for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

18 hours ago, Sailor_Sally said:

Kat , Sorry about the vertigo . I went to book club tonight first time in several months .It was so good to be back and talk books with my friends . I wore long black shorts and a rose colored peplum t shirt with some jewelry .

Sally, what book are you reading?

Kat, I'm so glad that you have some improvement,  & I totally get you on the news,   while I don't want to put my head in the sand, I am in a better mental state when I limit myself...   & I love my HGTV & Food Network 

Your project sounds fun,  please post a pic when you're done!

We are reading "The Girl in the Letter " . I started  it and it's very good . $2.99 on Amazon for kindle .Last month we read two books since we had not met for a few months "Chestnut Street "by Maeve Binchy . It was not her best and "AmericanDirt " which I liked but the others were not thrilled with it . I have also just read "The lost girls of Paris " .It was very good.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sailor_Sally said:

Lois I like Chopped but beating Bobby Flay is my favorite . I have a love /hate affair with HGTV .It makes me want to rip apart my house .

When I worked from my house AND I had a nice, big kitchen with lots of little appliances, I religiously watched Food Network.  But when I moved to my "little house" with no counter room for anything other than my coffeemaker and a toaster, I stopped,  Yes, HGTV makes me want to rip things out of my house, and fix up the patio and redo the front (within HOA guidelines, of course).  

I did go Home Depot.  I did not realize how HEAVY a single bag of dirt or sand weighed - I couldn't even lift off he shelf!  So, I cheated and got some rubber mulch that should work.  I bought 2 blue pots and a red pot to try to make it a little more "patriotic".  It started raining now, so I'll have to wait to do this tomorrow.  

I'm late to the party for National Cheeseburger Day.  While I was out, I stopped at Five Guys and got a Cheeseburger Bowl.  And, I found out they will do the fries Well Done if you ask.  Fries were the lunch, the Bowl will be dinner (just reheat the burgers).  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sailor_Sally said:

We are reading "The Girl in the Letter " . I started  it and it's very good . $2.99 on Amazon for kindle .Last month we read two books since we had not met for a few months "Chestnut Street "by Maeve Binchy . It was not her best and "AmericanDirt " which I liked but the others were not thrilled with it . I have also just read "The lost girls of Paris " .It was very good.

I enjoyed the lost girls of Paris

• Like 1

Hello all, boy oh boy everyone has been busy posting and I’m way behind! Actually, it’s good that everyone has so much to share. 

Kat, so sorry about the Vertigo but it sounds like you are handling it well. I had an episode many years ago. Just came out of the blue and I ended up in the ER. After making sure it wasn’t something more serious, they sent me home with meds, It took a few days to go away and fortunately I haven’t had another incident. I certainly hope you will continue to improve and the technique you are using will bring lasting relief.

I got my flu shot  a few weeks ago and the pharmacist mentioned then that the high dose can be hard to find at times and is usually the first to run out. Good that you are at the head of the line.

We had a weekend of moderate to good air quality here and we took advantage of it to get out and walk and spend a lot of time outdoors. That all ended Monday afternoon and now the air has returned to unhealthy. This morning I got a hair cut and boy oh boy, it really smelled of smoke when I went outside. However, as bad as it is for us, it is much worse for those who have lost everything because of the fires. It’s a sobering thought.

i started researching air purifiers and based on ratings and reviews I chose one that a neighbor had also purchased and liked. Unfortunately, it was sold out on Amazon as well as on line at local stores. I wasn’t about to go from store to store shopping. After my research I knew I had to be careful to make sure a unit would work for smoke from burning wood as those are very small particles. This meant that many available units were not a good choice for us. However, today my first choice showed up again on Amazon and I ordered it. Although it’s Prime, it won’t arrive for until next week.

