Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

Finally seeing some movement on our refund on day 104 (we were on Sea Princess on the Around Australia cruise that was terminated in mid-March). Last Saturday we received the form email that a lot of people got informing us that we had been given the higher value all FCCs:

"We don’t currently have a record of your preference, so we’ve gone ahead and credited your My Princess account with the higher value FCC."

This was not at all what we wanted, and we had informed them of our preferences, so we called 1-800-PRINCESS and also wrote a lengthy email with supporting documentation about our choices and our expected refund. Coincidentally, on Monday we got a marketing email from a Princess Cruise Vacation Planner. Not one to miss an opportunity when I see it, I dumped the whole thing on her, and to her credit she read my email and replied that she would forward the email to the appropriate group and keep tabs on it. Don't know if her efforts had anything to do with it or if they finally got to our account, but today the FCCs reflect what we expected them to -- actually a little bit higher. We were told it would be 80% when we got off the ship, and it turned out to be 85%. Still haven't seen any credits hit credit cards yet, but from what I've been reading here that usually lags the FCCs by a few days. Fingers crossed that we'll see it in the next few days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wichard said:

Today I received the full refunds for my August and September cruises which were cancelled in April.  I had paid in full in February and it was a rather large amount so I was a little anxious.  In future I will not be paying in full until just before it is due.  Thankfully the credits were for the full amount and not parceled out in separate refunds, i.e fare or airfare or tours etc.  

I also received a credit for the portion of the Coral Princess that was cancelled mid cruise in March.  I took Option 2 so now I need to see how they will handle the FCC on my account.

So now I am waiting to see what happens with our October 2021 Pacific Princess B2B cruises.  

This blows away my theory that they are refunding deposits but not for those of us who have paid in full.  I am surprised (although wonder if I should be) that your August and September cruises are fully refunded even though those of us who were supposed to sail months before you have not been refunded.  I keep looking for patterns, but my pattern-seeking mind is constantly disappointed.

Here's to hoping that we are all sailing again before October 2021 so you can enjoy your B2B on Pacific Princess!

Princess seems to have released a flood of cash overnight.  My cash refund of cruise days missed appeared on my credit card today.  YAY!!!!!

Pacific Princess World Cruise 2020, 111 days, LA-LA Embarked Jan 20, 2020

Disembarked at Fremantle Australia on March 21, 2020

Still awaiting remaining "refundable" OBC from folio from Bottomline and will initiate appeal for 1 item denied on travel home expenses as I have found that another passenger was reimbursed.

Thinking good thoughts for everyone else who has been waiting that yours comes soon

• Like 2

Update to our story....

We cancelled March 16,two weeks before final payment.

Sail Date July 9. Island Princess
No calls to Princess or cc dispute. (Tho I gave consideration)

Deposit appeared on CC today, so wait was 107 days

Son and family deposits also appeared on CC today.

We are Canadians, I used Cdn CC and son used a US CC.  (I had a lot of time to try and figure out how Princess was processing this) but clearly didn’t make any difference.

Good luck to everyone waiting for their refunds.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2020 at 6:08 PM, nancylc said:

Update on this - I spoke with princess today and they said our refund was issued on Friday, June 26.  So anyone that was sailing on the Ruby princess sailing to Alaska on May 23, 2020, they are now working on that particular cruise refunds.

Second update - Today, July 1 the full refund showed up on our CC.  My brother had booked a room on This cruise as well and also received his refund today.

• Like 2

Island Princess for May 24, 2020 to Jun 9, 2020

Full payment including refundable EZ Air 10 Feb 2020

Cancel via TA with cancelation form over the internet on 10 March 2020 requested credit card refund minus $200.00 deposit into FCC.

Full refund arrived on credit card this morning with a posted date of 26 June.  It wasn't posted to our account until this morning 1 July.

I called our large box store TA every week for months.  Never yelled, never begged.  Last week I got a TA who called Princess and asked for a supervisor and when that person couldn't help she asked for a manager and was refused.  She was rather direct and critical of their process.  I don't know if that helped getting our money back or not.  There is no rhyme or reason to how this all is getting done.  I think they own us all interest for keeping our money so long.  Even a bank pays me to use my money.

As a side note, our traveling companions were able to talk to our travel company on 10 March, their trip was canceled by phone and their money was returned in two weeks with the FCC of $200.00 the following week. 

Now on to the next issue, NCL refund for full amount for canceled cruise 14 June 2020.   

Thanks everyone, it's been a real trip!

• Like 2

Well, day 106 and I might be getting closer.  Princess refunded $79.90 to a credit card have not used with Princess for about four years. 🤷‍♀️

Have no idea what the $79.90 is for; no amounts paid to Princess on any card match that going back two years.  And nothing on the invoice for the cancelled cruise fits either.

Only $7274.55 to go!  Be still my heart.

Edited by cherylandtk
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, cherylandtk said:

Well, day 106 and I might be getting closer.  Princess refunded $79.90 to a credit card have not used with Princess for about four years. 🤷‍♀️

Have no idea what the $79.90 is for; no amounts paid to Princess on any card match that going back two years.  And nothing on the invoice for the cancelled cruise fits either.

