Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

2 hours ago, packy04 said:

I am looking to book a cruise in Oct 2021 with Princess. I got a email confirmation today which included this "The fare you have booked is a promotional fare and is valid for new bookings only and not combinable with any
other offer. Fares are 100% non-refundable and non-transferable. Please ensure you have travel insurance
before paying your deposit."

And the full fare is payable 10 months before the cruise.

This seems ridiculous to me.

Any body else had similar experience?

Since this is off the topic of refunds from cancelled cruises, you may want to start a new thread with this question.

(It does seem ridiculous to me. What kind of promotion was it?))

• Like 1

Received several credits to my credit card yesterday. I have to work through my list, but it looks like they were all refunds of prepaid onboard expenses (excursions, specialty, dining, spa, etc). That I had cancelled in March BEFORE Princess cancelled the cruise in April. So it’s something, but doesn’t look like a refund of the actual cruise fare yet. Cruise was scheduled for May 27. 

• Like 2

On 6/20/2020 at 2:16 PM, Squire5000 said:

Just received a credit on my AMEX for excursions booked for the Enchanted Princess 7/11/20.  Still awaiting cruise deposit and specialty dining credit.  Canceled cruise on 3/27/20

Received our cruise deposit for the Enchanted Princess, 7/11/20,  on 6/26/20.  Only thing outstanding is specialty dining.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, caribill said:

How long did it take to get the NCL refund?

Still waiting.  It's been 55 days so far and the travel agent said to call back in Sept if I hadn't heard anything.  lol

Princess canceled our September 21 European Capitals Cruise on May 6th.

We opted for return of the money paid. I have $12,750 on deposit and have not yet received anything back

21 hours ago, cherylandtk said:

Well, day 106 and I might be getting closer.  Princess refunded $79.90 to a credit card have not used with Princess for about four years. 🤷‍♀️

Have no idea what the $79.90 is for; no amounts paid to Princess on any card match that going back two years.  And nothing on the invoice for the cancelled cruise fits either.

Only $7274.55 to go!  Be still my heart.

I can hardly believe it, but an additional $6816.16** is showing on my credit card this morning. Only $458.39 to go. I am so relieved 😌.  107 days.

**At least I think it’s there.  The running balance shows a difference of that amount since yesterday morning.  It happens that my billing cycle ended on the 29th.  The statement dated the 29th does not show the transaction, but when I look at the transaction list, this amount shows up with a post date of 6/26.  But it’s not on the bill which covers that period...the transaction dated 6/26 did not appear until this morning, 7/2.  I have screen shots, and I won’t close the dispute until the bank confirms the credit on a statement. 😉

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, gvre said:

We opted for return of the money paid. I have $12,750 on deposit and have not yet received anything back

I won’t tell you to be patient because that is just so aggravating to hear; you are going on 2 months of being patient.   It’s a lot of your money they are using.  

Based on the timing so far and when you cancelled, I would hope you see your refund between day 60 and 90 after cancelling, but it could be much later.  The longest refund I have seen so far is 111 days, but there are a couple of FB posts stating they are at 4 months and waiting.  Your refund should be straightforward.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Italy52 said:

Today we hit day 106 and got refunded $179.79 (money for excursion, water and soda packages) -- cancelled those in March before Princess cancelled our cruise.  Still waiting for our Option 1 FCC and a $50 gift card refund for our May cruise that was cancelled by Princess in April. Wonder how long I will have to wait for refunds on my August cruise.  Good luck to you.

Hoping that my timing works the same for you...and that you get the bulk of your refund in a day or two.

Edited by cherylandtk

12 minutes ago, gvre said:

Our August 20th cruise on Regal was also cancelled May 6th. We just received our deposit back this morning. Hang in there! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, caribill said:

It seems there are two important steps.

a) Process the booking refunds

b) Release the money from the processing. This step seems to happen on a Friday.

I agree this is the process.

33 minutes ago, Coral said:

I agree this is the process.

Thanks for that Coral - LOL

I note it didnt say which Friday!!

Our refund was calculated and processed weeks ago.

Have had expenses  and FFCs but no fare refund.

As it seems people are now getting refunds for July

and August  I have emailed PCUK again today.

Accidentally  😲   sent it to PCUS  .com instead of UK. COM

so it will be interesting to see who replies.

