Denied boarding - no hotel etc will Celebrity help?

UniPac

Hi all!

I just read the mail telling me that everyone from Europe will be denied boarding. We are supposed to board Equinox tomorrow. So no hotel, car etc for us ans currently onboard a cruise that will arrive in Miami tomorrow. 
No other message on Celebrity‘s side, just the global notice.

What should we do? Show up at the port and ask for help? Will they just turn us away without anything? Our flights are booked independently.

While I can (partly) understand the ban, I feel left alone so much. It is so close to our cruise and all we get is notice who will be denied boarding without further instruction. 

Thanks for any response on what we should do.

I highly doubt Celebrity will do anything besides give you the refund for the cruise. Since you have internet access, I would recommend making alternative travel arrangements now with your travel provider instead of researching on this board.

Are you able to contact one of the 2 phone numbers in the letter from Celebrity?  
They should be able to clarify the effective date for those from Europe  being  denied boarding which may,or may not, be the same March 16th date that is the effective date for 70+. Doctor form requirement.

You may want to check hotel availability on-line and have some hotels & phone numbers lined up in case you are unable to board.  Although this is normally a busy time for hotels in Florida sporting events, concerts, conferences are being cancelled as well as people cancelling cruises so finding a hotel may not be too difficult.  Good luck

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Are you able to contact one of the 2 phone numbers in the letter from Celebrity?  
They should be able to clarify the effective date for those from Europe  being  denied boarding which may,or may not, be the same March 16th date that is the effective date for 70+. Doctor form requirement.

You may want to check hotel availability on-line and have some hotels & phone numbers lined up in case you are unable to board.  Although this is normally a busy time for hotels in Florida sporting events, concerts, conferences are being cancelled as well as people cancelling cruises so finding a hotel may not be too difficult.  Good luck

Suggest you go to Celebrity website. The ban on people from Europe goes into effect Monday 16 March. Should board just fine in this crazy situation.

I can’t provide much help other than tell you hotels in Fort Lauderdale and Miami are plentiful and much less expensive than they traditionally would be this time of year. You should not have an issue finding a place to stay if you need a day or two to reorganize if you can’t go on your next cruise. 

• Like 1

I think you will be fine. It hasn't come into place yet.  It is also based around the ban on flights to the USA from Europe. 

I would go and let them deny you. I wouldn't just not turn up. 

3 minutes ago, az_tchr said:

Suggest you go to Celebrity website. The ban on people from Europe goes into effect Monday 16 March. Should board just fine in this crazy situation.

I did before I posted.  The letter states “Therefore, effective Monday March 16th boarding will be denied to any person age 70 or older, at the time of embarkation unless they guest provides written verification from a qualified treating physician......

it is 3 paragraphs later that the restriction on travelers from to through other countries is outlined.  

So while it may  be that March 16th is the effective date for all new restriction in the letter it isn’t clearly written.

Hopefully you can board, but if you can’t, remember you are in a world class city with great weather.  If you can’t board and can’t or don’t want to change return flights,  you can still have a great by-the-sea vacation and enjoy some amazing Cuban food.  And as stated, the prices that I’ve checked (I’m a Hilton groupie), Hilton Downtown, Hilton Garden Inn at Dolphin Mall, are like half their usual price so I’m sure you’ll find many great deals under all brands.  

Good luck and stay healthy.  

J

Hello and greetings, so sorry to hear regarding your situation. In my humble opinion I would go to an officer on board and request information, advise and help straight away. You are already on board one of their ships - they should help you and I would find it highly disappointing if they cannot help you resolve this. Sincerely hoping for a good outcome for you. Please keep us posted. Grusse aus Kannada. Hoffe ihr bekommt Hilfe.

• Like 1