for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

48 minutes ago, Keksie said:

On HGTV we really like Renovation Island.  When/if we ever get to travel again I told my husband I want to go there first.  We have a plane voucher we need to use before December 2021 and I really hope we can use it.

That was a great program!  We're going to watch the Brian & Sara series that starts this weekend, I think.

Cruisemom:  In honor of both of us missing National Red Wine Day yesterday, I did hit up the State Store on my way back from my drive up in the mountains.  Picked up a bottle of 19 Crimes 2018 Red Wine.  Good price point (under $11 here).  I had heard some buzz about it, so gave it a go.  It's actually really good.  It has a nice berry jam taste, but light (not like a Zinfandel bomb).   Supposedly Trader Joe's has it, but alas,  I'm restricted to what the State Store has and what it wants to charge.   But, give it a try.   It went well with my arugula salad with burrata.

• Like 1

I like 19 Crimes Red blend, but my favorite is still Conundrum Red Blend (made by Caymus)

I actually had to put on a light wrap today (finally cooler ( by 35 degrees) thannit has been. Think I’ll cook a roast beef & blueberry pie (DH will be thrilled). Melody

2 hours ago, awhfy said:

I like 19 Crimes Red blend, but my favorite is still Conundrum Red Blend (made by Caymus)

I actually had to put on a light wrap today (finally cooler ( by 35 degrees) thannit has been. Think I’ll cook a roast beef & blueberry pie (DH will be thrilled). Melody

I looked, but the State Store didn't have Conundrum this time.  The bigger store in town has it once in awhile.  

Nice that the temp has gone down a bit for you.  It was still hot yesterday - upper 80s even up in the higher mountains.  

Maybe tonight I'll make another round of my jicama tacos!!

Hi Sally, I LOVE Food Network😃.......many of those shows (in my opinion) are just fun!  Yes, there is a

competition but I just love watching them all make stuff.  Beating Bobby is great and one of my favorites

is CHOPPED.   And they have some with kids too.  Valerie Bertonelli and Duff Goldman host the Kids baking 

shows......those kids are pretty awesome.

And I have always watched Diners, Drive Ins and Dives.  Guy has been doing that show for years now. It is interesting 

to see all the different places. 

• Like 1

Food channel we like Chopped and Pioneer Woman.  The HGTV show that drives me crazy is Love it or List It because most of the time the homeowners don't give her enough money for what they want done.   There is always a surprise lurking in the basements or walls of their homes.

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi Sally, I LOVE Food Network😃.......many of those shows (in my opinion) are just fun!  Yes, there is a

competition but I just love watching them all make stuff.  Beating Bobby is great and one of my favorites

is CHOPPED.   And they have some with kids too.  Valerie Bertonelli and Duff Goldman host the Kids baking 

shows......those kids are pretty awesome.

And I have always watched Diners, Drive Ins and Dives.  Guy has been doing that show for years now. It is interesting 

to see all the different places. 

I’ve always liked DDD but our ex daughter-in-law  worked as a production assistant on it for several years and said  Guy  could be very difficult to work with at times.  She also worked with several of the HGTV shows,  we learned a lot about how the shows are “scripted”. 😂

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, awhfy said:

Love the 19 Crimes wines,  and the Conundrum red.  My new favorite is the 19 Crimes red aged for 30 days in a rum barrel, around $10 at Total Wine.  And it’s fun to read the labels as each wine’s name is based on an event in the history of Australia.

Sherri🙂

Edited by sjb317
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

Love the 19 Crimes wines,  and the Conundrum red.  My new favorite is the 19 Crimes red aged for 30 days in a rum barrel, around $10 at Total Wine.  And it’s fun to read the labels as each wine’s name is based on an event in the history of Australia.

Sherri🙂

I’ll have to try that one, I’ve only seen the one aged in a bourbon barrel

21 minutes ago, Sailor_Sally said:

We have been to several of the Diners & Dives and most were just quirky .

Our favorite Italian restaurant here in CSprings (Paravacinis) was featured on DDD...not sure why, it’s a pretty high end restaurant 

18 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Cruisemom:  In honor of both of us missing National Red Wine Day yesterday, I did hit up the State Store on my way back from my drive up in the mountains.  Picked up a bottle of 19 Crimes 2018 Red Wine.  Good price point (under $11 here).  I had heard some buzz about it, so gave it a go.  It's actually really good.  It has a nice berry jam taste, but light (not like a Zinfandel bomb).   Supposedly Trader Joe's has it, but alas,  I'm restricted to what the State Store has and what it wants to charge.   But, give it a try.   It went well with my arugula salad with burrata.

