Song of Norway LIVE (March 19, 2020)

28 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

What the hell is this?  Looks like some sort of Canadian Fonzie.

20 minutes ago, suesnake2002 said:

Yup except the Canadian fonzie says ehhh with a slight accent. Lol

LOL -- yup Canadian Fonzehh.

• Haha 1

A Canadian?  Why in the world would they be on a cruise?  I just looked at the customs form, and they can only bring back a fifth, and we can bring back a gallon.  We get $600 per person duty free, and they get $166.  

Maybe I haven’t checked exchange rates lately. 

On 3/21/2020 at 2:32 PM, Saltdog said:

That's nothing compared to this Commie Pinko we saw in Nassau. He kept saying "Sexy Time" to my wife in some stupid accent. Note the crowds later in the day from your picture. There had to be 20, TWENTY!!! people on the beach! 

img_bd77ebbfb096-1.jpeg

I saw that guy and his father on Fremont Street in Vegas a few years ago!! It's the old man in the "monokini" I can't unsee.

Edited by wikoffclan

9 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Well, on Big Norway, airfare was an extra add on.  So I not only had to pay the brochure price for the cabin, but also an add on for the airfare.  Going all out for my new bride, I also added a post cruise trip to that relatively new place called Disney World.  We are really looking forward to that Magical place, and wondering how much we can see in 4 days with that 12 coupon attraction book.

Our cabin prices

Scanprice.thumb.jpg.aa0ffdc122e3d8ad9f128133ad9f0e19.jpg

It was an extra $170 each for flights from Pittsburgh.

Scanairline.thumb.jpg.7ab2bf6c44c18dda6d77975f756f1a6f.jpg

And an extra $140 each for our Tour #4 post cruise.

ScanPostC.thumb.jpg.2f089d986f5c551ea9bc9def469651b5.jpg

I don't know how many years it will take me to save for another cruise. 

That's interesting, but my recent cruise on Carnival's Mardi Gras did include the air - at least from my gateway city in the midwest.  We never would have been able to afford that to spend that much extra on top of the already high prices.  Our cruise was something we probably will not be able to do again for a very long time.

Edited by mek

We were recently on the Sun Viking.  It was a 10 day cruise from Miami to Barbados.  I thought THAT ship was huge.  The hostess at Bingo said some people were calling the Song of Norway a Mega-ship.  Can you imagine that?

We absolutely loved the midnight buffet.  The display seemed endless.  It was worth the wait to get in.  I was glad they did not have those pesky glass windows in front of the food like they do at the Sizzler salad bar.  Did have to be careful not to get my tie in the sauces.

In St. Thomas we got some good deals on liquor.  It was nice that they delivered it right to our room that afternoon.  I should have thought about carrying a full case onto the plane when we went home.  It was a little heavy, maybe if there were wheels on our luggage we could stack our case on top.  Wheels...that will never happen.   Lucky Eastern Airlines had plenty of leg room room in our coach seats to stow the booze.

• Like 3

On 3/23/2020 at 10:59 AM, Yorkvillain said:

I passed this door multiple times this week but never thought to open it and see where it takes you.

01bf468bebf15dbbe283a3755eae702f.jpg

Now that all the LSD is out of my system, I decided to finally open that mystery door and see what’s behind it.

I think Tim is still stuck here

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1