.

53 minutes ago, SeaWatcher65 said:

Are people really sure about NCL stock continuing to go up in price?  I thought about buying NCL stock 100 shares at $10.  That's $1000.  But I thought NCL was very high risk for bankruptcy, then stock is worth nothing.  I'm not sure not that NCL is immune from bankruptcy.  The company has no income now, tons of debt, and assets that cannot be sold.  Not sure who is in the market to buy a cruise ship!  Before NCL can get back to limited operations (and limited earnings), it will have to staff their ships again, depend on willing cruisers who have other safer vacation options, and hope the ports hungry for cruisers' spending are willing to open up.  And the $100 on board credit if you own 100 shares?  NCL could take that benefit away at any time as it continues to cut expenses.  Sorry for the doom and gloom.  I just hope I can take my 2 NCL cruises and not lose my cruise next certificates' value.  

Cant be sure of anything.  Just make calculated guesses.  However, even if NCL files bankruptcy, that doesnt mean it will go out of business, or that its stocks will go below the purchase price, even if it goes down at all.  Sometimes filing bankruptcy puts a company in a better financial position.  Moreover, it is looking less likely that bankruptcy will happen.

My reasoning for betting on the cruise industry to rebound is twofold.  First, there is, and notwithstanding all the covid-19 fears, there will always be a big market for cruising.  Second, those ships exist, and they are not going to scrap them.  Too valuable an asset not to be sailing.  Thus, the show must go on.  Couple those things with the fact that all the high brass executives with NCL (and other cruise lines) own a ton of their company's stock, and wont take a bath on that fortune without a real serious fight.

1 hour ago, brovol said:

Not sure what your point is, but whats the problem with being a day trader, or buying a little stock when it is obviously low, with very little risk, and getting a little OBC perk, for the recreation of seeing what happens, and having something to watch?  Seems like your post is meant to disparage, and if so, whats the problem?

I am rooting for NCL to do well, and thought to myself, I bet it will survive, and if so, that $10 stock could be worth $5000 in a couple years.  I dont buy individual stocks as a rule, and frankly, I had to figure it out one morning after deciding it would be fun.  I'm glad I did, because it is fun.  Without sports right now it gives me something to follow daily.  I have a few retirement accounts, which are all essentially mutual funds.  They are tougher to follow throughout the day than an individual stock.

To each his/her own.  Lots of people here were betting on NCL to go out of business.  I didnt think that was likely, and felt it might climb up again.  I still do.

The point is that you can still make money when the stock price may be lower than what you purchased it at.   Staying pat and cruising NCL.   And to parlay that money with cruise next means free cruises for me.

Good luck on your investing. ✌

2 hours ago, jskinsd said:

I love all these could have, would have and should have people.  You people are not investors.  You are day traders until you cruise is over.  When will be a good time to sell?  Or just buy the shares to get the $100 OBC and then sell.   And why just cruise stocks.  What about the airline industry? Do they offer perks for stockholders for flying?  I do not know.  If you are not cruising anytime soon you might as well sell and take the money now.  Buy again when you think you may cruise again.  How much money do you really think you will make on 100 shares for a $25 stock that does not offer dividends?  Stocks fall a lot faster than they gain. This isn't Microsoft in the 90's.  When the stock hits $33 again I will be even on my investment but have collected over $5000.00 on my over 50 NCL cruises in OBC.✌️

Of course you make an excellent- knowledgeable point.    Many people don’t know what they’re doing and don’t have a clue about-  investing.   Growth is my priority.  And with no dividends and devaluation?     A “LOT “. Of cruises to me means at least 10/ year- every year.   Some people think a “lot “ is a lot lower.    🤩.      You and I do cruise a lot.   🤩.   Last year was my highest benefit $2150.    Of course this year is only $300.  🤩

3 minutes ago, jskinsd said:

The point is that you can still make money when the stock price may be lower than what you purchased it at.   Staying pat and cruising NCL.   And to parlay that money with cruise next means free cruises for me.

Good luck on your investing. ✌

Oh, gotcha.  I misunderstood.  You too.

Just now, brovol said:

Oh, gotcha.  I misunderstood.  You too.

Yep I also use the stockholder benefit to purchase Cruise Next.   Nothing better with the double CN redemptions over the past year.    

35 minutes ago, Budget Queen said:

Yep I also use the stockholder benefit to purchase Cruise Next.   Nothing better with the double CN redemptions over the past year.    

OK let the secret out of the bag - - -

When you purchase the CN certificates do you get $100 OBC for being a stockholder ?

AND

then when you book the cruise get an additional $100 OBC ?

Is this how it works ?

28 minutes ago, don't-use-real-name said:

When you purchase the CN certificates do you get $100 OBC for being a stockholder ?

AND

Is this how it works ?

No.   The stockholder benefit is done before the cruise and put on your nonrefundable account. (On your ship invoice)).    On the ship you purchase Cruise Next deposits.    With 2 or more CN deposits you buy at half price.   Purchase price. $125. Value of $250.    You redeem it on your next purchased cruise.    Pay for it getting the full value of the deposit. $250 off.   

53 minutes ago, don't-use-real-name said:

AND

Is this how it works ?

No secret.  Use your OBC wisely.  Buy $250 of cruise next.  Do not buy anything on your cruise.  You get $100 OBC from your cruise next purchase for your cruise.  $250-$100(cruise next)-$100(stockholder)=$50.  I will take $5 for $1 it costs me anytime.  And when cruises are $249 for a seven day cruise, that $50 investment has really paid off.  😁 

Stockholder benefit really pays off if you take more than 5 cruises a year.  