Edited by Aulanis

Island Princess to Europe 24May2020, 16 day cruise.

We have been waiting over 119 days for repayment.

ARGH!!  Talked to Princess today and they acknowledge that monies have not been returned and not any person apparently knows what the hold up is, or what can be done.  In the mean time they are using our money, interest free.

I am starting to believe that Princess hopes that Covid gets us, so they don't ever have to pay.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, caribill said:

It seems there are two important steps.

a) Process the booking refunds

b) Release the money from the processing. This step seems to happen on a Friday.

What I learned was that if a Princess rep says your cruise fare refund has been "processed," all it means is that Step A has been completed. You need to ask "when will it be released" to get an idea when you will see it. For my cruise fare refund, it was processed on the 19th and not released until the 26th. As far as I can tell from other experiences I've seen, though, you can't count on just a one week gap. At times, refunds have been processed and then not released for two weeks or possibly more.

1 hour ago, CJinSF said:

What I learned was that if a Princess rep says your cruise fare refund has been "processed," all it means is that Step A has been completed. You need to ask "when will it be released" to get an idea when you will see it. For my cruise fare refund, it was processed on the 19th and not released until the 26th. As far as I can tell from other experiences I've seen, though, you can't count on just a one week gap. At times, refunds have been processed and then not released for two weeks or possibly more.

In the beginning I was thinking it was every other Friday. Not sure currently if that is still true. I was given a process date and then 12 days later I was told it was released (and it was a Friday).

I cancelled on March 7th for a May 12th sailing... so I guess I am near 116 days???

I have had 2 refunds of $200 for deposits put down in Jan. for BSE sailings for 2021 & 2022 sailings that I cancelled in May.

Nothing for the cancelled cruise.  I filed with my credit card (BofA) in late March & was notified on May 2 that I had received provisional credit for my final payment which was the majority of the cost, less an FCD.  It will hopefully become "final" tomorrow.  After that, I am also going to sever that bank relationship as well, as they are pretty awful too.

IF we ever sail again - and that is a BIG if - it will likely be on somebody like Regent or Seabourn, etc....  we are done with mass-market cruises forever.   I wish all of you the very best of luck in getting your refunds.  This is an awful situation compounded by greed and avarice and forever tarnishes the memories that a lot of us have of our cruise vacations.  

• Like 4

We are STILL  waiting for the deposit back ??? I have asked TA and all he says is that he has talked to Princess. Why would they refund everything BUT the deposit??? Yes, I am  happy to get the bulk back but to book any other cruise, I want all our money back. We opted for Option 2, total refund.....our cruise was for April 25....it is now July.  Guess I wont be sailing again any time soon, especially with Princess. To all those out there that have FCC....good luck. They know they expire and Princess is hoping to not have people actually use the FCC.

• Like 2

Super excited yesterday to discover that the excursions for my Alaska cruise (due to sail May 2nd)  were refunded to my credit card on July 1st.  Still no FCC (I cancelled on 9 March so it was at the 25% point) and my TA hasn't received any news about the $8000 for the cruise itself but still, I was super excited!  Proof that they are finally up to my cruise!  I was just on the verge of wondering if maybe I had been lost in the system.  I was originally booked on the Diamond Princess for a Japan cruise leaving April 1st which was cancelled (which is why I booked Alaska, using the FCC they gave me for Japan) and that was all refunded in mid April, so this one has taken a lot longer.  But yay, slowly getting there it seems.

• Like 1

Advised today that my refund has been received by my TA. Deposit paid NZ$3324. Full refund with TA being transferred to my bank account now.

Cruise was cancelled by myself on 25th March and later cancelled by Princess. 100 days total wait time for refund.

Regal Princess sailing from Southampton on 7th October to Sydney.

For those keeping track this is a Friday here in New Zealand.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Te Aroha said:

Cruise was cancelled by myself on 25th March and later cancelled by Princess. 100 days total wait time for refund.

Regal Princess sailing from Southampton on 7th October to Sydney.

For those keeping track this is a Friday here in New Zealand.

Well done 🙂 You have been lucky to get that already,  there are many still waiting for refunds on March Cruises -   and they still maintain they are making refunds by sail date?

Edited by Aulanis