for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

22 hours ago, Anita Latte said:

Ah ok. I use my Breville counter top toaster/convection/convention/pizza oven DAILY. I love that thing. Today for lunch I roasted Brussel sprouts in it. I read a book once that said that most likely it's not that you don't like something, you just don't like the way it was prepared. I used to really dislike Brussel sprouts but ever since I started roasting them...OMG...even DS loves them. 

That sounds like a yummy chicken preparation Sally.

Add some bacon to those sprouts!!!  A bar up here does and they are freakin' good!!  I think they also had sauteed down onions they were "french onion soup" brown.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

I can go multiple directions, depending on where the fire is.  Had one 3 years ago in the hills (no trees, just grass & bush)that got within 5 miles of my house. No evac needed since the wind shifted.  Ready to head W down I-80 to SLC.   The new one today is out by Duschene, a good hour away.  But we have Red Flag again today.  This is getting tired. 

that's good you have more than one way out...  & yes, all of this is getting very old!  

Chucks:  I have a pair of gray ones, but I really need to break them in, so they tend to sit in my closet...

Sounds like you might go back to work, that's great :)

we've decided that if our hills were to have any substantial fire, we'd leave immediately, get the cats & our important stuff to a pet friendly hotel, & then come back & water down until real evacuation orders came...  put our bikes in the truck so if there was too much traffic we'd ride back to the hotel...  can you tell I've overthought this?? ;)  Hoping that having a real plan will help with my nightmares...  no more sleeping in for me :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

I used a peeler that I have that's made for zesting lemons, but I still got a tiny bit of the white part, I scraped that off the back with a paring knife 🙂

Did you get the crazy rain that some parts of Florida are having?

Hi Debbie, those flooding rains were out on the panhandle of Florida......Pensacola area. Looks like they got about 2

feet of rain in 24 hours😦.....I think Renee is in South Florida and I am Northeast.    Not sure how much rain she

got but nothing like 2 feet.........we have just had another "summer rain".......it is just like for 20/30 minutes and then

goes away.

2 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

that's good you have more than one way out...  & yes, all of this is getting very old!  

Chucks:  I have a pair of gray ones, but I really need to break them in, so they tend to sit in my closet...

Sounds like you might go back to work, that's great 🙂

we've decided that if our hills were to have any substantial fire, we'd leave immediately, get the cats & our important stuff to a pet friendly hotel, & then come back & water down until real evacuation orders came...  put our bikes in the truck so if there was too much traffic we'd ride back to the hotel...  can you tell I've overthought this?? 😉  Hoping that having a real plan will help with my nightmares...  no more sleeping in for me 🙂

well, I'm hoping I get to go back to work.  No notification yet on opening.  

I'm thinking of just packing all my campng stuff in the back of the Kia and keeping it there.  If nothing else, I'd just have to find a flat spot to set up. 

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

I forgot to post these.........they are the tops I got from Chico's Off The Rack website.

570282953_2186_normal.jpg

570285450_1686_normal.jpg

The first one is a beach motif🙂........closest I will come to a cruise LOL

Cute tops Lois :)   Very beachy :)    & two feet of rain, that's insane....  glad you didn't get that, but please send some of your summer rain our way ;)

2 hours ago, slidergirl said:

well, I'm hoping I get to go back to work.  No notification yet on opening.  

I'm thinking of just packing all my campng stuff in the back of the Kia and keeping it there.  If nothing else, I'd just have to find a flat spot to set up. 

ok, I hope you get notification soon :)   good idea about putting a bug out bag in your car, I keep a little earthquake kit in mine so if I had to travel far on foot to get back home, I would be prepared :)

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi again, not sure if any of you saw this article.........about re-starting cruising........

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5599/

Another task force.............I won't hold my breath.

yeah, I know MSC is cruising, but let's face it, lots of people from the U.S. are super resistant to following rules & guidelines, so yeah, I'm not hiding my breath :)

On 9/14/2020 at 3:02 PM, cruise kitty said:

Hi Kat, yes we got prepared food from Gelsons, so nice to not have to cook something once in a while.    Bleh about your tax situation....  I would think they would let you defer due to the whole pandemic thing, but knowing the IRS, they probably won't.   Hope your day is nice otherwise 🙂    I'm going to do step two today for my Limoncello 🙂

Are you making limoncello? I just put some in the pantry to age for 40 days. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

I am, it's sitting in my home office under a tea towel,  I have about 24 days to go 🙂

I read later posts and saw your recipe. I used a different one that calls for peels from 15 thick-skinned lemons and 1500ml 100 proof vodka. It's in the back of the pantry for 40 days, then I'll add the sugar water and let it sit for another 40 days. Man, it's taking forever. Last time I looked (about two days in) it was already turning yellow. Can't wait to taste it.

