Cruise Ships in Fremantle, Australia today - 16th March 2020

2 hours ago, dillpickle48 said:

Lucky Fremantle is such a such a large dock.  Ms Amsterdam due in Fremantle 22nd and 23rd of March.  Skipping all other ports including Darwin.  I wonder how many others are on the way.

Do you know why they are skipping all other ports inc Darwin en route to Fremantle?

Good business for Fremantle and Perth, which have been neglected by the cruise industry.

They wanted to get to Fremantle as soon as possible so that there was better access to flights for their passengers.  They thought that they may have been stopped by the federal government if they docked in Darwin.  The other ports in Western Australia were being closed as well.  After negotiations with both governments it was decided that Fremantle was the best option.  By the way, doing it this way, passengers will have been in isolation for 14 days hence the arrival date for Fremantle.  No need for further isolation.

Edited by dillpickle48
  • Like 1

According to Fremantle Ports, Seven Seas Mariner has arrived at Fremantle but is sitting off Gauge Roads between the coast and Rottnest Island. Probably waiting for Costa Deliziosa and QM2 to depart this afternoon/ evening  as things may be a bit chaotic at the moment handling all the departing Pax.

Also note that CMV's Vasco da Gama which was hoping to land in Colombo has been denied entry and will now be coming to Fremantle due 27/3/2020 to disembark passengers then leaving on 30/3.

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up! It was an hour-long drive one way, but I couldn't pass up a chance to see so many ships at once, especially QM2!

Costa Deliziosa's decks were packed as she pulled away, QM2 seemed to be transferring off the last of her passengers just prior. Also saw Seven Seas Mariner sitting off the coast.

Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 6.12.55 pm.png

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

During the Americas Cup Fremantle had 5 cruise ships lined up and they were used as hotels . There is pic around somewhere which shows them all in a row .

Thanks for the info David.

So the record is five.

So the wharf can take 2 more, or maybe not with todays larger ships.

14 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

During the Americas Cup Fremantle had 5 cruise ships lined up and they were used as hotels . There is pic around somewhere which shows them all in a row .

Found it on google images ...looks like more than 5 

Next question ,Who can name them all ?

I did know at one stage but have forgotten.🤭

1C072AE4-2190-4ABC-B4DA-2074465228A1.thumb.jpeg.9dc28e2392f7ef2819642b1468fd15c1.jpeg

4 hours ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

1C072AE4-2190-4ABC-B4DA-2074465228A1.thumb.jpeg.9dc28e2392f7ef2819642b1468fd15c1.jpeg

That is an impressive sight for Fremantle.  Was anyone visiting at that memorable time?

11 hours ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Apparently there were Royal Viking Star and Royal Viking Sky as well as Island Princess (ended her live as  Discovery) - those were the names I could find