Celebrity is celebrating Apex arrival

verizon

With 💙 from Captain Dimitrios Kafetzis and the whole crew of Celebrity APEX
#Repost @captaintasos
・・・
While the whole World is suffering from an unthinkable pandemic that affects the lives of everyone,our crew have the strength while they are away from their families to send love and most importantly..HOPE.. that all this will pass.. the startup team of Celebrity Apex took this lovely photo and I had to share because it gave me hope
#celebrityapex #celebrityequinox #celebrityedge #celebritymillennium #celebrityinfinity #celebritysummit #celebrityconstellation #celebritysolstice #celebrityeclipse #celebritysilhouette #celebrityreflection #celebritycruises #loveforall #staystrong #thisnightmarewillpass #thinkingofyou #wewillbeback #staystrongcelebritycrew

image.thumb.png.0a1fa5acf8b6e093495d7b29773590af.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I love this! Nice to see some good things happening in the industry, despite the current state of things.

I don't see how they'd be able to socially distance themselves on a ship with it being such a confined space. Plus it's all the same people with nobody new coming or going. If they haven't found coronavirus onboard by now, it seems unlikely they will.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It's really sad.  Looks like a beautiful ship but unlikely she will sail for at least 2 years.  It is likely that RCL will be in receivership or liquidation shortly (no cashflow and high level of debt) and I cannot see people having the confidence to start cruising again for a very long time after the virus is finished.

Edited by farawayatsea
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, farawayatsea said:

It's really sad.  Looks like a beautiful ship but unlikely she will sail for at least 2 years.  It is likely that RCL will be in receivership or liquidation shortly (no cashflow and high level of debt) and I cannot see people having the confidence to start cruising again for a very long time after the virus is finished.

I was thinking the same thing. Just cancelled our May 30th on Apex out of Rome. I'm so sad was really looking forward to my first Mediterranean cruise and put in so much time researching countries and may not happen again.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, sheffield said:

I was just thinking that!

The message sounded sincere and there were many happy faces on deck, but it was  still  bad optics .

Right now, many of us are hunkered down in our homes.... unable to go to our jobs or schools, which are closed down for the next month or so. 

Sadly, we cancelled our Nov APEX cruise a few days ago.

After 2  great cruises on the EDGE, we were looking forward to it...but we are not  taking any chances  ( or cruises) til 2021

"See?  Everything is fine!  Book the Apex now, we'll be forced to cancel the sailing, please don't ask for a refund, take our FCC offer and if that expires its a huge win for us".

Gaslighting at this finest...HOPE???  I HOPE no one gets sick in that picture.

12 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

#Florida Beach Spring Break Optics

Cruise companies missed a huge spring break themed opportunity, could have had cruises to no where, 18-25 year olds only.  That age bracket while not immune has a very low risk to contracting C19 but more importantly, they don't seem to care if they contract it.

Folks,

Such a negative reaction by some.  Captain Dimitrios Kafetzis was just trying to be hopeful.  We don't even know when the photo was taken.  We all need a little hope and positivism in our day right now.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Cruise companies missed a huge spring break themed opportunity, could have had cruises to no where, 18-25 year olds only.  That age bracket while not immune has a very low risk to contracting C19 but more importantly, they don't seem to care if they contract it.

Sorry that age bracket have exactly the same chance of contracting C19. That's the problem in all of this. They may not suffer too much once they have contracted C19 but they can infect others who may not be so lucky.

• Like 10

When I see all the Spring Breakers on the SWF beaches ignoring all the warnings, this is what I think:  It's bad enough that the kids are ignoring the warnings, but most of these kids have parents that paid for their flights, paid for their hotels, paid for their "fun" money.  God forbid their little angels miss a vacation.

Now most beaches in SWF are closed. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, hcat said:

And now the kiddos will head home and may possibly infect others, including possibly the parents!

Or grandparents. I saw that on the news here. Unbelievable stupidity.  I was young and "invincible" once, but fortunately had sensible parents to guide me. 

Such a shame for all cruise lines. Hard to believe we are talking about RCCL like this, but many banks failed during the financial crisis or have never been the same since they were bailed out.  I was looking forward to Apex next year, but will just see how it plays put. 

Phil 

• Like 1

It is a lovely picture but it is immaterial when it was taken, it is highly inappropriate to post it now.

In my small community in the UK, people including those most at risk don't seem to have taken on board the concept of social distancing. The lack of corporate responsibility here by Celebrity is disappointing.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Folks,

Such a negative reaction by some.  Captain Dimitrios Kafetzis was just trying to be hopeful.  We don't even know when the photo was taken.  We all need a little hope and positivism in our day right now.

Regardless when the photo was taken, if you're going to POST this kind of photo this week, I believe the majority would have found positivism in it if they posted this kind of photo displaying social distancing.  Instead I feel sad for the crew.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Regardless when the photo was taken, if you're going to POST this kind of photo this week, I believe the majority would have found positivism in it if they posted this kind of photo displaying social distancing.  Instead I feel sad for the crew.

Iam sure the Apex will be sailing in the Caribbean in November. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Joeghartman said:

we are still holding out for our June sailing on the Apex.

Isn't it in the Mediterranean in June? My Apex cruise ends June 6th in Barcelona but I've now cancelled.

On 3/20/2020 at 10:33 AM, John182 said:

Sorry that age bracket have exactly the same chance of contracting C19. That's the problem in all of this. They may not suffer too much once they have contracted C19 but they can infect others who may not be so lucky.

I agree totally. Unfortunately, the messaging from the outset heavily emphasized the threat to seniors and often failed to differentiate between the possibility of contracting the virus and the possibility of serious or fatal consequences. That has started to change, but may take time to sink in.

On 3/20/2020 at 10:14 AM, TeeRick said:

Folks,

I think we need more common sense than hope and positivism.

Common sense can save your life.  Hope and positivism may help your psyche but little else.  You won't need your psyche if you didn't save your life.

• Like 1