Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

1 hour ago, trvlwrld said:

April 4 sail date on Ruby.....nothing!!!       

promises, promises....refunding in order of sail date - really???

Those of us that were paid in full and owed $10K or more have likely been moved to the back of the line

I thought about the same. 

Princess DOES NOT WANT TO LET LOOSE for those that were paid in full and with $$$$$.  Some of our CC members on the same sailing June 13 already received their refund last week (they cancelled before the due date).  

At first Princess said they had too much work to do then they will work on sailing date - serious.  What will be their new excuse now?.  We called them on 90 days and they told us to call back in 3 or 4 more weeks.  

We are going to be in 100 club before long.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ChattTenn said:

I thought about the same. 

Princess DOES NOT WANT TO LET LOOSE for those that were paid in full and with $$$$$.  Some of our CC members on the same sailing June 13 already received their refund last week (they cancelled before the due date).  

At first Princess said they had too much work to do then they will work on sailing date - serious.  What will be their new excuse now?.  We called them on 90 days and they told us to call back in 3 or 4 more weeks.  

We are going to be in 100 club before long.

We were on the June 13 Alaska. I had 5 cabins. Tomorrow is 90 days. I filed a complaint with the CA BBB today

27 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

We just received our Internet and drinks package monies back today 6/30 after 101 Dalmatians, I mean days

Still waiting on excursions to be refunded and our cruise fare 🤬

Canceled on March 29th

Can I ask what date the transaction was when it posted to your account? Princess told me mine was processed June 23rd, but no sign on my credit card yet. Wondering if it is really taking that long or if that was just another false statement to get me off the phone....

On 6/29/2020 at 10:57 AM, CJinSF said:

I mentioned here a while back that I was interviewed by CNN for a story about cruise refunds. A bit later, I was also interviewed by USA Today. Both articles were published today:

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/cruise-refund-cancellation-coronavirus/index.html

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2020/06/29/cruise-passengers-have-been-waiting-months-refunds-canceled-trips/3202473001/

FYI, Princess claimed to both reporters that we had been kept informed by email and "sent" a "letter." Never once in the past 100 days have I been sent an email or letter by Princess regarding refunds, except as an auto-reply in response to my requests. Everyone else on my voyage reports the same. Their June 22 "letter" was posted on Facebook and their site, but not sent to any of us. I'm very much looking forward to seeing if their other claim -- that I will be receiving my refund 5-7 business days from June 19 -- turns out to be true.

It appears that today would be 7 business days...Any news

27 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Can I ask what date the transaction was when it posted to your account? Princess told me mine was processed June 23rd, but no sign on my credit card yet. Wondering if it is really taking that long or if that was just another false statement to get me off the phone....

Transaction date was 6/25 processed overnight on 6/28, in account 6/29

To add we had no communication from PCL to even now it was being processed

Edited by PompeySailor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, tpbrownec said:

It appears that today would be 7 business days...Any news

It appears that the PR rep who talked to the reporters was not telling the truth. What a surprise! In a later development, Princess informed me that while my refund was "processed" on June 19, it wasn't released by Princess until June 26. So I should wait ANOTHER 5-7 business days before I'll see it on my credit card...

We were booked on Alaska cruise tour on the Grand departing Vancouver on 14th August, we cancelled on 24th March (our decision) before Princess cancelled this cruise, it took 90 days to get our money back and we are convinced we would be in the 100+ club had we not been a bloody nuisance and not insisted to speak to management, in the end we spoke to a real person who had the authority to make a diffrence. Our advice is do the same and dont accept fob offs. We are in the UK and dealt with Princess in Southampton, our faith in them has now been somewhat restored but having said that the current refund situation is inexcusable, they are having a terrible time and people are loosing their livelihoods there. In future we will be keeping hold of our money until the last possible day, we have set up a holiday savings account instead of paying money to cruise companies in future.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CJinSF said:

It appears that the PR rep who talked to the reporters was not telling the truth. What a surprise! In a later development, Princess informed me that while my refund was "processed" on June 19, it wasn't released by Princess until June 26. So I should wait ANOTHER 5-7 business days before I'll see it on my credit card...

