Where will all the ships dock???

teach/2/cruise

1 hour ago, IrieBajan54 said:

Bliss in NYC

Anthem of the Seas came back to Cape Liberty this morning also.  Gem is on her way back to NYC, scheduled ETA is around 5 to 6 am tomorrow morning, to disembark her passengers and to also prepare for next 30+ days with crews & ship's officers only.  I imagine that they must be loading up special provisioning and supplies to remain self-sufficient for an extended cruise-to-nowhere. 

Maybe NY port officials/USCG will allow them to relocate/move to offshore Staten Island/Brooklyn waters to ride things out safely ... one form of isolation & quarantine for their own safety/protection.  

Perhaps, they can even spoil them by treating them nicely - spread the crew out a bit for those without a solo cabin, live in relative comfort in those oceanviews & insides for the next 29+ days, until such time they need to revert & resume somewhat normal operations - while carrying out assigned cleaning, maintenance & training, etc. to prepare for the months ahead.  Wishful thinking, I know. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Anthem of the Seas came back to Cape Liberty this morning also.  Gem is on her way back to NYC, scheduled ETA is around 5 to 6 am tomorrow morning, to disembark her passengers and to also prepare for next 30+ days with crews & ship's officers only.  I imagine that they must be loading up special provisioning and supplies to remain self-sufficient for an extended cruise-to-nowhere. 

Maybe NY port officials/USCG will allow them to relocate/move to offshore Staten Island/Brooklyn waters to ride things out safely ... one form of isolation & quarantine for their own safety/protection.  

Perhaps, they can even spoil them by treating them nicely - spread the crew out a bit for those without a solo cabin, live in relative comfort in those oceanviews & insides for the next 29+ days, until such time they need to revert & resume somewhat normal operations - while carrying out assigned cleaning, maintenance & training, etc. to prepare for the months ahead.  Wishful thinking, I know. 

that would be great wouldn't it.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

They surely can't all dock at the cruise terminal.  Will they be at commercial docks?  I see on Marinetraffic that Ecstasy is already there, and NCL Sky heading that way...EM

You are correct.

One ship will be docked at the Blount Island terminal which handles container ships and/or car carrier ships.

One ship will be docked at the relatively new Dames point Terminal which normally handles container ships.  The third additional ship will be docked at Tallyrand which historically handles bulk cargo.

The existing Carnival ship (Esctasy)will dock at its normal embarkation/disembarkation terminal

Don't know if they will stay their for the entire 30 days or will periodically head out to sea.

Edited by gatour

1 hour ago, mking8288 said:

Stapleton anchorage off Staten Island has a 48 hour limitation on anchoring, and the Gravesend anchorage off Brooklyn is now 96 hours, I believe.  There are general anchorage areas near the Ambrose light, off Sandy Hook that are not time limited.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, gatour said:

Don't know if they will stay their for the entire 30 days or will periodically head out to sea.

If they're docked, they won't need to go out, they can get water, etc, at the dock.  If they are docked at places like Blount Island, they may need to move if there is demand by container ships using the pier, so they would go outside, maybe anchor, maybe stooge around.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

Stapleton anchorage off Staten Island has a 48 hour limitation on anchoring ... 

Thanks, chief for that educated/informed "guess" and it is spot on.  Just checked MarineTraffic, showing her anchored there for now.  Our HQ then was near the Brooklyn Army Terminal and from one of our satellite facilities near the VZB, we watched ships coming & going ... been a while.  

For others curious, AOS is sailing south around 9 knots, due to arrive at Cococay on 3/20.   Norwegian Gem now on AIS in-bound, passing near Toms River, NJ ... looking good for an early arrival into NY. 

I don't know if some of the crew members (NCL or other lines for that matter) might subscribe to any US cellular/data plans or just stick with their options onboard & use shore-only WiFi on their time-off ... perhaps, might be useful to pass along the info to them.  Comcast is making their WiFi hotspot available free for 60 days and T-Mo USA is lifting broadband data caps, uncapping 4G/LTE access to users not on "unlimited" plans as those are throttled after exceeding.  It might be helpful to some of them in keeping in touch w. families & closed ones back home.  

https://www.theverge.com/2020/3/13/21179330/comcast-t-mobile-coronavirus-data-caps-hotspots-fcc?fbclid=IwAR0_-2yOApHDeTl0Xj4FyIDJP8NwXDvG2YKR4DFdu7f8qyGWHZJUYjDNwKY

I believe this is the Bliss.  It's outside my work window just hanging around all day. I'm in Staten Island and it is to the left of the VZ bridge going towards the city but it's been just sitting here all day.

