for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

5 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls,🙂 I met an old friend from where I worked for lunch today. She has helped me out multiple times with health

issues--she is a wonderful person.  I actually put some eye shadow on with mascara LOL......wore a pair of jeans

with a pretty v neck top that is a paisley print in muted tones of red/white/blue with a pair of blue sandals.  I wore 

some silver dangle earrings and a blue lapis pendant on a silver neck wire.

It looks like it is going to POUR outside.........you know when the skies get really dark.............made it home before

any rains come down.

Hi Lois, your outfit sounds cute!   I haven't worn earrings in so long, I should put some on once in a while.  How nice to get dressed up & have lunch with your friend!   Right now I'm trying to get motivated to do some actual work, then I'm going up in the attic to start bringing down some Halloween decorations :)

Hi Debbie,  funny how we look at things nowadays😃......Jeans, a cute top and make up as "dressed up" LOL.........

But I guess you are right because when I am home on most days I am in shorts/t shirts and no make up. 

31 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Debbie,  funny how we look at things nowadays😃......Jeans, a cute top and make up as "dressed up" LOL.........

But I guess you are right because when I am home on most days I am in shorts/t shirts and no make up. 

Right, & going to the grocery store is like a night out on the town :)   I bought a pair of fleece lined leggings at Costco last week, & thought, wow, just need one new sweatshirt & my winter wardrobe will be complete.   :)  2020:classic_rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Right, & going to the grocery store is like a night out on the town 🙂   I bought a pair of fleece lined leggings at Costco last week, & thought, wow, just need one new sweatshirt & my winter wardrobe will be complete.   🙂  2020:classic_rolleyes:

Oh, I need fleece lined leggings, must go to Costco 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Right, & going to the grocery store is like a night out on the town 🙂   I bought a pair of fleece lined leggings at Costco last week, & thought, wow, just need one new sweatshirt & my winter wardrobe will be complete.   🙂  2020:classic_rolleyes:

Well, Debbie, that just made me laugh!

So far our power has stayed on and thanks to the smoke layer the temps have not been as hot as first predicted. Hopefully the really hot days are over for the year but who knows for sure. 

Sharon

• Like 1

Debbie your picture looks like the sky over San Francisco-awful!

The Creek fire in the Sierras has consumed over 168,000 acres, zero containment and not expected to be out until mid October! Not sure I can wait that long to go outside. Our sky doesn’t look as ugly as yours-just that yellow gray yuck. We have smoke coming from other fires also and it then is trapped here. I haven’t actually seen ash fall but I see it on the patio furniture.  The worst part is all those whose homes and businesses are gone including a good friend of our daughter’s. He lost everything but was able to save his pets.

BTW, you mentioned Halloween decorations, what are your thoughts on LA wanting to prohibit trick or treating? Did I hear that correctly?

Sharon

On 9/8/2020 at 5:07 AM, sjb317 said:

I like your screen name, every time I see it, I think of Indiana.😂.   We lived just south of Indianapolis and both of us graduated from IU so very familiar with the Brown County area.  It is very pretty, especially during autumn.

Sherri🙂

Thanks, Sherri, I liked the shopping in both those areas but especially Brown County. Yes, fall was especially nice there and that is when we visited. 

Do you ever watch Good Bones on HGTV? Those “2 Chicks and a Hammer” have renovated older neighborhoods in downtown Indianapolis. I think they also have an air  b&b that they renovated.

Sharon 

13 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

I just took a look outside & it's downright eerie.   I snapped this photo a little before 4, & this is what the sky looks like:

IMG_0511.thumb.JPG.0f7c34121560c414bd96eb92f978f551.JPG

smoke & ash as far as I can see!

Good morning........yikes...........looks like something out of a movie or something.........😲

Sharon - my eye seems to be improving in little steps.  Thanks for asking. 

cruise kitty - Definitely not conditions conducive to running.  Do you get any smoke into the house when you run the A/C?  I always wondered about that.  

Forgot to turn the furnace back on last night - 54 in the house in the morning.  At least it's mostly blue sky with  little haze today.  I think I can get out and do a little walk today.  