Surprise, surprise.  Sorry CJ

5 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

They told me June 24th but ‘could not tell me the amount’. I’ll repost if and when it shows up on the credit card. 🧐

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, hpeabody said:

Surprise, surprise.  Sorry CJ

Thanks for the sympathy, Holly! Here's the "later development" I referred to earlier. It appears that all you need to do to get Princess to take action on your refunds is get interviewed by CNN, USA Today, and file a complaint with the Federal Maritime Commission. 🤣 I've been working on those angles for some time, and they all coalesced yesterday, when CNN and USA Today published their stories, and the FMC forwarded me the Princess response to my complaint.

Late yesterday, I received a phone call from a rep at the Princess Executive Office. Anyone who has been on this board for a while knows how unusual THAT is. She walked through each one of the 3 refunds I am due, told me when it had been processed, the exact amount, and when and how I should expect to receive it. Lest you think it was coincidence that my refunds had all been processed recently, the date when my cruise fare refund was released by Princess was the same date CNN contacted Princess for comment and also the same day the response from Princess to my FMC complaint was issued. And, my airfare reimbursement wasn't processed until the day the CNN and USA Today articles came out. The rep who called me said she approved it herself. That's a little too much coincidence for me, after waiting 101 days for something to happen. 😁

So... if anyone else wants to light a fire under Princess, I can't promise you'll be able to land a media story, but you CAN file a complaint with the FMC, which is currently investigating cruise refunds to see if they need to implement new requirements about them. Here's the info about how you file: https://www.fmc.gov/commission-advisory-for-cruise-passengers-june-17-2020/ The FMC replied with an email asking me to fill out a form, so you don't have to put too much detail in the initial email.

Good luck, everyone. I'll post again when I actually receive any of the promised refunds.

• Like 5

So I just noticed a different post talking about this and it got me wondering-- what are the FCCs listed as? I only have one listed as 'Used For Goodwill Fccs', but there appears to be some discussion as to what the compensation ones are labelled as.

Running total:

4/8 refunds, 1/8 FCC, 0/1 reimbursement, 0/1 EasyAir

2 hours ago, CJinSF said:

Thanks for the sympathy, Holly! Here's the "later development" I referred to earlier. It appears that all you need to do to get Princess to take action on your refunds is get interviewed by CNN, USA Today, and file a complaint with the Federal Maritime Commission. 🤣 I've been working on those angles for some time, and they all coalesced yesterday, when CNN and USA Today published their stories, and the FMC forwarded me the Princess response to my complaint.

Late yesterday, I received a phone call from a rep at the Princess Executive Office. Anyone who has been on this board for a while knows how unusual THAT is. She walked through each one of the 3 refunds I am due, told me when it had been processed, the exact amount, and when and how I should expect to receive it. Lest you think it was coincidence that my refunds had all been processed recently, the date when my cruise fare refund was released by Princess was the same date CNN contacted Princess for comment and also the same day the response from Princess to my FMC complaint was issued. And, my airfare reimbursement wasn't processed until the day the CNN and USA Today articles came out. The rep who called me said she approved it herself. That's a little too much coincidence for me, after waiting 101 days for something to happen. 😁

Wow! Congrats!

On day 105 (today) , we received the last outstanding refund due for our five 2020 cruises that were cancelled.  The last refund was for the 6 June cruise (paid in full) we cancelled on 18 Mar. We Didn't do any interviews, file a dispute with  the CC, submit a complaint to the FMC and  only called Princess once which was today.  The  Princess Rep checked  our 6 June booking and told me Princess had   processed the paperwork  on 24 June  to go back on our credit card and it should be posted to our Barclay CC in 5 - 7 business days.  On business day 5 at 10pm it was posted on my CC account.  Every dollar we had spent on the five cruises has now been refunded to our CC or processed as a FCC.  We have only received the bonus FCC for one cruise, but the others should post eventually.  Will not stress over those.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pleasant surprise:

We were on the World Cruise and left LA on Jan 20.  Cruise cancelled in early March, only 6 weeks into a 16 week cruise.  Disembarked on March 21. We were promised that FCCs and Refunds would be retroactive to March 1.  So I figured we would get about 64% of our fare.  We opted for Option 2, so that would be the same for both FCCs and for actual cash.  The FCCs showed up about 10 days ago for the correct amount - half in my account and half in my partner's account.  Just now I was checking my credit card online and I saw that I have receive 2 credits each equal to the individual FCC.  That's over $30K each!  