Only $7274.55 to go!  Be still my heart.

Today we hit day 106 and got refunded $179.79 (money for excursion, water and soda packages) -- cancelled those in March before Princess cancelled our cruise.  Still waiting for our Option 1 FCC and a $50 gift card refund for our May cruise that was cancelled by Princess in April. Wonder how long I will have to wait for refunds on my August cruise.  Good luck to you.

• Like 1

6/26,  7 days after Princess said the credit was sent to the CC company it showed up on my statement.  Cancelled my "dispute" with Princess on the card, waiting for the account to clear up (about 2 business days usually).  No FFC yet, but was also told that was in process.  So 91 days from the time I cancelled the trip; 2 weeks after I filed a claim again Princess did the CC credit show up. . .now for the FCC. . .stay tuned.

• Like 1

After 102 days, it has finally happened! Three of our credit cards are showing credits from Princess that add up to the amount of cruise fare that we are owed as a refund.

Ship: Pacific Princess

Departure Date: Jan 20, 2020

Cancelled in Transit: Mar 21, 2020

We are still owed the balance of our onboard credit account and airfare/baggage reimbursement. We have already received the promised FCC, equal to the refunded cruise fare.

It looks like Princess released a LOT of refunds on June 26, so keep checking your credit cards.

Thanks for your support, all!

• Like 4

Glad you had CNN's ear!  Good articles btw.  

Good for you!  Hallelujah!

So far we have been reimbursed 2 of 3 cancelled cruises ala cc Disputes.

That was the best way to go for us.  Seems to take dispute about 30 days.

Hoping to be finished with #3 in the next few weeks.

• Like 3

Whoo Hoo!  We received our entire refund yesterday.  Cruise, taxes, pre-paid gratuities and EZ Air.  Took exactly 8 weeks.  So relieved!  It does seem like things are moving much quicker now.  Good luck everyone!

This was for the July 15th REGAL Princess British Isles cruise.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CJinSF said:

After 102 days, it has finally happened! Three of our credit cards are showing credits from Princess that add up to the amount of cruise fare that we are owed as a refund.

Ship: Pacific Princess

Departure Date: Jan 20, 2020

Cancelled in Transit: Mar 21, 2020

We are still owed the balance of our onboard credit account and airfare/baggage reimbursement. We have already received the promised FCC, equal to the refunded cruise fare.

It looks like Princess released a LOT of refunds on June 26, so keep checking your credit cards.

Thanks for your support, all!

Moral of the story - don't dispute the charges, just contact CNN and USA Today. Congrats!

Edited by Coral
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pea said:

Whoo Hoo!  We received our entire refund yesterday.  Cruise, taxes, pre-paid gratuities and EZ Air.  Took exactly 8 weeks.  So relieved!  It does seem like things are moving much quicker now.  Good luck everyone!

This was for the July 15th REGAL Princess British Isles cruise.  

We cancelled that cruise too so gives some hope that our refund may be soon but Princess do seem to have problems with communications to Australia and FX rates it would seem. Our 12th May cancelled cruise is still in limbo (wait time now 119 days and disembarkation date was today) and our third cancelled cruise is still "officially" leaving Sydney on Sep 18th.

Now who believes Princess are processing cruise refunds in sailing departure date order?

• Like 2

They are definitely plowing through more refunds.  I got a whopping $7.08 refunded to my credit card today for a 12 pack of water I purchased for our October 15th cruise that was in the last batch of cancellations.  We only have FCDs on that one so I'm not overly concerned about the timing on the double FCCs for that.  Contrast that with our friends who are still awaiting EZair and port fee refunds for a cancelled pause 1 cruise.  And I continue to scratch my head....

• Like 2

I just realized that my refunds for spa and shore excursions for my June 12 Star to Alaska have posted in my credit card.  For the record, I cancelled those a day or two before the cruise was cancelled by Princes, knowing that the cruise would be cancelled.  No indication of FCCs or refunds for taxes and port fees or gratuities.  But I am in no hurry.

• Like 1

I am looking to book a cruise in Oct 2021 with Princess. I got a email confirmation today which included this "The fare you have booked is a promotional fare and is valid for new bookings only and not combinable with any
other offer. Fares are 100% non-refundable and non-transferable. Please ensure you have travel insurance
before paying your deposit."

And the full fare is payable 10 months before the cruise.

This seems ridiculous to me.

Any body else had similar experience?

Hello everyone,

I read first and last page of this forum, and found only comments on Princess cruises, are there also post for other lines, I canceled a Costa cruise on March 15th, 107 days now and no signals, no news of my refund. United Cruises travel agent only help was to charge a $ 100 fee to process the cancelation.

46 minutes ago, fice said:

Hello everyone,

I read first and last page of this forum, and found only comments on Princess cruises, are there also post for other lines, I canceled a Costa cruise on March 15th, 107 days now and no signals, no news of my refund. United Cruises travel agent only help was to charge a $ 100 fee to process the cancelation.

This is the Princess forum, try searching on Costa's. Good luck.

9 hours ago, CJinSF said:

It seems there are two important steps.

a) Process the booking refunds

b) Release the money from the processing. This step seems to happen on a Friday.