Oh - they had a very short teaser about the upcoming Real Housewives of Salt Lake City on tv last night.  I have the sick feeling, based on the scenery, that they came up here quite a bit.  At least they all can't go to Deer Valley - one of them is a snowboarder, so she can't go there (DV is ski only).  The way they dressed, I have NO IDEA which resort they went to - I'd be embarassed to go to most of our places dressed like they were on a Gucci runway.  Around here, the "locals" don't bother with fancy ski stuff.  And, we definitely do not do a wad of makeup, especially when we're going to have on goggles and, this year, a mask!!!   

OOTD: one of my pair of leggings and a long sleeve Tshirt - that way I can go for a walk in them or hit the store for something without having to change.  I'm still a little wary of putting on any eyeliner, so it's the naked eye look here.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, purduemom1 said:

Debbie your picture looks like the sky over San Francisco-awful!

The Creek fire in the Sierras has consumed over 168,000 acres, zero containment and not expected to be out until mid October! Not sure I can wait that long to go outside. Our sky doesn’t look as ugly as yours-just that yellow gray yuck. We have smoke coming from other fires also and it then is trapped here. I haven’t actually seen ash fall but I see it on the patio furniture.  The worst part is all those whose homes and businesses are gone including a good friend of our daughter’s. He lost everything but was able to save his pets.

BTW, you mentioned Halloween decorations, what are your thoughts on LA wanting to prohibit trick or treating? Did I hear that correctly?

Sharon

Hi Sharon,  I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter's friend,  that's the thing I need to remind myself, I'm only being inconvenienced by this, & other people are losing homes & livelihoods.   Today we are just a yucky gray with a weird wind that reminds me of when there is an eclipse.     Halloween, yes, they banned trick o treat, & then walked back to a stern "not recommended" within hours.   I'm guessing that's due to what happened when they  banned fireworks shows on 4th of July & the entire state (at least here) turned into one giant firework show.  My personal opinion is that they should give good guidelines instead,  otherwise, people will just run amuck (Hocus Pocus reference ;) ) 

I hope your air clears a bit soon, not fun being stuck at home & not even being able to go outside.  

On topic:  I"m going to actually put on clothes today, & maybe some makeup, going to donate blood at red cross, the cool thing is that they do a covid antibody screening when you donate :)

• Like 1

@slidergirl  Hi Kat, so glad to hear that your eye is having some improvement :)    & now I really fell like I'm going to have to look into that real housewives thing.  I like it when stuff gets filmed nearby, it's always fun to see something later that I recognize.  

Regarding the AC & smoke, as long as we keep the house closed up & the AC on, it doesn't seem to be a problem,   I do think I will change the filters again though,  I just did that last month, but it can't hurt to change them more often with this going on.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

@slidergirl  Hi Kat, so glad to hear that your eye is having some improvement 🙂    & now I really fell like I'm going to have to look into that real housewives thing.  I like it when stuff gets filmed nearby, it's always fun to see something later that I recognize.  

Regarding the AC & smoke, as long as we keep the house closed up & the AC on, it doesn't seem to be a problem,   I do think I will change the filters again though,  I just did that last month, but it can't hurt to change them more often with this going on.  

We’ve changed our ac filters once every 2 weeks since this started in March

• Like 1

18 hours ago, purduemom1 said:

Thanks, Sherri, I liked the shopping in both those areas but especially Brown County. Yes, fall was especially nice there and that is when we visited. 

Do you ever watch Good Bones on HGTV? Those “2 Chicks and a Hammer” have renovated older neighborhoods in downtown Indianapolis. I think they also have an air  b&b that they renovated.

Sharon 

Not sure why😂 but I’ve never seen it.  I keep meaning to give it a try but never seem to get around to it.

OOTD:  I’ve gone from workout clothes to swimsuit to my last remaining pair of scrub pants from work and an old tshirt from a bike ride in 2006.😂. No make up, hair in ponytail, no earrings.  Today has been a “blah” day.  

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

Happy Friday :)  

Melody, I should change filters more often!  When we put in the new AC, I was told to get cheaper filters, but change them more often, the AC guy said that the super high filters will lessen the life of the compressor as they reduce air flow,  so I try & change them every 3 months, but with what's going on with smoke & ash, I think I'll order a bunch from Amazon & change them every 2 weeks like you :)   

Sherri, I get you with the blah days...  that's how I"m feeling today, going to force myself to put on some clothes right now & mow our neighbors lawn....  DH texted our gardener last night & asked them to do it, but I guess he did not get the message.