That's the big amount.  Now to see about by onboard Folio which has a balance owed me of about $4K due to cancelled tours and rebated port fees.  Also waiting on claim for expenses related to our unexpected trip home which is "only" a few hundred dollars. I think I'll wait till next week to call about that if it doesn't show up by then.

Looks like 102 days from disembarkation to refund.

BTW, I filed NO complaints with FMC or bank...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Decided to make my second call in 118 days since our first cancellation to Princess Australia. The person was unable to give me a date for our refunds but did say that refund processing had picked up recently. She was able to confirm the amounts for the two cancelled bookings and that they were flagged for a full refund. This was a lot more than my mid May call generated when I was told they knew nothing.

So hopefully there is an end to the refund frustration that we have been experiencing. Whilst we have enjoyed our cruising over the last 20 years the jury is out on whether we will ever do another cruise. Needless to say the cruise lines will have to up their game!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, cherylandtk said:

They told me June 24th but ‘could not tell me the amount’. I’ll repost if and when it shows up on the credit card. 🧐

Over $2000 in prepaid shore excursions posted to my Princess Visa today for my August 2020 cruise from New York City to Greenland.  

Only waiting for my Future Cruise Deposit to be transferred to my 2021 cruise to Greenland.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

FINALLY!

Our August 11th Alaskan cruise from SFO was cancelled around April 14th. We opted for #2 (refund). Luckily for us all we had invested cruise wise was a $200 NR deposit (oh well), balcony breakfast ($45), and shore excursions ($1859). 

This morning all but the $200 NF deposit was credited back to my C/C.

So, I can close the file on this cruise and hope our Jan 8th Caribbean Circle will actually take place.

Hang in folks, it will eventually come.

JK

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Very happy campers.  We cancelled our May 17th two-week Alaska cruise/tour on 03/21.  Just this morning see that we have been refunded in full the amount due in cash and will now wait patiently for the remaining amount to show as FCC.  I believe I am correct when I say the process only took 101 days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Happy to report that our full refund of cruise fare & air have been received (via cheque) this morning for our April 12th Ruby trans-Pacific, cancelled by Princess on 12th March. FCCs were received May 22nd, excursions & on-board pre-purchases received 21st June. No disputes raised. Happy Cruiser! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CC Rider 69 said:

FINALLY!

Our August 11th Alaskan cruise from SFO was cancelled around April 14th. We opted for #2 (refund). Luckily for us all we had invested cruise wise was a $200 NR deposit (oh well), balcony breakfast ($45), and shore excursions ($1859). 

This morning all but the $200 NF deposit was credited back to my C/C.

So, I can close the file on this cruise and hope our Jan 8th Caribbean Circle will actually take place.

Hang in folks, it will eventually come.

JK

Re: NRD $200.  If Princess cancelled the cruise you should get that back. Look in your Personalizer or call and ask if it is in a holding account. 

4 minutes ago, dog said:

Re: NRD $200.  If Princess cancelled the cruise you should get that back. Look in your Personalizer or call and ask if it is in a holding account. 

Will do, thanks

Today I received the full refunds for my August and September cruises which were cancelled in April.  I had paid in full in February and it was a rather large amount so I was a little anxious.  In future I will not be paying in full until just before it is due.  Thankfully the credits were for the full amount and not parceled out in separate refunds, i.e fare or airfare or tours etc.  

I also received a credit for the portion of the Coral Princess that was cancelled mid cruise in March.  I took Option 2 so now I need to see how they will handle the FCC on my account.

So now I am waiting to see what happens with our October 2021 Pacific Princess B2B cruises.  

• Like 2