****NON-CARNIVAL CRUISE LINE OPERATION SUSPENSIONS****

RWolver672

2 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Virgin territory here, my guess is future cruise credit.  Not sure I understand the last sentence....

I think they are saying certain itineraries are only offered this year and not next year.

And also, thus far the FCC only applies to cruises through 3/31 next year. So if you are wanting to go to Alaska, then you are stuck with cruising this year or taking the loss. (If you are set on cruising to Alaska.)

2 minutes ago, five. said:

I think they are saying certain itineraries are only offered this year and not next year.

And also, thus far the FCC only applies to cruises through 3/31 next year. So if you are wanting to go to Alaska, then you are stuck with cruising this year or taking the loss. (If you are set on cruising to Alaska.)

It is a dynamic world we now live in, there will be pain on all fronts.  

• Like 1

Further text from the Princess announcement.

We hope you will stick with us by selecting Option 1, and give our team a chance to shine at a later date by transferring money paid and accepting a significantly higher value future cruise credit that can be used on any voyage through May 1, 2022.

So at least in that case, they've extended the FCC beyond what CCL has done so far. So if it goes that far, they might extend the cruising window. That would be awesome.

19 minutes ago, nissach said:

True.  I just think if you suspend one line how can you justify not suspending another line, especially the way things have been going.  NBA suspending its season.  NHL likely not far behind doing the same thing.  Limiting public gatherings to 250 or less.

Well, we do not know, but apples and oranges.  One cruises the world and the other (with a few exceptions) cruises the Caribbean.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Well, we do not know, but apples and oranges.  One cruises the world and the other (with a few exceptions) cruises the Caribbean.  

Good point!  Just made me go hmmm.

• Like 3

I also think Carnival will follow suit, but if so, why not just announce it at once? Sort of like ripping off the band aid?

But maybe it’s because Carnival is more Caribbean based?

Just seems like the dye is cast here.

2 minutes ago, Hoosierpop said:

I also think Carnival will follow suit, but if so, why not just announce it at once? Sort of like ripping off the band aid?

But maybe it’s because Carnival is more Caribbean based?

Just seems like the dye is cast here.

Their effort is normalize revenue stream they best that they can.  Tough to do when nothing is coming in the door.  That said, depending on how full the ship is (or a not) will be the true arbiter in the decision process.  With Princess there are many obstacles.  

"Those currently onboard a cruise that will end in the next five days will continue to sail as expected through the end of the itinerary so that onward travel arrangements are not disrupted. Current voyages that are underway and extend beyond March 17 will be ended at the most convenient location for guests, factoring in operational requirements. Princess will do everything possible to return each guest home with the greatest amount of care possible."

Current cruises for Princess, may not end where you were support to debark.  Going to be operational and logistical nightmare.

9 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Their effort is normalize revenue stream they best that they can.  Tough to do when nothing is coming in the door.  That said, depending on how full the ship is (or a not) will be the true arbiter in the decision process.  With Princess there are many obstacles.  

Good point. But sometimes, there is just a cascading effect. Meaning, they are doing it so we will do it. 

Tough times.

2 hours ago, 160july said:

This is my worry also. We and another couple leave or NOLA next Friday my car and Cruise Monday. If so I guess we will stay in NOLA and have fun.

Can't beat NOLA for a place to be stranded :)  Have fun whatever happens!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Hoosierpop said:

Good point. But sometimes, there is just a cascading effect. Meaning, they are doing it so we will do it. 

Tough times.

Understand.  I would think it would be a last resort type of thing.  

1 minute ago, T5holmes said:

The princess brand has been tarnished. They have to take a step back and re evaluate the crews and ship cleaning procedures.

who would take a cruise on either of the ships that had covid 19.

That is being done already, they put out a RFP for companies that specialize that.  There stopping sailing is because no one is sailing, not just those two ships.

52 minutes ago, atricks said:

Offer from Princess Cruises for reference:

image.png.afffc1bed756b2863c72b5c5752e1a33.png

This would take the sting out of my cruise being cancelled.  Might be able to book two future cruises with those options!

• Like 1

This is a necessity, its time that people take a step back and realize the severity of the situation. We have already seen how quickly sickness can spread on ships. Your vacation is not that important. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, wdwcoltsfan said:

Rudy Gobert of the Jazz tested positive. I would think the team would have to be quaratined. They have played 6 teams in the past 10 days who

have also been asked to self quarantine. I'm not sure what else the NBA could do. 

Please find a sports related forum to discuss the NBA,  NHL etc.  This is a cruise website and with the situation at hand we are experiencing a huge volume of posts. Keeping them CRUISE RELATED and on topic for the thread you are posting on will make it easier on everyone. Thank you.

Edited by Host Carolyn
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

We just got a call from a client and was forwarded a link to a Newsweek post.  It was very misleading (shocking, I know) but was in regards to the Princess suspend of cruises, but the headline said Carnival, meaning Carnival corp I guess.  

2 minutes ago, happylittlefamily said:

I can understand them making this call for Princess.  The average age of cruiser on Princess vs Carnival is older, which puts the ships at greater risk of being affected.  I am very impressed with the generosity of their offer and can only pray the industry recovers.

Amen

55 minutes ago, Host Carolyn said:

To discuss cease in operation by other cruise lines. Posts relating to this on other threads will be deleted.

Please be respectful and on topic. Will be watching closely

Carolyn, I am a little confused by your post, I am assuming you mean this is the place to talk about it as opposed to others, or it is only for Carnival?   Update...never mind see the thread title was changed. Sorry to bother you.

Edited by jimbo5544