P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

5 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

It is a first for us but I see it becoming our future winter getaway. The long cruises to the Caribbean in winter are great but getting a bit soso now.

Our November break in Lanza, 3 weeks in villa with private pool, flights and car hire works out at less than 50% of the price of two weeks in the Caribbean in a balcony cabin.

I appreciate that they are totally different types of holidays,  but the pricing differential is marked. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, wowzz said:

Which is why we like self catering !

I like self catering in the UK too - as long as there’s no catering involved! We always use hotels if it’s just the two of us, but if the children and their partners tag along, self catering is great value for money. 

Just now, Ardennais said:

I like self catering in the UK too - as long as there’s no catering involved! We always use hotels if it’s just the two of us, but if the children and their partners tag along, self catering is great value for money. 

We do very little catering - eat out a lot, but a fair amount of takeaways as well, when we don't feel like going out, or have already opened the second bottle of red !

• Like 2

Just now, wowzz said:

We do very little catering - eat out a lot, but a fair amount of takeaways as well, when we don't feel like going out, or have already opened the second bottle of red !

There’s often a bottle of wine in the ‘welcome pack’ and it’s always still there when we leave! We tend to go for seaside properties or bang in the middle of towns/cities because that makes a change for us. No point going for a rural retreat - because we live in one already! It’s more of a treat being able to walk to a restaurant or cinema etc. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Our November break in Lanza, 3 weeks in villa with private pool, flights and car hire works out at less than 50% of the price of two weeks in the Caribbean in a balcony cabin.

I appreciate that they are totally different types of holidays,  but the pricing differential is marked. 

Getting a bit silly. 2 weeks cruise with premium seats and a balcony. £6k.🤔

• Like 1

Morning everyone,

Not sure what the weather is deciding to do today! Earlier it was a black as the ace of spades looking out the back but the sun shining in the front. We now have a light cloud covering, and the sun's gone into hiding. So we will just hae to wait and see.

Meeting a couple of friends for coffee a bit later, will be nice to have a catch up as I haven't seen one of them since before the beginning of the pandemic. 

Hope everyone has a lovely day and stay safe.

Pam 

• Like 5

Skip has now gone so getting back to some semblance of normality as was blocking drive.

The skip driver had just completed all his checks when an ambulance under blue lights came along, as he was part blocking road he had to quickly undo everything and park up to allow ambulance to pass. 

Starting to put things back now, but started to rain so will leave putting back patio furniture until tomorrow or Friday. 

Checked greenhouse thermometer said max temp had been 50C and minimum was -50F, no panic there has been no extremes of temperature, current temperature read “iLL” appears the battery needed replacing. 

I have been out for lunch with one of my friends.  It is the first time that we have been out for over a year because she has serious health issues and has been avoiding going out but has decided that she wants to start getting back to a normal life.  It made a lovely change to go somewhere other than one of our homes to meet up.

• Like 11

Morning all grey but hopeful of sun later. Taxi booked for lunch out so looking forward to sitting in Holkham for a bit. Also we seem to be already getting holiday folks down I presume ready for half term.

14 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I have been out for lunch with one of my friends.  It is the first time that we have been out for over a year because she has serious health issues and has been avoiding going out but has decided that she wants to start getting back to a normal life.  It made a lovely change to go somewhere other than one of our homes to meet up.

It's  good to have catch ups friends, and glad to hear that you had a good time.

When I looked out of the window this morning I could have believed that summer had arrived but as soon as I stepped out side I knew that winter was still here. We have clear blue sky, no clouds and bright sunshine.

I have woken up with a recurrence of an eye problem that I have had for several years, I have called the optician and have an emergency appointment for 11 o'clock.

Just now, Josy1953 said:

Back from the optician, he is going to refer me to the eye hospital again.  He gave me a prescription for eye drops which the pharmacy doesn’t have in stock but they will get them for tomorrow morning.

I hope all will be well for you Josy.x

Avril