If Royal cancel my cruise would I get my money back?

16 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

That's excellent! Have prices for those cruises gone up or down since this all started?

So far they've only gone up ~$100 on average from what we booked. I would expect that once the smoke clears and RCL gets back to a full schedule, they will work to recover their lost revenue both on elevating future cruise prices and on all of the on-board extras.

11 hours ago, luisc25 said:

I have a cruise out of Barcelona on May 10 on allure, if Royal cancel the cruise, would I get the money back? Or I will get FCC?

https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/spanish-ports-turning-away-cruise-ships-14-days?fbclid=IwAR3bwgOqarj82TyWu2lcc5j0AqDFpsQtlA2jTv9BETIRwcxLjL8Jm-dMgwY

9 minutes ago, ozzie0075 said:

Read section 6i of your cruise contract.  I says in the event Royal Cancels you will get a full a refund. 

Good!  We have two cruises booked over the next two months. Both on Royal.  I would love to go but if they cancel I really want my money back so I will have the flexibility on what cruise line has the best prices when I rebook. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, orville99 said:

So far they've only gone up ~$100 on average from what we booked. I would expect that once the smoke clears and RCL gets back to a full schedule, they will work to recover their lost revenue both on elevating future cruise prices and on all of the on-board extras.

I have a feeling the price increases are automatic.  People are cancelling their close in cruises and booking future ones.  The computer sees the "brisk" sales of future cruises and automatically raises prices as the ship fills up.  Just like with airlines, the faster the seats sell the more expensive they get.  There are way too many ships, cabins, itineraries, etc to be manually priced.  The base parameters are put in for a cruise and the computer takes care of pricing afterwards.

1 hour ago, kidless said:

If they cancel our cruise I expect ALL my money back. We cruise in April we looked to reschedule  but they have raised the prices on future cruises. To get same itinerary & same cabin category (which is few because they are already booked) we’d have to wait till next February to cruise and pay an additional $4000.  

We do not want to spend anymore money then we have already invested. I know this is not Royals fault but it isn’t mine either. I signed this contract in good faith paid $500 extra for their insurance if they cancel my cruise I want my money back or the same cruise/cabin for what I’ve paid! 

I'm with ya!

3 hours ago, cruisinfanatic said:

I have never heard of a cruise getting cancelled and everyone be refunded.

Our April Celebrity Millennium cruise to Japan was canceled and full refund.   

2 hours ago, ozzie0075 said:

Read section 6i of your cruise contract.  I says in the event Royal Cancels you will get a full a refund. 

There is no section 6i.   If you are referring to section 6(e)(i), that gives passengers a refund if the cruise is cancelled due to a mechanical failure.

The provision reads:

e. In the event that a Cruise (or the cruise component of a CruiseTour) is canceled or terminated early due to mechanical failures: i) Passenger shall have a right to a full refund of the Cruise Fare if the Cruise is canceled in full, or a partial refund if the cruise is terminated early;

Note that section 6(d) provides:

d. Carrier shall have the right to comply with any orders, recommendations, or directions whatsoever given by any governmental entity or by persons purporting to act with such authority and such compliance shall not be deemed a breach of this Agreement entitling the Passenger to assert any claim for liability, compensation or refund.

Edited by elephant98

Royal is not going to cancel many/any cruises. They will only cancel if they literally cannot dock at the departure port. They are losing money and corporations are designed to do ANYTHING to stay in business not do the "right" thing.

5 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

That's excellent! Have prices for those cruises gone up or down since this all started?

We are on the Allure TA in NOV.  We booked our cabin lat year and paid $2600 for the cabin, yesterday our cabin category was priced at $5400.

To others asking about refunds. My wife was on the phone yesterday with C&A, if we cancel we will get a future cruise credit. That credit will not include $700 that was from a FCC received from a cruise we cancelled last year and applied to the new sailing. If they cancel the cruise we get back 100% cash refund. We have not yet booked our airfare and she advised we get cancel for any reason insurance. If we book through Air2Sea and they cancel before final payment date there would be no charge.  We are on the previous weeks cruise in the Med and asked what happens if the Med cruise is cancelled and we want to cancel the TA. After a brief pause she said she had no idea.  Happy cruising  PS:  to all the bankruptcy talk... RCL stock jumped 6% today. 

2 hours ago, puckzig said:

Royal is not going to cancel many/any cruises. They will only cancel if they literally cannot dock at the departure port. They are losing money and corporations are designed to do ANYTHING to stay in business not do the "right" thing.

https://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1435/royal-caribbean-announces-voluntary-suspension-of-cruising/

4 hours ago, puckzig said:

I guess you're wrong!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, luisc25 said:

Thank you all for the feedback! 

luisc25...your question was answered this afternoon...RCCL just cancelled our April sailing.

Offered full refund or 125% FCC for future sailing.  (We just have to cancel our hotel and airfare...more time will be spent on the phone tomorrow...sigh.)

22 hours ago, kernow said:

In Europe they would be breaking the law if they refuse a refund on a cancelled cruise, don't know if it is different in the US. 

They gave full refunds for the cancelled Quantum cruises to everyone.

Does any UK Cruiser know if we are covered under ABTA if Royal Caribbean were to go bankrupt and could not refund. Our final payment for June cruise is coming up and would hate to lose the money

Edited by sgmn

11 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Does any UK Cruiser know if we are covered under ABTA if Royal Caribbean were to go bankrupt and could not refund. Our final payment for June cruise is coming up and would hate to lose the money

Yes, they are members of ABTA. see page 38/39 of the following link. I assume you would get refunded the same way people did with Thomas Cook. Also I would think you could get it back if you pay by credit card.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/countries/GBR/pdf/terms-and-conditions/UK-Book-TC-Feb-2019.pdf

• Thanks 1