P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

6 minutes ago, ann141 said:

Did anyone watch Strictly tonight? I loved Maisies dance and think Clara should be next to go.Would love to be on a Strictly cruise with Craig onboard

I thought Maisie was good and Clara should go. 

I still like Bill though, despite his couple of mistakes. I wish I had his energy. 

Andy 

• Like 5

My  surname has another meaning if spelt a different way!.I have heard all sort of odd pronounciations when people phone and ask to speak to me .I am sure that they think  if they pronounce it how it sounds that I will be embarrassed.It makes me laugh the variations they come up with!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

I thought Maisie was good and Clara should go. 

I still like Bill though, despite his couple of mistakes. I wish I had his energy. 

Andy 

I wish I had Bills energy too.I think he is great but this week I preferred Maisies dance, though not keen on her as a person as I think she's a bit full of herself.I think Clara will be in the dance off but no idea who will be with her?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ann141 said:

I wish I had Bills energy too.I think he is great but this week I preferred Maisies dance, though not keen on her as a person as I think she's a bit full of herself.I think Clara will be in the dance off but no idea who will be with her?

Absolutely agree Ann which is why Maisie has probably been in dance off two weeks running. My bet would be Jamie and Clara in dance off.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Working in a bank, we had several customers who had amusing names.

My personal favourite  was a woman called Mercedes Window. I used to wonder if she had a friend called BMW Door.

There was also another favourite, and I'm not sure if CC will censor it, but I'll try it anyway. It was Mr Wanklyn, although he pronounced if Ranklyn 

I worked in a bank branch where we had Mr R Kidd  as a customer. The manager would sometimes come out of his office and ask "Has R Kidd paid in today?"

(One for us Northerners) 😉

Edited by DamianG
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, ann141 said:

My  surname has another meaning if spelt a different way!.I have heard all sort of odd pronounciations when people phone and ask to speak to me .I am sure that they think  if they pronounce it how it sounds that I will be embarrassed.It makes me laugh the variations they come up with!!

Mrs Bucket springs to mind.. 😊

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

Hoping everyone is well. I know last time I was on here graham and andy weren’t too good

was hoping to book for 2022 but the prices seem to have shot up after the vaccine announcement was made. 

do we think July 2021 will still go ahead? 

Thanks Vampiress.

Day 23 since covid19 symptoms started.

I feel a lot better now and fortunately Pauline has been fine.

Graham.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

Hoping everyone is well. I know last time I was on here graham and andy weren’t too good

was hoping to book for 2022 but the prices seem to have shot up after the vaccine announcement was made. 

I'm all good thank you, its nice to hear from you. 

July is a possibility, but I wouldn't bank on it.. 

The truth is, nobody knows, it can all change so quickly. 

Andy 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ann141 said:

It might be difficult to arrange a meet up for everyone but I would like to think that if I joined a CC Roll Call (for cruises in the future)and I recognised a name or 2, we could arrange a meet up on the ship?

If roll-calls have more than one or two people CC meets are normally arranged and in the daily programme.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

If roll-calls have more than one or two people CC meets are normally arranged and in the daily programme.

Thank you.Personally I preferred the informal meet ups that members of the CC Roll call arranged (I met you at one on Arcadia a few years ago)but still go to the general meet ups organised by P and O.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

I don’t want to contradict but the only time I have seen a CC roll call meet up in the daily programme was our last cruise when I organised the meet up on Arcadia because we had a decent size roll call. Ship staff were excellent in providing a room near the Crows Nest and putting it in the daily programme. Others have been arranged between us in the roll call thread in one of the bars with no P&O involvement.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, pete14 said:

I don’t want to contradict but the only time I have seen a CC roll call meet up in the daily programme was our last cruise when I organised the meet up on Arcadia because we had a decent size roll call. Ship staff were excellent in providing a room near the Crows Nest and putting it in the daily programme. Others have been arranged between us in the roll call thread in one of the bars with no P&O involvement.

P and O don't advertise it as a CC meet up- just a general one.A few years ago I organised a CC meet up and asked for details to be put in 'Horizon' A first time cruiser came along thinking it was a meeting for anyone with complaints!!(They stayed and came along to a second meet up!)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Vampiress.

Day 23 since covid19 symptoms started.

I feel a lot better now and fortunately Pauline has been fine.

Graham.

glad your feeling better and Pauline didn’t get it. Do miss all the good photos you’ve been posting in past

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

glad your feeling better and Pauline didn’t get it. Do miss all the good photos you’ve been posting in past

Thank you.

This was a couple of days ago at Seaham beach car park.

We got McDonald's breakfasts and coffee and sat in the car looking out to sea.

IMG_20201127_101724.jpg

• Like 3

Well yesterday afternoon’s postings were a tonic! Regarding funny names it’s funny how many Bank stories are being told! 
Years and years ago I worked in a branch and our Assistant Manager had an ‘hilarious’ friend phone for him and when the poor girl asked who was calling he said ‘Ben Dover’ 😀

Back to the post- I’ve just had a delivery- on a Sunday!! Made me jump as there was quite a lot! I’ve just been out for a walk and from across the road I saw the postman. I called across and asked why he was working on a Sunday. He said our local office is so behind they’ve offered overtime! One of the letters I got was dated 23rd!

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

Hello Vamps, hope you’re well.

Are your girls doing ok at school? Lots of schools round here keep sending the odd class or year group home, very frustrating for everyone.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, P&O SUE said:

Well yesterday afternoon’s postings were a tonic! Regarding funny names it’s funny how many Bank stories are being told! 
Years and years ago I worked in a branch and our Assistant Manager had an ‘hilarious’ friend phone for him and when the poor girl asked who was calling he said ‘Ben Dover’ 😀

Back to the post- I’ve just had a delivery- on a Sunday!! Made me jump as there was quite a lot! I’ve just been out for a walk and from across the road I saw the postman. I called across and asked why he was working on a Sunday. He said our local office is so behind they’ve offered overtime! One of the letters I got was dated 23rd!

That’s interesting, Sue. We’ve been having problems with our mail too, and they’re missing the entire round out at least once a week because there’s nobody to cover the postman’s days off.

• Like 2

Ooh I nearly forgot, went for a walk yesterday to drop my prescription off at GP’s and noticed the lovely cafe/bakery was open for a takeaway! (Nutmegs for the locals)
So I went in and got this to take home- yummy! Also got a box for my parents and dropped it off on their doorstep which they were very pleased about. 

7A29205D-8E94-4A09-A844-0453E98C360E.jpeg

• Like 10