I also often turn to HGTV and have several shows I really like. Food Network is good too but it usually makes me hungry and I don’t need that kind of encouragement right now. As for HGTV inspiring  me to tackle home projects, not so far but I do like watching the home staging and trying to figure out how I can change things up using what I already have. Along the same lines, my neighbor texted me that she really wished we could go to Home Goods. Back in the day we would go to lunch and then walk over to HG in the same center. Both of us just had to stay strong and resist but it wasn’t easy. 

Planning to go to Trader Joe’s tomorrow-hoping they are well stocked with fall and pumpkin items oh yes, and all the other items that are usually on the list. 

So there you have it, nothing really exciting although, for me, just being able to go for long walks seemed exciting. Would never have guessed it would come to this.

Take care all and stay well.

Sharon

• Like 2

Hi to everyone -- just emerging from a huge crunch at work (yes another one).  I have really hit a wall hard a couple of times, probably due to all the stress -- I am just dying to go somewhere, anywhere. I almost booked a hotel on the beach in Jekyll that seems fairly isolated (no big crowds) and has good reviews re: handling COVID, but my son has so far talked me out of pulling the trigger and going. 

Fortunately we've had a little dip in the weather this week and it is now more comfortable to be outside, plus my project is winding down. I'm taking Friday off to take my "new" car (bought it a year ago -- but it only has five months worth of mileage on it, LOL) to the dealership for needed servicing. Exciting times!

Edited by cruisemom42
  • Like 2

@purduemom1 Hi Sharon, good to "see" you :)  I'm having a tough time resisting doing extra things as well...  I have a bunch of Home Goods gift cards burning a hole in my pocket, but not going yet...

Good on your haircut, I've decided I'm going to suck it up & make an appointment,  I won't be surprised if things shut down again in the late fall/early winter, so I guess the time is now for whatever I truly need done, & my hair has reached a point of desperation, I was at the victoria secret model point a couple of months ago, & am now at the cult mom of 40 children stage....:classic_laugh:

Our Trader Joes is loaded with all things pumpkin now, & I've bought several,  made roasted pumpkin seeds on Saturday night & we watched our first Halloween movie of the season, Practical Magic, which I love.  

Hope your air purifier arrives soon & helps,  we still have smoke & ash, but not at all as bad as it was, looking up the sky is blue, but to the north not so much...

Like you, the major excitement in my life is outdoor hikes & runs, & I"m grateful that I get to that but sure wish there was more :)

take care

-Debbie

Ah, Fall at Trader Joe's.  My second favorite time of year!  Pumpkin cream cheese (the bomb!),  pumpkin kringle (off my dining list unfortunately), Pumpkin candles, pumpkin body lotion, pumpkin yogurt...  I was thinking of going today, but, we have a wildfire at the base of canyon (15 miles away, fortunately), but the smoke is horrendous and, if the Red Flag wind shifts, it would push toward the interstate and close it again.  Maybe in a few days.  

Cruise mom is back among the living!!!   I had to laugh about the car.  I think I've only filled my tank 3 times since March.  I think you need to do a daytrip to just drive and get out - put the windows down and enjoy!!  

Still getting dizzy.  I did the epley thing again last night and, I whirled big time doing it.  I may have to go to the PT after all and see if getting it done by  pro helps.  I also convinced my NP to refer me to an endocrinologist to see what is going on  with my diabetes post-COVID and what I can do.  It's a known issue among long haulers.  I haven't changed anything so there is no rational reason why my numbers have gone back up.  If I get that worked out, then maybe I can take care of the constant fatigue and the other nagging issues.    Enough Debbie Downer.

I got my Early Winter copy of the Gorsouch Catalog.  It's an über upscale and expensive ski clothes and aprés clothes company in Aspen and Park City.  Why I get it, I don't know as I sure can't shop there!  Anyway, they have a ski onsie in the catalog that would give anyone Vertigo!!  If I bought it and wore it, I could blend right in with the Real Housewives of Salt Lake City!!!

Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 2.29.16 PM.png

10 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Hi to everyone -- just emerging from a huge crunch at work (yes another one).  I have really hit a wall hard a couple of times, probably due to all the stress -- I am just dying to go somewhere, anywhere. I almost booked a hotel on the beach in Jekyll that seems fairly isolated (no big crowds) and has good reviews re: handling COVID, but my son has so far talked me out of pulling the trigger and going. 

Fortunately we've had a little dip in the weather this week and it is now more comfortable to be outside, plus my project is winding down. I'm taking Friday off to take my "new" car (bought it a year ago -- but it only has five months worth of mileage on it, LOL) to the dealership for needed servicing. Exciting times!

Hi Cynthia, welcome back :)  car wise,  I hit reset on the trip odometer on March 12th, since then I've driven less than 500 miles, crazy...  our insurance company is going to refund part of our premium due to low miles, you might want to check with yours.

regarding vacations, we're considering going to Lake Las Vegas for a few nights for our Anniversary in a couple of weeks,  we could rent a boat & be on Lake Mead all day, so good social distancing, we figure the room could get cleaned while we are gone, & we could do take out food... I haven't pulley's the trigger on booking it yet, but I think we are going to do it :)

• Like 1

Good morning girls,  vacations? I have  a very close friend who lives in Miami and she and were going to go to the Keys next month.

Plans changed and there is a chance I will be joining her and her family for a Disney trip. Not sure if any

of you know but the protocols have totally changed since Covid......only a certain amount of people are allowed in the

parks per day. And you have to make reservations for the day/date that you are going to be there. 

It would be the first time I would be going ANYWHERE in 9 months😲maybe that is why it feels weird...........

• Like 3

Oh, I live about 2 hours from Orlando so would be driving and we would be staying at a place

called BlueGreen Vacations, Acsend Resort Collection.  I have a room booked (refundable deposit) so I have

time to make a final decision.  

• Like 2

We were planning on driving up to the mountains for a little leaf peeping but DH has pulled/torn a muscle across his hip flexor (how?  Who knows) making sitting very uncomfortable so no ride for us (unless I set him up in the backseat with pillows & blankets. 

I must  be the only person that doesn’t like pumpkin anything...now apple I can get behind

good afternoon!

I had my appointment with my stylist today.  It had been 2 months - she was the one who had the hernia done.  We caught up on everything while processing my colors (natural brown on roots, a little touchup on the red, and added some chocolate stripes).  She said fire at the bottom of the canyon was burning away and up, so I decided since I showered and had my hair done, I'd truck on down to Trader Joe's.  Yes, pumpkin time has arrived!  Picked up the cream cheese and pumpkin pretzels.  They also have a heavenly Vanilla Pumpkin candle as well as my all time fave, the Honeycrisp Apple candle.  I was a very good girl and stayed away from the pumpkin kringle and the pumpkin ice cream and  other goodies.  BUT, they had jars of Apple Cider Fruit Spread that called to me.  Also picked up some dried apple rings - a favorite of mine forever.    I could see the fire up in the next canyon over at the bottom - no containment yet.  

OOTD:  my Athleta cammo Tshirt, Athleta gray running skirt.  No hat 'cause my stylist did an awesome job!  

Later!

• Like 1

Kat, it feels so good when you get your hair done. Your stylist came back quickly.

My stylist was riding her bike & was hit by a Nissan Armada (she weighs about 95 lbs). Luckily the guy that hit her stayed with her until ambulance picked her up. Shoulder, clavicle, broken ribs, concussion, totally broke her helmet  she was wearing all neon colors at 10am.  She’s very lucky to be alive. Interestingly his insurance agent told her to get a good lawyer that his guy was definitely at major fault (her son recorded the conversation). 

18 hours ago, awhfy said:

Kat, it feels so good when you get your hair done. Your stylist came back quickly.

