Buying RCL Stock

Hello! With the current state of the RCL Stock price and having the ability to buy, I recently purchase 100 Shares of the RCL Stock.

I heard that I will get some perks if I have 100 or more shares, can someone confirm or elaborate on said perks?

• Like 1

With 100 shares, I recently got $100 OBC for my upcoming  Celebrity Equinox cruise (ten nights), $100 OBC for next spring's Mariner cruise (four nights) and $250 OBC for next year's Celebrity Reflection cruise (15 nights).  I thought it was $100 across the board, but looks like I got more for a longer cruise.

11 minutes ago, Drock20J said:

Hello! With the current state of the RCL Stock price and having the ability to buy, I recently purchase 100 Shares of the RCL Stock.

I heard that I will get some perks if I have 100 or more shares, can someone confirm or elaborate on said perks?

All about the Royal Caribbean shareholder discount

IN: 
26Jun2019
By: 
Matt Hochberg

Royal Caribbean offers a variety of discounts at any time of the year, but one discount that is consistently offered, and yet not very well-known, is the discount for people that own shares of Royal Caribbean stock.

The Royal Caribbean shareholder benefit may not be the most lucrative discount available, but every bit helps and it might save you some money.  Here is what you need to know about the stockholder discount.

Eligibility for the shareholder discount

The shareholder discount is available for any Royal Caribbean shareholder with a minimum of 100 RCL shares at the time of sailing.

The benefit is only available for the stateroom in which the shareholder (with a minimum of 100 shares) is sailing. Only one shareholder credit per stateroom on any one sailing. If shares are held jointly, 100 shares are required for each onboard credit request on any one sailing.

There is no limit on how many times you may take advantage of this discount, but it is one benefit per sailing.

Shareholder Discount Amount

The exact amount of your discount will depend on the length of your sailing.  The type of stateroom you stay in is irrelevant. The discount is applicable on any eligible Royal Caribbean International sailing.

• $250 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 14 or more nights.
  • $100 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 6 to 13 nights.
  • $50 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 5 nights or less.

Can I combine the shareholder discount with other discounts?

The shareholder benefit offer was updated in June 2019 and applies to bookings made on or after June 1, 2019.  With the June 2019 update, the shareholder benefit is easier to use in conjunction with a lot of promotions that it was not in the past.

Benefit is non-transferable and not available to employees, agents of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. or its subsidiaries and affiliates, travel agents and tour operators. Benefit is not combinable with interline rates, travel agent rates, and employee friends and family rates. Benefit cannot be redeemed for chartered sailings, any Galapagos sailings or complimentary sailings.

Redeeming shareholder benefit

Provide your name, address, confirmation number, ship and sailing date along with a copy of your shareholder proxy card or a current brokerage statement showing proof of share ownership in Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd. All shareholder onboard credit requests must be received approximately 2 -3 weeks prior to sail date. Via Mail: RCL Investor Benefit Offer, PO Box 025511, Miami, Florida 33102-5511 Via Fax: 1-305-373-6699 Via Email: shareholderbenefit@rccl.com

Please direct all inquiries to the Shareholder Benefit Team: (954) 628-9325, option #3

Edited by davekathy

I wouldn't buy at the current price but if people feel it is a strong but and will come back why are they only buying enough to get the shareholder benefit ? If you think the price is good and market will rebound buy at least double so you can be in a position to sell AND still keep 100 for the shareholder benefit.  

Waiting for $20 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, LMaxwell said:

I wouldn't buy at the current price but if people feel it is a strong but and will come back why are they only buying enough to get the shareholder benefit ? If you think the price is good and market will rebound buy at least double so you can be in a position to sell AND still keep 100 for the shareholder benefit.  

Waiting for $20 

I am buying some now, and some later. That way IF the price does continue to drop I can still buy at the lower price.  I am not just buying for the benefit, I am buying for the brand, I believe in RCL and I know that the stock will rebound. I will not sell when it does, I am in it for the long haul.

• Like 1

RCL's stock price dropped to $5 and some change back in 2008 and two years later it rose to around $40.  I don't think it will make it down to $5 this year, but in the $20 range - I'm a buyer!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zuggie said:

RCL's stock price dropped to $5 and some change back in 2008 and two years later it rose to around $40.  I don't think it will make it down to $5 this year, but in the $20 range - I'm a buyer!

It sure did!  We bought it at $6 for the shareholder benefit.  When they stopped it we sold it at $15.  Wish we had kept it!  Not now of course !!

21 minutes ago, torpeedo said:

It sure did!  We bought it at $6 for the shareholder benefit.  When they stopped it we sold it at $15.  Wish we had kept it!  Not now of course !!

I think $44.37 with a 7.03 div....still better than $15.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zuggie said:

It never traded above $38 in 07,08 and 09. that was a hefty 70% drop,  Todays price is at a hefty 70% drop from last month.  just sayin. I bought some yesterday in two custodial accounts, if it drops much lower I will load up for me.. 

I don't think people realize how bad it can go for this company & the stock. There could literally be nothing left by the end of the year if the worst case plays out.  I guess lenders probably won't liquidate the assets because who is in good enough shape to buy it and not have the same exact problem? RCL's problem isn't mismanagement, it's dealing with an ever increasing toxic market and is going to take a while to rebound.  The question is, can they weather it?

6 hours ago, LMaxwell said:

Waiting for $20 

I bought 135 shares because that was $7k and that was already stretching my available funds that could be locked away in the markets.

I am wishing I had waited (bought at $50)

28 minutes ago, The Grumpus said:

The question is, can they weather it?

The question is how LONG can they weather it.  At some point the cash is going to be flowing the wrong way and at a staggering rate.  Is it sustainable for 2 months? 6 months? a year? I don't know 

28 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

The question is how LONG can they weather it.  At some point the cash is going to be flowing the wrong way and at a staggering rate.  Is it sustainable for 2 months? 6 months? a year? I don't know 

I don't how long, we'll know a lot more in April with their quarterly report.  They still have to do those.

12 hours ago, LMaxwell said:

Waiting for $20 

Did you stay at a Holiday Inn 🤔

13 hours ago, davekathy said:

All about the Royal Caribbean shareholder discount

IN: 

........Benefit is not combinable with interline rates,.........

Well that sucks, that knocks us right out. 

Edited by ReneeFLL