P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

19 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I always try the reset feature before having it checked out by a garage. If the problem is real the warning light will reocurr, but if it's just a software glitch you can save yourself money.

Driving over the mountains in Calabria the first time in our brand new Vauxhall,the orange emissions light came on.By the time we got to an Opel garage and got checked under warranty it had reset itself.So lesson learned altitude affects emissions sensors.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

'Is this the way to Amarillo'? 😊

39 minutes ago, brian1 said:

"Driving home for Christmas"?

I bought a sat nav with Jon Bon Jovi installed,

very handy as it  always let's you know when your half way there :classic_unsure:

• Haha 15

I prefer the song 

We Are Sailing.

It was a frosty -2°C at daylight but is now 4°C and sunny.

I hope everyone is well and not stuck in traffic jams or flight delays/cancellations.

Take care and stay safe everyone 😷.

Graham

• Like 5

Took a trip into Penzance to run a few errands and bumped into several people that I haven't seen for a while, so it wasn't quite the quick trip I hoped for.

Needed petrol too, but although there were queues at Tescos I didn't have to queue as the queue was forming as they didn't have diesel at all their pumps and I wanted petrol so was almost able to drive straight in. I only noticed a queue at Sainsburys, but not at any of the other petrol stations that I drove past either on way in or out of town. So seems to be localised!

Doesn't feel as cold out as the temp is showing, 7oC, perhaps as it's sunny and there's very little wind.

Listening to the car radio they're advising everyone to be cautious as the infection rate is high and on the increase. Most people in the shops still seem to be wearing marks. 

Hope everyone is feeling well and those that are poorly are on the road to recovery.

Take care.

Pam 

• Like 6

Its crisp here today but quite bright.

The utility is done and looks a treat just the wallpaper chap to come in a week or so. The main man says he hopes to be back late June to do the work that I now have had the official letter stating it  does not need planning permission it can be done under permitted development. I did a pre-planning application so I knew that was the case and booked the builder then. I love a project.

2 hours ago, lincslady said:

I am now having to pay £3 a time for supermarket deliveries - but think it would cost me at least that to drive there.

Waitrose?  I’m surprised they haven’t introduced a delivery pass like the others. Once you’ve got one of those, the temptation to go elsewhere and pay for delivery’s reduced somewhat.

• Like 2

They just suit me perfectly, for various reasons.  This was only introduced recently.  They now have weekly special offers tailored to customers, giving money off things you buy regularly.  This week I have got 7 small bananas for £1 off and butter for £2 off, which I suppose pays for the delivery. Sometimes it is £5 off a large pack of bog  roll, or £3 off my large bag of coffee.  Their delivery people are all friendly, bring the boxes in for me to unload on the kitchen table, and if I have the occasional substitute it is often better than the order.  And usually turn up at the beginning of the appointed hour.  I know they are pricy, but I am afraid I am being a bit self-indulgent now I am on my own, and find going to the shops difficult.  A real boon for someone ancient, but who can cope with ordering online.

• Like 6

I’ve had an email from P&O - instead of a sea day then a day in Zeebrugge we’re now docking late afternoon the first day so having an overnight in Zeebrugge!

I doubt we’ll get off because it’s not in the centre of town and it’s formal night so I want to enjoy dinner on the ship.

This means though we have to re-do our PLF as we’re arriving in Belgium a day early - argh! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kalos said:

Thinking of updating my cars fuel gauge :classic_unsure:

59428.jpg.09833e645626fe4896be8ff671db6d37.jpg

If nothing else, having Covid and being home since last Thursday has saved us a fortune in fuel ------ every cloud eh !

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

If nothing else, having Covid and being home since last Thursday has saved us a fortune in fuel ------ every cloud eh !

We used to joke about people filling their cars up with fuel and doubling its value

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Anyone else see a certain irony here?

Update from the Food Standards Agency 8 April 2022

Food alert – 8 April 2022:
Tesco recalls Tesco Free from Digestive Biscuits because they may contain small pieces of metal
Read more: https://www.food.gov.uk/news-alerts/alert/fsa-prin-24-2022

Magnetic Biscuits :classic_unsure: :classic_ohmy:

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Anyone else see a certain irony here?

Update from the Food Standards Agency 8 April 2022

Food alert – 8 April 2022:
Tesco recalls Tesco Free from Digestive Biscuits because they may contain small pieces of metal
Read more: https://www.food.gov.uk/news-alerts/alert/fsa-prin-24-2022

I can see the irony in it Harry.😁

Avril

Pleased to say that the last of my work in the house was completed yesterday when the new vinyl was laid in the ensuite. Spent some time yesterday getting my house in order 😀. Furniture all where it should be now and starting to unpack everything slowly.

Today was cool and sunny. I met up with a friend in St Albans and we had a light lunch before going to St Albans Abbey so that I coul have an Alban Bun. These are reputed to be THE original Hot Cross Bun, originated in 1361 by Brother Thomas Roecliffe, a monk at the Abbey who handed them out to the poor on Good Friday.

My friend is very knowledgeable on the Abbey, so then gave me a guided tour.

Have attached two photos of the Abbey. Did them separately and have no idea why one is on its side and one upside down. I really give up with this site at times....

20220408_163814.jpg

20220408_164401.jpg

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Britboys said:

Pleased to say that the last of my work in the house was completed yesterday when the new vinyl was laid in the ensuite. Spent some time yesterday getting my house in order 😀. Furniture all where it should be now and starting to unpack everything slowly.

Today was cool and sunny. I met up with a friend in St Albans and we had a light lunch before going to St Albans Abbey so that I coul have an Alban Bun. These are reputed to be THE original Hot Cross Bun, originated in 1361 by Brother Thomas Roecliffe, a monk at the Abbey who handed them out to the poor on Good Friday.

My friend is very knowledgeable on the Abbey, so then gave me a guided tour.

Have attached two photos of the Abbey. Did them separately and have no idea why one is on its side and one upside down. I really give up with this site at times....

20220408_163814.jpg

20220408_164401.jpg

Is that where they film Downton Abbey?

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Joking aside,I have the same problem Andrew but my scenery pics are ok.Just pics of myself end up upside down sometimes.

A possible cure :classic_unsure: nef-ima50554.jpg.c9258778a473c1117f56379b4759f190.jpg a nice photo of you sat in a tree :classic_wink:

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Britboys said:

That's very interesting. My DH is St Albans born & bred but he had not heard of the Alban Bun so we are going to pop into the Abbey next week and try one!  Thanks for the info.

Good to hear that the work on your house is finished - now you can enjoy it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Is that where they film Downton Abbey?

Downton Abbey is filmed at Highclere castle near Newbury about 35 miles north of Southampton.

We had a lovely day there last August with a guided tour of the castle.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1