My stylist was riding her bike & was hit by a Nissan Armada (she weighs about 95 lbs). Luckily the guy that hit her stayed with her until ambulance picked her up. Shoulder, clavicle, broken ribs, concussion, totally broke her helmet  she was wearing all neon colors at 10am.  She’s very lucky to be alive. Interestingly his insurance agent told her to get a good lawyer that his guy was definitely at major fault (her son recorded the conversation). 

My stylist is a fierce beast!  She's been through a shipload (nod to CC) of illnesses, diseases, accidents, and always comes out of them.  She just had one umblical hernia to get done - her scar is about an inch long.  It's just about right where you would bend to sit down/get up.  She said she was totally miserable the first week - she tried to go camping with friends, but she wasn't comfortable at all.  But, no special diet, no nothing other than watch your incision for infection.  Lucky her!  

I am sooo sorry about your stylist!  That was a horrible accident.  Yes, a lawyer is unfortunately needed nowadays as insurance copmanies will do whatver they can to give the smallest amount they can.   

To the CCers in FL:  I just saw this morning that you all are 100% open now with no local public health ordinances overriding the state proclamation.  PLEASE be careful!!   As much as I have been wary to venture out where I live, with the mask mandate and all, I cannot imagine wanting to go out anywhere at all in FL.  I'll keep good thoughts for you all!!

I had some of my TJ's Pumpkin Pecan Oatmeal for breakfast.  Yummy.  I should go back and buy a case of it, since it's just a seasonal thing and my favorite oatmeal.  And, I had a pumpkin mini-biscotti to dip in my coffee.   No pumpkin for dinner - It'll be the arugula salad with lemon dressing and the rest of the chicken breast I used last night for that salad.   I will say that yesterday was the first time in a LONG time that my final tab at TJ's was not a "holy crap" moment, but just a "woah" moment.  

Nothing on the agenda today.  Have fun all y'all!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

My stylist is a fierce beast!  She's been through a shipload (nod to CC) of illnesses, diseases, accidents, and always comes out of them.  She just had one umblical hernia to get done - her scar is about an inch long.  It's just about right where you would bend to sit down/get up.  She said she was totally miserable the first week - she tried to go camping with friends, but she wasn't comfortable at all.  But, no special diet, no nothing other than watch your incision for infection.  Lucky her!  

I am sooo sorry about your stylist!  That was a horrible accident.  Yes, a lawyer is unfortunately needed nowadays as insurance copmanies will do whatver they can to give the smallest amount they can.   

To the CCers in FL:  I just saw this morning that you all are 100% open now with no local public health ordinances overriding the state proclamation.  PLEASE be careful!!   As much as I have been wary to venture out where I live, with the mask mandate and all, I cannot imagine wanting to go out anywhere at all in FL.  I'll keep good thoughts for you all!!

I had some of my TJ's Pumpkin Pecan Oatmeal for breakfast.  Yummy.  I should go back and buy a case of it, since it's just a seasonal thing and my favorite oatmeal.  And, I had a pumpkin mini-biscotti to dip in my coffee.   No pumpkin for dinner - It'll be the arugula salad with lemon dressing and the rest of the chicken breast I used last night for that salad.   I will say that yesterday was the first time in a LONG time that my final tab at TJ's was not a "holy crap" moment, but just a "woah" moment.  

Nothing on the agenda today.  Have fun all y'all!

Thanks for the good thoughts, I think we are going to need them!   I don’t understand why it is ok to open everything when our numbers are higher than they were when he closed things🤔.

Just got back from what may be my last trip to Target and Total Wine for awhile.  OOTD: lime green gap tshirt with khakis, flip flops and a coordinated mask.  With eye makeup but best I could do with my hair was a ponytail.

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

19 hours ago, awhfy said:

So sorry about your stylist!  Horrendous injuries, I hope she has an uneventful recovery.   

SherrI🙂

• Like 1

I am happy for the owners who may get to keep their restaurants/bars and the workers who will get a chance to make money again.  We have been going to restaurants since May so I am not concerned.  I can't see any reason to stop going all the places I have been going because the bars and restaurants are fully opened.

• Like 1