Buying and selling before and after your cruise for the OBC is just day trading.  You just hope the price doesn't go down.  And if it did you are holding until your next cruise for your next OBC.  It's GAMBLING.🤞

Edited by jskinsd

10 minutes ago, kollegekreed said:

Afte ri sold last time it went to ten after the bankruptcy talk and I decided to stay out...whoops. Also sold my RCL at 48 two weeks ago and it’s at 73 today. 

I love it when people complain about making money.  I assume you bought lower than $48.  Would have, should have, could have.

Edited by jskinsd

6 minutes ago, kollegekreed said:

thanks! Youve added a lot to this conversation! Go back under your bridge. 

All about timing.  And day trading is hard.  As I mentioned I bought NCL at $33 in 2013.  Saw it rise to $60 and most recently below $10.  Now around $25.  My stock investment may be lower but because I cruise NCL often and use my stock OBC with the purchase of Cruise Next, my overall investment over the years is positive.  And I am sitting on $1000 of cruise next that was almost for free to be used on my next cruise.✌️

Here is where I'm at today with my NCL options.  Initial investment about $3,000 and I've sold a few the last few days for about $5,000.  I also bought some CCL.  This feels like a once a decade opportunity because I know all the lines will bounce back to some degree when they start sailing again. 

Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 5.11.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 5.08.07 PM.png

4 hours ago, Budget Queen said:

Of course you make an excellent- knowledgeable point.    Many people don’t know what they’re doing and don’t have a clue about-  investing.   Growth is my priority.  And with no dividends and devaluation?     A “LOT “. Of cruises to me means at least 10/ year- every year.   Some people think a “lot “ is a lot lower.    🤩.      You and I do cruise a lot.   🤩.   Last year was my highest benefit $2150.    Of course this year is only $300.  🤩

Thanks girl.  Cashed in a lot the last two years. 😁 Only one  7 day in Jan this year.  I will still get to Hoonah this year somehow.  Looking forward to cruising with you again.✌️

Edited by jskinsd

14 minutes ago, Tummy said:

Here is where I'm at today with my NCL options.  Initial investment about $3,000 and I've sold a few the last few days for about $5,000.  I also bought some CCL.  This feels like a once a decade opportunity because I know all the lines will bounce back to some degree when they start sailing again. 

Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 5.11.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 5.08.07 PM.png

Good Luck.  🤞

Or maybe they were (as well as other travel stocks) ridiculously oversold by people over reacting to what was going on in the world, and now they are bouncing back because they are actually still worth what they were before this all happened?

54 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

maybe the reason for the sharp rise with  no income is that ncl is being bought out?

maybe......maybe not.  And then what happens if you are right?  You WIN.✌️  

So, as I said earlier, I own 122 shares of NCL stock, after purchasing when price was real low.  My question is, what do I need to do to get my $100 OBC prior to my cruise in March?  I know it says send NCL a brokerage statement or a proxy card, along with the benefit request form, but what exactly do you sent them?  I have my account with TD Ameritrade; can I just print something out from the site?  I dont see any options for that.  And How soon can I send in that form.  NCL site says "at least __ days before the cruise", but could I send it as early as now?  It seems to me NCL would want to make sure you dont just buy the stock one day, send in the form and proof of ownership, then sell it after getting the credit.  Any insight on that?

Edited by brovol

1 hour ago, brovol said:

So, as I said earlier, I own 122 shares of NCL stock, after purchasing when price was real low.  My question is, what do I need to do to get my $100 OBC prior to my cruise in March?  I know it says send NCL a brokerage statement or a proxy card, along with the benefit request form, but what exactly do you sent them?  I have my account with TD Ameritrade; can I just print something out from the site?  I dont see any options for that.  And How soon can I send in that form.  NCL site says "at least __ days before the cruise", but could I send it as early as now?  It seems to me NCL would want to make sure you dont just buy the stock one day, send in the form and proof of ownership, then sell it after getting the credit.  Any insight on that?

I don't really know the answer to that, I have had the same thought - what's to stop you from selling immediately.  But I have sent in the form and the info 4 months prior to sailing and they gave me the credit fairly immediately.  I just send the form and then print out the most recent statement from my account (redact the account number and any sensitive information).  I just send the part of the statement with the NCL stock, you don't have to send the whole thing (at least I have not).  You could try to send it all now and see what happens?

4 hours ago, brovol said:

I do not have an answer to your question about selling before sailing...but I can tell you...I usually download form online, and send that back with my brokerage statement (redacted except for NCL info)  as soon as I book. 

I simply have a stockpile of printed out NCL benefit forms.   Fill it out-   Email address is on the form.    I photograph the form and take a screenshot of my statement.    And send them together in 1 email.   

In the past I. Frequently late booked   This works well.  

5 hours ago, kfnesq said:

I don't really know the answer to that, I have had the same thought - what's to stop you from selling immediately.  But I have sent in the form and the info 4 months prior to sailing and they gave me the credit fairly immediately.  I just send the form and then print out the most recent statement from my account (redact the account number and any sensitive information).  I just send the part of the statement with the NCL stock, you don't have to send the whole thing (at least I have not).  You could try to send it all now and see what happens?

Excellent.  Thank you.