P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

24 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I don't honestly know what 'it' is bro,  but it keeps hanging on and we keep testing negative so.....?? 

Sis

Sorry to hear that sis,wish you both well soon,bro.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

I don’t know if all this time off for covid has made me thick tbh

its asking me to check in- if I do and I put a card on it like it asks, can I changed the card at a later stage? 

You can change your card anytime you want, right up to check in, and you could possibly change it on board again if you wanted.

22 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

We're slowly getting there thank you Harry. We're still not quite right, but each time we begin to feel better 'it' whatever it is, comes around for another swipe at us. 

Avril

Best wishes to you & Frank, get well soon.

Damian

What’s the dining situation on Britannia. Got a select fare so haven’t been able to choose. 
will they tell us if we are sharing etc? 
not sure anyone will want to be with us with kids. 
Or is the app still going and we can say how many there is of us. 

9 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

What’s the dining situation on Britannia. Got a select fare so haven’t been able to choose. 

Is Lauren paying for ALL the ice cream.?🤔

28 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

You might be surprised.  Your kids are well behaved, from what you've said before, and well behaved children are a pleasure, and usually great fun because of the things they come up with.

Out of control ones though are a nightmare!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

If I had to share, I think I’d prefer to share with a family with young children! Children are great company! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

We had the 'Double Diamond' grape in Romford Brian. 

The town always smelled like cornflakes with hot milk when the brewery was there... 

Andy 

That must be a southern speciality Andy, corn flakes with hot milk is never going to catch on in Gods own country.

• Haha 1

Cool and cloudy with some light rain later in the day here. As no decorators in the house today, I was, as usual, at the museum today doing my theatre archiving. After lunch went for a wander around the Country Park in case the weather is not very cooperative over the next few days. It was nice to see many of the trees and bushes greening up or coming out in bud/blossom. Also an abundance of wildlife around the lake.

Sending good wishes to all those feeling unwell.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

We had the 'Double Diamond' grape in Romford Brian. 

The town always smelled like cornflakes with hot milk when the brewery was there... 

Andy 

Lol Andy,remember the song on the telly "Double Diamond works wonders,so drink some today".I'm still waiting.

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, brian1 said:

5-10 miles a day.No wonder they've got little legs.Did they used to be Great Danes.On a different note,I remember camping with our friends at Wells next to sea in 1990.5 days in a heatwave,2 couples and 4 kids,paradise.We used to order a whole salmon from the town and pick it up coming off the beach and bbq it later,great time.Brian.

My Brother is 6 foot 6inches and walks like a soldier on double quick time. They surprisingly keep up but the mere sight of him has them running for the hills. However like all dachsies they do firmly believe they were Great Danes in a previous life. Ooh that has me thinking about Wells. There used to be an open fronted fishmongers in Staithe Street is that the one? I can't remember if it is there now or moved to the top near the butchers but that will give me something to look for next week. When I regularly rented a flat in the Granary late 90s to 2010 I used to love an amble up Staithe Street but now its usually heaving and not so much room just to mooch.

10 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

Currently 1°C and sunny.

We had a thin covering of snow this morning and ice in my car windscreen.

Take care.

Graham.

Bright and sunny but very cold here in Dorset. Winter has returned!

• Like 1

Crazy British weather !  Last week sunning ourselves on the patio, looking out today at snow and ice !

The comments on breweries brought back memories of the 60's when I used to work odd days, when on leave from the RN, in the  Truman, Hanbury and Buxton brewery in Brick Lane. They would employ casual labour on a daily basis, hard work and good fun and we could fill a milk bottle up with bitter to quench our thirsts !

• Like 6

Got up early to to closing stages of ICC Womens Cricket Semi Final, temperature outside was -3C, in the distance I can see snow on the mountains in Wales, car was frozen over following lasts nights snow showers only a week ago we were basking in temperatures in the high teens or low 20s. 

It’s warming up now it’s reached 0! 

As for the cricket England’s Women have reached the final and will play Australia on Sunday. Congratulations 👏 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ardennais said:

If I had to share, I think I’d prefer to share with a family with young children! Children are great company! 

id be worried. Littlest has no filter

She said to her nan the other day “dad gives mum lots of back rubs” 

don’t think my face has ever been as red

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

id be worried. Littlest has no filter

She said to her nan the other day “dad gives mum lots of back rubs” 

don’t think my face has ever been as red

Nothing would shock me having worked with children for over 30 years! The things they come out with!! 

3 hours ago, ccpm said:

My Brother is 6 foot 6inches and walks like a soldier on double quick time. They surprisingly keep up but the mere sight of him has them running for the hills. However like all dachsies they do firmly believe they were Great Danes in a previous life. Ooh that has me thinking about Wells. There used to be an open fronted fishmongers in Staithe Street is that the one? I can't remember if it is there now or moved to the top near the butchers but that will give me something to look for next week. When I regularly rented a flat in the Granary late 90s to 2010 I used to love an amble up Staithe Street but now its usually heaving and not so much room just to mooch.

TBH I don't remember but it was a good fishmonger,I think we even ordered a crab or lobster.The day we arrived Iraq invaded Kuwait that's how I remember the time.It was great playing runouts with the kids in the pine forest behind the beach which was one of the best beaches I've even been to.Cheers,Brian.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, brian1 said:

TBH I don't remember but it was a good fishmonger,I think we even ordered a crab or lobster.The day we arrived Iraq invaded Kuwait that's how I remember the time.It was great playing runouts with the kids in the pine forest behind the beach which was one of the best beaches I've even been to.Cheers,Brian.

Wells is still a lovely place, even more popular than ever. Trouble is, that whole North Norfolk area has been discovered by the Chelsea set, and it’s changing. I’ve a friend who moved there in the 70s when it was affordable and everyone knew each other. Too many empty houses now, it’s killing the vitality of the place, and his house is now worth so much he calls it his pension scheme!

• Like 1