Sounds good. On my list. 👍 

Although it's so hot here this time of year I find myself gravitating toward nice crisp whites or good French rosés. We have a local wine shop that will let you put together an order online and then will deliver it to your car. Since I am missing Italy so much I treated myself to a couple of nice bottles of the Greco di Tufo white that's grown on the slopes of Vesuvius, as well as some Verdicchio from Le Marche region...

1 hour ago, awhfy said:

I’ll have to try that one, I’ve only seen the one aged in a bourbon barrel

I haven’t seen the bourbon one, I will have to look for it next time we go to Total Wine.

Sherri🙂

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

Sounds good. On my list. 👍 

Although it's so hot here this time of year I find myself gravitating toward nice crisp whites or good French rosés. We have a local wine shop that will let you put together an order online and then will deliver it to your car. Since I am missing Italy so much I treated myself to a couple of nice bottles of the Greco di Tufo white that's grown on the slopes of Vesuvius, as well as some Verdicchio from Le Marche region...

French Rosé you say.   At the last hotel I worked at, the restaurant manager was also a sommelier.  He turned me on to a really nice Frenchie, Hecht & Bannier Côtes de Provence Rosé.  I have 2 bottles of it in the fridge right now (another purchase yesterday at the State Store).  It's not a fruity one, more savory I'd say.  On my camping trip last year, I put 2 bottles in my cooler for my evening "nip."  I'm not really a white person - I got burned out on Chards.  I do like Reislings, though.  

4 hours ago, sjb317 said:

Sherri🙂

There's an app that will animate the labels. It's called "Living Wine Labels". My husband gets a kick out of it.

• Like 1

Space Coast ladies:  Did you all hear and get rattled by the SpaceX launch this afternoon????  It took a southbound course instead of the usual one for some specific orbital purposes.  Friends in Cocoa Beach said it was one of the biggest ones they've heard in awhile.  There are 2 more to go this week, I think: 1 more SpaceX and 1 ULA.  

3 minutes ago, PurpleHays said:

There's an app that will animate the labels. It's called "Living Wine Labels". My husband gets a kick out of it.

I also bought a bottle of 19 Crimes "The Banished Dark Red."  That is the next one to get opened.   

1 hour ago, slidergirl said:

French Rosé you say.   At the last hotel I worked at, the restaurant manager was also a sommelier.  He turned me on to a really nice Frenchie, Hecht & Bannier Côtes de Provence Rosé.  I have 2 bottles of it in the fridge right now (another purchase yesterday at the State Store).  It's not a fruity one, more savory I'd say.  On my camping trip last year, I put 2 bottles in my cooler for my evening "nip."  I'm not really a white person - I got burned out on Chards.  I do like Reislings, though.  

Yep, that's what I like. Not the sweeter rosés but the ones that are sort of crisp and refreshing, with just a little minerality. Whenever I have a glass with the right profile it takes me back to this incredibly picturesque hotel I stayed in at Avignon with an enclosed courtyard full of climbing vines and pots of flowers. I had a perfect glass of rosé while waiting for my party to come out so we could walk to our restaurant for dinner. It was brought to me in a lovely glass with a tiny plate with about three potato chips, two olives and some kind of cheese biscuit, and I sat there just enjoying the moment.

image.png.4cfc69367b06bcc3a888989d7113789e.png

• Like 2

12 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Space Coast ladies:  Did you all hear and get rattled by the SpaceX launch this afternoon????  It took a southbound course instead of the usual one for some specific orbital purposes.  Friends in Cocoa Beach said it was one of the biggest ones they've heard in awhile.  There are 2 more to go this week, I think: 1 more SpaceX and 1 ULA.  

Yes, I would agree with your friends in Cocoa!  We usually have to walk to the other end of our street to see the rockets but this time we were able to see it from our back window.  We were also able to see the boosters coming back.  Very cool!

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

Good morning,  I watched Black Panther last night!......I had never seen it before.  Chadwick Bozeman was so awesome.

My heart goes out to his family and to all those kids around the world who lost a hero.

• Like 1