Cancelling Cruises because of the C word

davemorton

30 minutes ago, scarlet ohara said:

Well I’m retired NHS who got the email from my regulator yesterday and am happy to try to help. I’ve no intention of working in the front line and putting myself at risk as I have some health issues which mean I get a flu vaccine. I’m also out of date but am pretty sure I can help remotely by giving phone advice, even if only limited. To be honest, I’ve nothing else to do as no holidays, no coffee shops or restaurants to meet friends in, no grandchildren to look after. I might as well do something!!

I take my hat off to you. My very best wishes.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, scarlet ohara said:

Well I’m retired NHS who got the email from my regulator yesterday and am happy to try to help. I’ve no intention of working in the front line and putting myself at risk as I have some health issues which mean I get a flu vaccine. I’m also out of date but am pretty sure I can help remotely by giving phone advice, even if only limited. To be honest, I’ve nothing else to do as no holidays, no coffee shops or restaurants to meet friends in, no grandchildren to look after. I might as well do something!!

Well done you. You are exactly the sort of person that puts the ‘Great’ in Britain. I hope thousands more follow your lead.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, scarlet ohara said:

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for doing something rather than nothing. 

Hats off to you, 

Andy & Michelle 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

But where would the thousands of nurses and doctors that the government's got rid of over the last few years come from?  They've made this crisis far worse than it need have been - incredibly there's even a piece in today's Telegraph admitting that!

Harry, the data from this Kings Fund report does not support your continued assertions that THIS govt has reduced the numbers in the health service, in fact these show improvements from 2010 up to Sep 2017, and since then the numbers have continued to rise.

https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/projects/nhs-in-a-nutshell/nhs-staffing-numbers

1 minute ago, AndyMichelle said:

So, how long is this social distancing going to last? 

It's causing me a bit of an issue... 

Michelle keeps banging on the door wanting to come in... 🚪😊

Andy 

Like that one. I’m going to steal it!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

It could be worse Andy.  You could both be banging on the door trying to get out😆.

Avril 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

I bet a few Mother in law's are asking the very same question Andy 😉

I'm off to the Pub thread again before we get deleted 😐😉

Edited by kalos
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

Join us in the pub. A few more jokes over there for you to steal. First virtual drink's on me 🍷😉

Avril 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PRINCESSTHE BEST said:

I speak as I find, they’ve always looked after me and made me feel special. Never had that same feeling from P&O.

To be honest, I'm more if a Princess fan than P&O as well, but in thus particular instance, I do think that Princess are not doing this for nothing.

Edited by wowzz

43 minutes ago, wowzz said:

To be honest, I'm more if a Princess fan than P&O as well, but in thus particular instance, I do think that Princess are not doing this for nothing.

I do believe that the latest Princess cancellation terms are now identical to the new P&O ones.

On 3/16/2020 at 10:22 AM, jeanlyon said:

Yes I finally got an email from them just now.  Cancelling all cruises until April 11th.  Just the start methinks.  Very glad my refund was processed by the lady yesterday.

I don't know if this is allowed, but I'm sure it will be deleted if not. I hope all is well with you and your friend Jean as you've been missed. 

Avril 

• Like 1

Hi Avril, rumours of my doom were incorrect!  I have been over to my office, collected everything I need and am working from home.  I'm lucky I can.

Have a feeling I won't be paying the balance of my next cruise which is due in July.  this looks bad for the long term.

Edited by jeanlyon
  • Like 1