Song of Norway LIVE (March 19, 2020)

And do not forget if your running tight on money and you want a picture from the photo display to remember your cruise by,  just wait for the attendant to help someone else and "five finger discount"  your pictures to a big purse.

Saying for a friend.

Stay healthy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, alexkrn46 said:

I hope you remembered to get some travelers checks and some baby oil so you gets good tan.

Travelers Checks.. .or was it Cheques?

Either way, I can hear Karl Malden saying don't leave home without them. 

51 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

What time is boarding, or can you just show up and get onboard?  I imagine it is crazy with a thousand passengers!!

Boarding is anytime before the ship sails and you can bring your family and friends on and show them around. Just make sure they leave before sail a way.

• Like 1

YES! I never thought this day would ever come. It’s been six long years since we wrote that first deposit cheque but finally we are getting on the boat today!

I think I slept for a total of 14 minutes last night - but at least I got to see our boat come in early this morning!

5926560ac2d19db740cfac9750e91db8.jpg

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, mil76 said:

Did you rent a car while in Florida?  I'm thinking of using Hertz before my upcoming cruise because I LOVE those OJ Simpson commercials.

OJ is awesome....such a nice guy!  America will idolize him for the rest of his life! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Have you heard anything about entertainment on the ship?  I hear they have big production shows, and real stars.

The entertainment on the ships is amazing with Vegas type shows and jugglers.

Juggler.jpg

Show.jpg

• Like 2

Good golly, I just found out there are two “Norway” ships.  How is that even possible?  There aren’t that many ships that they can’t get by without stealing names.  It makes it so confusing.

When I talked to the travel agent, they said that the one we booked held almost 2,000 passengers.  Tim keeps saying his holds 1,000.  That means if he is on the other “Norway” then mine is at least twice as big as his.   I was so looking forward to meeting Tim and Courtney onboard.  I hope he just had a typo, and they are here.  From what I have read, I am not sure Courtney would be satisfied with the small one.

I didn’t see the little “Norway” from the back of the boat.  I will have to find my way to the front to see if it is there.  

981EA688-D16E-4E27-BC63-F51EA410922C.thumb.jpeg.e3cab558f250bd9056118d6af7a11a75.jpeg

I had my lovely bride pose by the BIG Norway sign.  Too bad there isn’t a way send a message with a picture to let someone know where to meet you.  But that would be too much like Star Trek science fiction!

21444055-9654-4D7C-8AAB-5DFC2B5A12C4.thumb.jpeg.aad1bfecefae70f24be432ee4c62f066.jpeg

• Like 3

I've been dreaming of taking a cruise since I was 15 years old (1967!).  Got to board the old Oceanic when my brother and his wife sailed from NYC.   Thank you for taking us along on your adventure!

Happy Sailing!

• Like 1

(sarcasm off) Skibum, thank you for the S/S Norway photos - one of my favorite ships. I was on it in 1998 BC (before Courtney). I think it was my second cruise ever. Loved that ship.

I always think of the night club with the windows that looked into the pool.

(Ok sarcasm back on now)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Yorkvillain said:

Finally found our suite. Thank god. I’m glad we splurged for the extra room. 

49600BFE-468C-4675-86B2-C9FAF3EEA6BD.jpeg

Are there plugs beside that wonderful ice bucket?  Chocolates on the pillow too!!!  

That towel dress looks amazing.  Is Courtney going to wear it tonight, when you come back to your spacious room... I mean suite?  It will fit her waist, and should fall off easily before bed.😉

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1

Are there plugs beside that wonderful ice bucket?  Chocolates on the pillow too!!!  

That towel dress looks amazing.  Is Courtney going to wear it tonight, when you come back to your spacious room... I mean suite?  It will fit her waist, and should fall off easily before bed.[emoji6]

That towel dress is mine! Courtney’s bed is the other one.
  • Haha 2

The storage alone is enough reason for me to only stay in suites for now on. Courtney’s purse would probably be on the floor if we didn’t have this room.

7302771c494519e6f388ffa45b11f0e9.jpg

Now if only they had a lounge for people like us that stay in these type of rooms.

• Haha 1