****NON-CARNIVAL CRUISE LINE OPERATION SUSPENSIONS****

RWolver672

They have announced quite fair, even generous, policies.  Choice of full refund or voucher for 125% of cost, and the vouchers are good for 24 months, can be transferred, and will automatically be refunded at expiration.  Very impressive, I hope other cruise lines will follow suit when/if this happens.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bury me at sea said:

No I can not imagine it.  I normally just shake my head at the doom and gloomers but such a step could pretty much spell exactly that for the cruise industry.

The economic impact would be staggering.

I am extremely worried about them on the corporate level....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, drmom423 said:

I think that so far it's only Princess cruises - they are owned by Carnival Cruise Lines. 

Hard to imagine that Carnival Corp would suspend Princess, but not Carnival at some point.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, nissach said:

Hard to imagine that Carnival Corp would suspend Princess, but not Carnival at some point.  

Princess is the line getting the most negative publicity because of the quarantined ships.

But you might be right.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, nissach said:

From a corporate/business standpoint, I'm not sure they could handle it without going bankrupt. Princess cruises are the ones who have been in the news lately as the "coronavirus cruises" with the quarantines. Time - and bookings - will tell. 

• Like 4

Just now, ontheweb said:

Princess is the line getting the most negative publicity because of the quarantined ships.

But you might be right.

True.  I just think if you suspend one line how can you justify not suspending another line, especially the way things have been going.  NBA suspending its season.  NHL likely not far behind doing the same thing.  Limiting public gatherings to 250 or less.

3 minutes ago, drmom423 said:

From a corporate/business standpoint, I'm not sure they could handle it without going bankrupt. Princess cruises are the ones who have been in the news lately as the "coronavirus cruises" with the quarantines. Time - and bookings - will tell. 

I could also see hcl doing the same, since the average age is like 65, and many would be at high risk.

• Like 2

I really hope they don't cancel my 05/31 cruise. For the first time I was able to book to cruises this year. Obviously, people's health is more important than our vacations but it still stinks. Viking & Princess are more European, correct? That is the only hope I am holding on to.

Edited by ctsharpie05

1 minute ago, Mawamw said:

If Carnival suspends operations / cancels cruises within the next 60 days, would they give cash refunds? Not all cruises can be rescheduled and paid for with  fcc.

Virgin territory here, my guess is future cruise credit.  Not sure I understand the last sentence....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mawamw said:

If Carnival suspends operations / cancels cruises within the next 60 days, would they give cash refunds? Not all cruises can be rescheduled and paid for with  fcc.

I wouldn't hold my breath on that.   Pretty sure that they want to keep the business they already had, and the only way to guarantee that is by issuing FCC.

• Like 1