I also made Greek cherry liqueur. It's also very sweet.

2 hours ago, PurpleHays said:

I read later posts and saw your recipe. I used a different one that calls for peels from 15 thick-skinned lemons and 1500ml 100 proof vodka. It's in the back of the pantry for 40 days, then I'll add the sugar water and let it sit for another 40 days. Man, it's taking forever. Last time I looked (about two days in) it was already turning yellow. Can't wait to taste it.

I also made Greek cherry liqueur. It's also very sweet.

mine originally was a double recipe as well, but I halved it...mine is a lovely yellow color right now, can't wait too!   Nice to have something to look forward to :)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

I used a peeler that I have that's made for zesting lemons, but I still got a tiny bit of the white part, I scraped that off the back with a paring knife 🙂

Did you get the crazy rain that some parts of Florida are having?

Yes, we got a lot. Our street didn't get flooded, but some of the others not to far from me did. I'll have to look for the thing for zesting lemons. Always wanted to make some Limoncello, but just never have. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Debbie, those flooding rains were out on the panhandle of Florida......Pensacola area. Looks like they got about 2

feet of rain in 24 hours😦.....I think Renee is in South Florida and I am Northeast.    Not sure how much rain she

got but nothing like 2 feet.........we have just had another "summer rain".......it is just like for 20/30 minutes and then

goes away.

Sorry I didn't think of the rains up in the Panhandle. Those were some crazy downpours. I am in Fort Lauderdale and we did get some of the rain, but nothing compared to northern Florida. Ours was also several days before the ones up north.

I love the top in the first picture. So cute.

Edited by ReneeFLL

So, we have been busy for a change!  This may have been an extremely stupid thing to do but we flew up to Indianapolis to spend a few days with my dad.  I haven’t seen him since my mom died in January and he is starting to have some issues at the age of 86, I really felt that we needed to go.  We stayed at a hotel and spent most of our time outside.  Strangely, I felt comfortable at the airport and on the plane,  I think the plane was the cleanest I’ve ever seen! 😂 We are flying back today and will semi quarantine for two weeks with only a trip to the grocery store.

OOTD:  gray khaki capris, white tshirt and peach hoodie, it is cold in Indy!

I have to catch up on all of the posts!

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

Hi Sherri, not a stupid thing at all....you wanted to see your Dad!  I lost mine in 2011 and miss him every day.

Sounds like you handled things according to the best ways.....and you said you felt safe!   Hope your Dad

will be ok!

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Good morning,🙂 Hi Renee, where in Lauderdale do you live?

Oh, thanks........I don't usually go for "motif" tops but this one called to me LOL..............

I'm in Lauderdale Isles off of Riverland Road. Do you know the area?

15 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Sherri, not a stupid thing at all....you wanted to see your Dad!  I lost mine in 2011 and miss him every day.

Sounds like you handled things according to the best ways.....and you said you felt safe!   Hope your Dad

will be ok!

Thanks, Lois, I imagine you do miss your dad daily.   He is doing ok, he is just become very frail and forgetful.  This year has aged him a lot, I saw a big difference between January and now. He is living by himself and refuses to even discuss leaving his house that is paid for.🙄. It would be good for him to be around other people but none of his children are able to talk to him about this, even moving in with one of us is not a consideration for him.  He says he is “going to die in his house” and I am afraid that will probably happen.😞

Hope everyone is safe and well from the hurricane, fires, etc.!

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I'm in Lauderdale Isles off of Riverland Road. Do you know the area?

Hi Renee, I know it a bit yes........not where you mentioned but many, many years ago I lived just south of you

(near Miramar but in Dade County).

One of my best friends lives further south actually......Cutler Bay area.  

And of course I have sailed out of Pt Everglades at least 2 dozen (if not more) times over the years.🙂

• Like 1