If we transferred our May cruise to July?

Tikka234

We’ve just moved our sept cruise to next year.  After thought we decided that if we moved it now we would have a greater choice of cruises, cabins etc. 

If the virus has subsided by sept then we might see if we can get a late deal! 

Either way the decision took a weight off.

• Like 2

Not doing anything yet, we have one booked for next year. Will make a decision next month. Was being optimistic for July have also looked at Sept/oct. Would only book nearer the date o r will have to be next year. was all looking forward to it but there's more important things

than holidays.

I still think there will be a problem in July so not worth taking the risk. We are on Oceana in August and can't see it happening.

We are booked on Azura next April and who knows how that will go ….. difficult times.

Certainly is

Latest expert thinking seems to be pointing to a resurgence of the virus in November.  I wonder if we will have been released from house arrest in the interim?

Stay safe everyone.  Do what you need to do.  Think nice thoughts about cruising some time in the future but don’t pin your hopes on specific dates

• 4 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, darknightsdespiser said:

I have moved our Norway one from June to late August; do people think this will not even happen now? The thought of 18 months without a break is tipping me over the edge....

I'd wait to see what the experts say rather than the varying opinions of a forum. If you listen to some on here you'll think that we'll be locked up for the next 10 years. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

I'd wait to see what the experts say rather than the varying opinions of a forum. If you listen to some on here you'll think that we'll be locked up for the next 10 years. 

I don't think even the "experts"  have an answer to the timings. The key decisions will revolve around the wisdom of cooping up 3000+ pax (plus staff) on a cruise ship, if the virus is still active, plus, of course, will Norway allow any cruise ships to dock?

My view is that trying to second guess the future is impossible - you just have to wait and see what happens.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I don't think even the "experts"  have an answer to the timings. The key decisions will revolve around the wisdom of cooping up 3000+ pax (plus staff) on a cruise ship, if the virus is still active, plus, of course, will Norway allow any cruise ships to dock?

My view is that trying to second guess the future is impossible - you just have to wait and see what happens.

Totally agree. I don't think anyone has the answer at the moment. I do think they'll want things to get back to some sort of normality sooner rather than later, but quite how they do that is the big question. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/15/2020 at 5:48 PM, Tikka234 said:

Were due to sale on May 9th Med cruise on Brittania, if we moved it to July would we still be covered by the New cancellation terms as its before end August?

Thanks

We are due to cruise In July I dont think that will happen Nor will our Oct/Nov We have February Next year from Miami but even for that we have not yet booked flights, Im not even confident that by Next year we will be back to normal but what concerns me also is Travel insurance , At the moment Over 70's and those with health conditions are not to cruise Ive no idea when this will be lifted and even though we have annual travel insurance Nothing we booked after March 17th is covered while we still have a Pandemic , even moving a cruise will not be covered as its classed as a new booking . So All we are doing is basically waiting for our cruises to be cancelled one by one and we are not re booking or moving . We are currently waiting for P&O to cancel May 28th from Malta Jet 2 have cancelled the flights but waiting for P&O confirmation 

Does anyone know if we move our April cruise (now cancelled but someone forgot to tell the communications department not to send out the brochure with tickets in etc that we got yesterday 😞)

to August and then that one is cancelled do we sill get the 125% fcc to put towards another cruise?

Thanks

Cathy

8 minutes ago, Cathygh said:

Does anyone know if we move our April cruise (now cancelled but someone forgot to tell the communications department not to send out the brochure with tickets in etc that we got yesterday 😞)

to August and then that one is cancelled do we sill get the 125% fcc to put towards another cruise?

Thanks

Cathy

Yes, I would assume so. Personally, I'd move it August next year,  rather than this year.  

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

Yes, I would assume so. Personally, I'd move it August next year,  rather than this year.  

Thanks, I did think about that but.... as all my travel plans for this year will now go into 2021. I was hoping to cruise around Japan in August 21 - and P&O don't go there. I have lots of ideas for travel but P&O aren't going to any of them when I am able to go. I am thinking that a refund might be the best option for us now

Cathy

I rang P and O yesterday to cancel our November cruise, but I wanted the money I paid to stay has a credit, because We already have a couple of cruises for next year booked.

They said " We could only do this if we found another cruise for next year, because they were hopeful from September the cruises would be operating as normal"

So at the moment our November cruise, is still on.

Hope everyone is ok, and staying safe

Bob

• Like 1

14 hours ago, darknightsdespiser said:

I have moved our Norway one from June to late August; do people think this will not even happen now? The thought of 18 months without a break is tipping me over the edge....

Should be ok. We are booked on Iona at the end of August and will probably add a few days in the New Forest first. July may be a little premature. You may be sitting on the quay at Southampton wondering where the flipping ship is.

We are due to cruise end July but have so far only paid the deposit. The full amount is  due for payment in a couple of weeks. We, like many others, received an e-mail with the offer of additional OBC as long as we didn’t cancel the booking.  

Our dilemma is, do we pay the full amount next week for a cruise that may not happen in July or just move the booking and deposit to one next year? I assume if we move the cruise and deposit we lose the very generous OBC?? 

Is anyone else in a similar situation?

• Like 1

For those of you that have put your FCC towards a new booking (direct with PandO):

Check your outstanding balance on the PandO site.

I checked ours today.

It said:

Amount paid: £0

Balance due: £15

Total price: £293

The £293 is actually the balance due.

It'll all come out in the wash (maybe).

On 4/9/2020 at 12:35 AM, cruisenewbie1976 said:

Good point. I think August is a possibility, that's August THIS year. May not be before that, but opening up the UK a bit may be on. Best to go by train though. They have nice strong tyres.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Good point. I think August is a possibility, that's August THIS year. May not be before that, but opening up the UK a bit may be on. Best to go by train though. They have nice strong tyres.

The UK may be open, but will anywhere else. 

I belong to a number of Canary Island forums, and the view there is that tourism for the rest of this year is virtually written off. Just too risky to allow thousands of tourists in.

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

The UK may be open, but will anywhere else. 

I belong to a number of Canary Island forums, and the view there is that tourism for the rest of this year is virtually written off. Just too risky to allow thousands of tourists in.

We normally have a couple weeks Autumn/Spring in the Canaries. We were going on 21 April and to Canada/Alaska in June. Celebrity cancelled and refunded a clue of weeks ago. Marriot refunded my no cancel,no refund reservation and refunded my card in 5 days. TUI are playing hide and seek. Don't call us, we'll call you. Computer says no, sorry can't hear you. They have promised thousands of people that they will refund. Yeah, right.