Song of Norway LIVE (March 19, 2020)

14 minutes ago, Yorkvillain said:

Courtney modeling her new scuba gear and revealing bathing suit. It’s a little too skimpy if you ask me

You must have gotten there really early.  No one else is on the beach.

Thanks for the picture.  Now I know who to look for when we get there.😁

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

At least Pool area has small table with Ash Tray in between every 2 Lounge Chairs. Would be way too crowded if these tables were not there someday, everyone would be too close to each other. And of Course every Sea Day has a real Barbecue lunch cooked over open flame by the pool. This is also on Labadee both using Hand made hamburg patties, none of those frozen ones...

Be sure not to miss the deck party they will have one evening.  Everything will be decorated and they will have tons of food.  The lines will be long, so best to get there early.

Bigger ships will never catch on.  Sure, there is so much room, you never feel like there are 2,000 people onboard, but you can’t get into port with these behemoths in the islands.  That means we have to get in tiny tenders to go ashore.

Here we are on the tender, looking back at the ship anchored in the middle of the ocean.

10AD1557-9C7F-4B79-99CE-831B7321048E.thumb.jpeg.1bae0d3eff05b9e082ac7fee31d4f4b7.jpeg

We finally made it to the port, so I took a picture of the other Norway already tied up.

18F51BCA-8C6F-4C5D-A7F3-C821D7B837D9.thumb.jpeg.a86b5a078b53174077f94d18d0eaaea3.jpeg

I don’t know how I will find Tim and Courtney, once we swamp the island with another 2,000 people😳

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Sobro said:

Looking closely at the midnight buffet picture, the lady in peach with the orange scarf is checking her makeup on one of those rectangular compacts that are all the rage in Paris these days.

Cruisers are so classy!

Just to show you philistines what's the what:

buffet1.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sobro said:

Looking closely at the midnight buffet picture, the lady in peach with the orange scarf is checking her makeup on one of those rectangular compacts that are all the rage in Paris these days.

Cruisers are so classy!

Classy indeed!  I can see that one lady's dress was made from a VOGUE sewing pattern!  The Butterick one is nice, too, but I say, if you are going to go on a cruise, might as well go all out!

• Like 3

Sigh, I've been holding off on replying to this thread, because it all seems so ridiculous.

Everybody seems to be having such a great time, but I was on this ship last month, and had a totally different experience. My wife (Mabel) and I took our 6 teenagers (Mandy, Randy, Brandy (she's a fine girl), Candy, Tandy, and Fred) hoping for some quality family time (followed by even more quality bar time every evening). First off, despite the myriad of activities on board, I could not tear the kids away from staring at their books or playing Hungry Hungry Hippo. Evenings? The ship was playing that horrible new "music" called Disco. Blech. That's not real music! Remember Herman's Hermits and the 1910 Fruitgum Company? That was real music! I can't imagine songwriting ever getting worse.

Speaking of LSD, I was at least able to buy some Quaaludes from a nice police officer at one of the ports. Send me a private message (by letter of course, no postcards!) if you'd like his name. Take it from me, them 'ludes helped to make the sound of Hungry Hungry Hippos way more tolerable. Speaking of kids, thankfully, school vacation is off by a week in my state, so there were only two other children on board, one of them being a 10 year old! That's way too young! 

The kicker was the last dinner night. Being an engineer, I have to wear a tie all day at work, and now having to do it on the flight down, and then every evening was killing me! I was also out of clean slacks, so I threw on my best pair of Calvin Klein jeans (and the tightest! Them dudes in the swimsuit pictures would be soooo jealous!), put on a dress shirt and walked into the dining room.

It was if I was the guy to cause the oil embargo a few years ago! Hey folks, do me a solid and realize I'm not the one that made gas shoot up to 55 cents (wowie, I still can't get over that) a gallon. Well, there were gasps abound, scores of people outright fainted, many threw dinner rolls at me with the waiters standing by loaded with refills. Screams of "Scram!" "Buzz off!" and "Shoo!" filled the air. I gathered up as many dinner rolls as I could from the floor, and ate in my cabin, unsure if that's allowed, never mind if it's ever been done before.

If that wasn't enough, there was disembarkation day. The bars were, of course, open, so I pounded back a few Bloody Mary's and a couple shots to help ease the burden of driving the family home, but when we went to get off, there had to be at least 4 people in front of me for Customs. A long 5 minutes later, and perhaps a lie about not bringing Quaaludes back, we were finally free of this awful mess.

So laugh it up folks, I'm probably the first person to ever complain about a cruise, but I doubt I'll be the last!

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

My new wife bought me one those swimsuits think its called a Speedo. Wore it on the Cruise where wife took lots of pictures, cant wait share our photos when have Grandchildren... Since we are young I had to Finance part our Cruise on American Express, worked our well as Royal wouldn't take my Diners Club Card. Was only $3800 total for 2 of us but worth it, 122 SQ Ft Cabin and has 16in Deck 2 Port Hole and most days waves wash over it. Hurricane Season otherwise Cruise wouldn't been that cheap...

Edited by ONECRUISER

1 hour ago, Yorkvillain said:

Lots of European men on the beach today.

That's nothing compared to this Commie Pinko we saw in Nassau. He kept saying "Sexy Time" to my wife in some stupid accent. Note the crowds later in the day from your picture. There had to be 20, TWENTY!!! people on the beach! 

img_bd77ebbfb096-1.jpeg

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

My new wife bought me one those swimsuits think its called a Speedo. Wore it on the Cruise where wife took lots of pictures, cant wait share our photos when have Grandchildren... Since we are young I had to Finance part our Cruise on American Express, worked our well as Royal wouldn't take my Diners Club Card. Was only $3800 total for 2 of us but worth it, 122 SQ Ft Cabin and has 16in Deck 2 Port Hole and most days waves wash over it. Hurricane Season otherwise Cruise wouldn't been that cheap...

But the nice thing is airfare is included in all of the prices.  Too bad we have to pay the brochure rate.  It would be great if discounts were offered, but that will never happen.

Edited by mek

Speaking of brochures, I just love going to AAA to pick up as many as I can just to dream a little. It's a little overwhelming - some cruise lines have more than 1 or 2 ships.

Edited by mek
  • Like 3

I certainly hope they warned you about using protection when you went ashore. Things can get pretty hot, and you want to be properly lathered. 

On the Big Norway, they gave us this two page warning about going unprotected. 

35A92D4C-E023-4998-8B5D-33634F780768.thumb.jpeg.e9bd1edec394707cdc38b04722b31701.jpeg

C4D648F7-DE7F-4BFB-BA0B-48FE1EC972DA.thumb.jpeg.0df35ad9099518171f807366fb6ad7c6.jpeg

• Like 3

Tonight’s A-list performers. The George Reich Dancers are the main reason we booked this specific sailing - and Carrol Turran never disappoints.

da74605d0327bb7fae3e4d91bd4f7cbd.jpg

Rumor in the club last night - Barbara Porteus & Bruce Michaels used to be a “thing” - that is until Barbara caught Bruce in a very uncompromising position with Stuart Feldman recently. Just a rumor.

Big Norway is crowded as well, but we have a few open loungers.  It is nice that they just give you a blue towel so you can reserve your space.  They don’t even ask our name.

We have some nice umbrellas for shade!!!

AE02CADB-39A7-4C1C-BBA8-547F797375E3.thumb.jpeg.13302b0cba6da859d2170894a96c34dd.jpeg