Song of Norway LIVE (March 19, 2020)

Did you do any of the Ship’s tours ashore yesterday?  Our ship offered four, but they were all pretty expensive.

The least expensive was $7.50 each, but it didn’t really offer much. My new bride picked the most expensive tour they had.  At $14.00 each, it was a lot to just go on a little boat and snorkel, but when she saw that it included unlimited rum punch, her mind was made up.  I am starting to learn that this girl likes expensive things.

After snorkeling they topped the tour off with the Limbo and a Conga Line.  I think these island entertainers must make a lot of money to be able to afford more gold chains than any of us.

FBBF8EC4-9DA9-4A78-AF58-6E43B9230A3D.thumb.jpeg.a14bc8ec0d1591dca3dd4d37655387b5.jpeg

• Like 2

Wow!  Your cruise sounds like way more fun then we had when we were on the Sun Viking last week.  I guess it might be because you are older and can do more fun stuff.  There was no one on the ship our age (15 & 16) and nothing to do other than backgammon all day long.  Grandma reserved herself a sun bed but didn't get us one so we had to find stuff to do.  But, lucky us, when my sister and I got off the ship in Jamaica (grandma said we could go alone) the nice guys were selling yo-yos. They told us they could put "something special" inside but we said no.  I don't know how they would have fit a cigarette in there and even though my sister likes to smoke we were afraid of getting caught.  Hopefully our next cruise will be more fun.  We are going on the Rotterdam.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can't wait till we get to go, thanks for the first-person reports, they cheer me up, I was a little out of sorts, 60 Minutes wasn't that good, kids were riding mini-bikes up and down the street, I decided to buy a carton of "light" cigarettes, big mistake, leftover fondue is not great....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, goldfish65 said:

I can't wait till we get to go, thanks for the first-person reports, they cheer me up, I was a little out of sorts, 60 Minutes wasn't that good, kids were riding mini-bikes up and down the street, I decided to buy a carton of "light" cigarettes, big mistake, leftover fondue is not great....

You should try watching The Waltons - it's a feel good TV show about the depression.  Life was so much simpler back then.  Our lives are so complicated and hectic now. Things are supposed to improve in the future - all we will have to is sit back and relax - machines will do all of our work.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Wow, those are pretty lavish backdrops for the photos. I bet they cost a fortune. After spending $28 for our excursion yesterday, I didn’t want anymore unplanned expenditures. 

Luckily we were able to do the free bridge tour. It got a little heated between an officer and one lady, when he wouldn’t let her husband film with his new super 8 camera

A80BF32F-9611-4E7C-8169-DDD381A80594.thumb.jpeg.4213a7b5f7febe76dc5dd0bb6ceb5f50.jpeg

• Like 1

On 3/18/2020 at 8:06 PM, alexkrn46 said:

I hope you remembered to get some travelers checks and some baby oil so you gets good tan.

Definately can't forget my Sun In to lighten my blonde hair even more while I bake out by the pool. Who cares about leather skin later on, I want to look pretty now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Hopefully you can get an answer before you leave the ship. I have read other posts about saving chairs by the pool.

I had heard a rumor that they were testing it on this ship. The policy is only for the passengers that are entitled. It also states that the super entitled have the option of saving chairs in the sun and the shade. My question has to do with entitlement. Is entitlement just a perceived notion or just a display of no class. Hoping you can answer. If this is successful, I can see this happening on other ships.

• Like 2

On 3/21/2020 at 2:54 PM, mek said:

But the nice thing is airfare is included in all of the prices.  Too bad we have to pay the brochure rate.  It would be great if discounts were offered, but that will never happen.

Well, on Big Norway, airfare was an extra add on.  So I not only had to pay the brochure price for the cabin, but also an add on for the airfare.  Going all out for my new bride, I also added a post cruise trip to that relatively new place called Disney World.  We are really looking forward to that Magical place, and wondering how much we can see in 4 days with that 12 coupon attraction book.

Our cabin prices

Scanprice.thumb.jpg.aa0ffdc122e3d8ad9f128133ad9f0e19.jpg

It was an extra $170 each for flights from Pittsburgh.

Scanairline.thumb.jpg.7ab2bf6c44c18dda6d77975f756f1a6f.jpg

And an extra $140 each for our Tour #4 post cruise.

ScanPostC.thumb.jpg.2f089d986f5c551ea9bc9def469651b5.jpg

I don't know how many years it will take me to save for another cruise. 

• Like 2

I passed this door multiple times this week but never thought to open it and see where it takes you.

01bf468bebf15dbbe283a3755eae702f.jpg

Now that all the LSD is out of my system, I decided to finally open that mystery door and see what’s behind it.

4895deb0cb7e769f17e38fce36e4db69.jpg

eb66580accaa3170d814aa308b83b245.jpg

6a4542a891f2169971113924742c265b.jpg

14612b409166a082f6e1eecf4bd63d5f.jpg

e6f15c7cfaff0dde3de9b66a33243533.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, Yorkvillain said:

I passed this door multiple times this week but never thought to open it and see where it takes you.

Obviously, you have passed into the twilight zone.

I have never seen a short, fat slalom ski.

Edited by h20skibum
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Yorkvillain said:

01bf468bebf15dbbe283a3755eae702f.jpg

Now that all the LSD is out of my system, I decided to finally open that mystery door and see what’s behind it.

Opening of the forbidden door. What have you unleashed upon mankind? 

• Like 1

I think you’re trying to pull something over on us - I think these may be scenes from that movie from a few years back - 2001 A Space Odyssey.

Haha - it’s from a space ship!!  Next thing you will tell us is that they will create a way to teleport you from the pool deck all the way down to the deck with the lobby!!

You’re so funny!!