For those of you who have Netflix, we've been watching a new show with Hillary Swank called "Away"  it's about a mission to Mars & we're really enjoying it :)

hope everyone else is doing ok,  & esp. Sharon, hope the fires are not headed in your area :)

• Like 1

Hi girls, hope everyone is doing ok...have been watching some 9/11 programs today.........19 years ago.

Boy, almost 2 decades have gone by since that happened.

Well, we had some really, REALLY stupid news today.......we have a county north of us--I am in Duval County, this is

one is Nassau County.......a 12 year old kid brought 3 guns to school👎😲........thankfully nobody was shot.  But

when I see this kind of stuff, I just have to shake my head.......they found everything in his lunchbox!!!!!!

His Mom said "she thought the weapons were all locked in their safe".....Seriously?.......who made his lunch??

25 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, hope everyone is doing ok...have been watching some 9/11 programs today.........19 years ago.

Well, we had some really, REALLY stupid news today.......we have a county north of us--I am in Duval County, this is

one is Nassau County.......a 12 year old kid brought 3 guns to school👎😲........thankfully nobody was shot.  But

when I see this kind of stuff, I just have to shake my head.......they found everything in his lunchbox!!!!!!

His Mom said "she thought the weapons were all locked in their safe".....Seriously?.......who made his lunch??

It  is hard to believe it has been that long, I have very vivid memories of standing in a patient’s room watching one of the planes hit the tower.  Unbelievable😞

So sad for the 12 year old!  His parents should be charged with negligence or something, how irresponsible of them.  Since my husband was in law enforcement we had guns in the house but they were always locked up and my husband kept the keys secure.  

We are watching the news which is showing the fires and devastation on the west coast. That is unbelievable, too.  I hope all of you out west stay safe.

The news just gets better and better😞

Sherri😞

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Oh my gosh, I honestly think the parents should be charged in cases like that....  so irresponsible  :classic_ohmy:

• Thanks 1

Hi girls, and I agree with you too........not sure what makes some people tick! 

Looks like the fires are just getting worse😟.........my heart goes out to all those affected.

• Like 1

What was the old saying - you need a license to drive a car but anyone can be a parent...  

Sherri - did you see in the local paper that Sheriff Ivey wants people to put a blue light outside?  I saw it on a FB group for Cocoa Beach. 

Watched some 9/11 video yesterday.  Still makes me shudder.  I just remember panic when it was said on TV that one of the planes had gone down in Central PA in a rural area.  My family that is left in PA lives out in the country in Central PA.  It wasn't until I heard it was Shanksville that I calmed down.  I had an old friend who worked in the Pentagon - he got out word to all of us that he was OK.  

My heart breaks every time I see the fires on the news.  One friend who lives in Tigard, OR, is just outside the potential evacuation areas for now.  Another friend here in UT is a firefighter EMT and his team just headed out this morning to go help with the fires in Oregon.  What is really concerning is that this isn't prime fire season yet.  Usually, in California, it's later September/early October when those hot, dry Santa Anas crop up.  

Nothing going on today.   It's another day where I have to buck up.  Too much depressing things/news lately.  

• Like 1

good morning everyone :)   Kat, you are so right about this being an early fire season for us,  right now in S. CA the fires aren't anywhere near what they are in central & N. CA, but in October when the Santa Anas start blowing, well, probably not going to be good.

I hope you can find something to brighten your day today,  for myself, having a likable hobby or project helps me not go down the rabbit hole,  I'm still working on that birdhouse project :)   Maybe you could volunteer for at home campaign work...  I know they need people to make phone calls, texts, etc.  (I'm not going to say for which candidate, don't want to get called out for being political ;) )

On a happier note, we are going to head to the beach w/our little putt-putt boat.   Hoping that there will be some fresher air to breathe :)

Hoping that Sharon (Purduemom) is ok, don't know how close she is to the burn areas, & I don't think she's posted here in a bit.  :)

• Like 1