Celebrity is celebrating Apex arrival

verizon

28 minutes ago, hcat said:

Very big lack of insight...controlled diabetes and high blood pressure are serious risk factors for any age, Not everyone with diabetes is overweight 

Insulting to seniors..

Hope you always stay as perfect and  young  as you think you are!

This is a repeat to prior post,....added that not all diabetics are overweight.

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1

I have a less pessimistic scenario. My girlfriend came up with this one. So credit where it is due. Let’s assume the apexes have manifested themselves. The “ instant “ testing gizmos will be commercially available. The cruise lines will buy them and deploy them at the embarkation locations. Suites and Zeniths will have one machine for 50 people and the 3rd class steerage will be 1 machine per 1000 folks. Hey isn’t that a traditional approach for ocean travel? OK that was a little sarcastic. I’m sorry. BTW I’m retired law enforcement and we had a convenience store where the microwave repeatedly blew up from people trying to cook their urine samples. So IF the instant testing gizmos are deployed they will have to watch out for fake fingers! Six, etc.

2 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Healthy Seniors will continue to cruise.   If a medical certificate is needed, so be it.

Cruise ships will no longer be a viable alternative to nursing homes or assisted living unless some ships are designated for this population.

Now is the time to lose weight and get your diabetes under control.   We should all aim to be healthy enough to take a cruise in the future.

Dreaming...you must be dreaming...

We should find out what company holds Celebrity cruises ships and logo as security, 2.2 billion, as that will probably be the new owner! If cruising doesn’t start up till the fall or winter will RCL be able to delay payments till ships are filled again?

Hal

14 hours ago, FastandFurious said:

I have a less pessimistic scenario. My girlfriend came up with this one. So credit where it is due. Let’s assume the apexes have manifested themselves. The “ instant “ testing gizmos will be commercially available. The cruise lines will buy them and deploy them at the embarkation locations. Suites and Zeniths will have one machine for 50 people and the 3rd class steerage will be 1 machine per 1000 folks. Hey isn’t that a traditional approach for ocean travel? OK that was a little sarcastic. I’m sorry. BTW I’m retired law enforcement and we had a convenience store where the microwave repeatedly blew up from people trying to cook their urine samples. So IF the instant testing gizmos are deployed they will have to watch out for fake fingers! Six, etc.

I think even if there was a widely available instant test and it was 100% accurate with no false positives or false negatives, you would need to factor in the 14 day incubation period.  By the way, the current COVID- 19 tests being carried out in the US are not at all 100% accurate and that is adding to the current problem.  Read the field reports from the testing labs and what the people are told when they are tested right now.  Lots of inaccuracies reported.