Bliss.jpg

Edited by js
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, js said:

I believe this is the Bliss.  It's outside my work window just hanging around all day. I'm in Staten Island and it is to the left of the VZ bridge going towards the city but it's been just sitting here all day.

That's Stapleton anchorage, and they can only stay there 48 hours, unless the CG gives them an exemption.  Depends on how much traffic there is there.

NCL SHIP Locations 3/16

Norwegian Bliss         New York Harbor

Norwegian Breakaway     Port Canaveral

Norwegian Dawn          Tampa

Norwegian Encore        Port  of Miami

Norwegian Epic          At Sea

Norwegian Escape        Port of Nassau

Norwegian Gem           New York Port

Norwegian Getaway       New Orleans

Norwegian Jade          Dubai

Norwegian Jewel         At Sea

Norwegian Joy           Los Angeles

Norwegian Pearl         At Sea

Norwegian Sky           Jacksonville

Norwegian Spirit        Cape Town?????

Norwegian Star          At Sea

Norwegian Sun           Port Canaveral

Pride of America        Honolulu

Please report any errors or discrepancies. Ship locations are 12 Noon EST

Edited by P_Mcruisers

1 hour ago, P_Mcruisers said:

NCL SHIP Locations 3/16

Norwegian Epic          At Sea - heading to Port Canaveral

Norwegian Jewel         At Sea - now close to Pago Pago, American Samoa - for refuel

Norwegian Spirit        Cape Town????? Not yet - they are heading there at 23 knots- 2 more days

9 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Latest AIS filed for the Bliss, she's scheduled to sail South to Norfolk, VA arriving 3/19, not going to Bermuda as heard earlier.

Screenshot_20200317-165312.png

Assuming it was ever really heading to Bermuda I would guess that was nixed by the Bermudian authorities once the issue of a Covid-19 case having apparently been recently on board the ship was made known.

Bliss on her way, sailing under VZ Bridge. Let's hope the crew stay healthy and wasn't ...  ride this pandemic virus outbreak safely and work toward a recovery.

NYC will likely be hearing about a shelter-in-place order within next 48 hours, pending governor's approval for a coordinated approach with surrounding counties in the tri-state/downstate region.  Essential & emergency travel will be permitted.  Everyone should be prepared by now, stay safe & healthy and maintain social distancing, etc. 

Screenshot_20200317-172837.png

Screenshot_20200317-172856.png

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 1

On 3/16/2020 at 3:52 PM, P_Mcruisers said:

NCL SHIP Locations 3/16

Breakaway left Port Canaveral.. Believe it's going to Nassau

On 3/13/2020 at 5:36 PM, Love my butler said:

NCL won't be doing Alaska this year til July at the earliest.  Canada has closed ALL ports until July.  NCL had 4 ships scheduled into Alaska this summer.  First time they ever had that many.  Oh well.

My cruise on the Joy, if I get to go begins in Seattle on June 27th but doesn't arrive in Victoria until July 3rd.  Do you think this sailing will be cancelled??

On 3/17/2020 at 6:52 AM, P_Mcruisers said:

NCL SHIP Locations 3/16

Jewel now on her way from Pago Pago to Honolulu (due to arrive 22 March I believe)

Joy left LA on 16th and is shown heading to Puerto Vallarta - any ideas why?

Hawaii officials say passengers and crew must remain on 2 cruise ships heading to Honolulu Harbor

“Neither ship (HAL Maasdam and Jewel) had originally planned to make Hawaii its final port and both will carry on to mainland destinations, where more resources can be marshalled to handle the passengers and crew properly.”

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2020/03/18/breaking-news/hawaii-officials-say-passengers-and-crew-must-remain-on-2-cruise-ships-heading-to-honolulu-harbor/