P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

We took our Sarah out for dinner tonight at our favourite Italian restaurant in Newcastle.

Graham.

IMG_20220520_185440.jpg

IMG_20220520_185456.jpg

IMG_20220520_191338.jpg

IMG_20220520_191355.jpg

Your food aways looks delicious.

I never remember to take photos of my food.  I was out for a girly lunch today which was lovely but sadly no pictures.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, delgirl said:

Thank you to everyone for your good wishes it is much appreciated. I have good news and bad. My cancer is not in any organs but has spread to other bones. Small 1 in my left hip, 1 in my rib, and base of my skull (although not sure if that was there before as they said from neck down) It could have been a lot worse. Given me some extra tablets and I have to have an injection once a month to stop my bones from disintegrating. Got to take it one step at a time as it all depends how well I respond to treatment. He told my daughter that if I responded well I could have years. Exactly the same thing my husbands haematologist told us. Its all in the lap of the gods. Onwards and Upwards.

Im also pleased for your results delgirl in that it hasn’t spread to your organs , hoping you respond to treatment and you’ll have many , many, many many, more years , you sound a very positive person and you have my very best wishes and be positive as you say onwards and upwards.

• Like 5

I have an appointment with the optician this morning for my annual check up, my least favourite thing to do.  I hate the drops that they use so that they can check my PVD. 

I know that I will come out of there with a big hole in my bank account because my eyes are so bad that I have to pay for ultra thin lenses.

• Like 4

Delgirl - your update sounds heartening.  Good luck to you and your husband.  I wish you much happy time together

I’ve no news or anything important to say except Bon Voyage to those boarding today.  I know of Sharon, Dave and Sarah, there are probably others I’ve missed.  Smooth seas and sunshine to you all

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Post just arrived including the 4th mail shot from P&O in the last week, must be costing them a fortune in postage and printing. 

Same here, we were having a quick look and Mrs YP said "I thought we were going on Arcadia to the Caribbean in November, it says Aurora here" clearly an error, unless of course they are selling Arcadia and swapping the cruise to Aurora and bumping them off, easy to see how rumours start.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Bit of a frustrating day so far today. I'm on standby waiting for a friend to get the all-clear from hospital so that he can be discharged. I'll then be driving him back to his home. I don't mind that at all but it does limit what you can do.

On the - sort of - positive side, I paid the balance for my Aurora cruise and booked the CPS parking, so looks like I've committed myself to going on it. Wish I could garner some enthusiasm though.

On the frustrating side, I've lost my credit card somewhere in the house. I absolutely know I had it when chatting to the lady up in Derbyshire but cannot find it anywhere... Going to have to take the home office apart....

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Post just arrived including the 4th mail shot from P&O in the last week, must be costing them a fortune in postage and printing. 

Ditto, that and a flood of emails almost daily.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pine Man said:

No whites 😱

In our area we play crown green and none of the teams play in whites.  A lot of the teams in the ladies league have a uniform.  The ladies team that I play for wear black trousers and a deep pink polo shirt, though if the weather is hot we sometimes bowl in shorts rather than trousers.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, delgirl said:

Thank you to everyone for your good wishes it is much appreciated. I have good news and bad. My cancer is not in any organs but has spread to other bones. Small 1 in my left hip, 1 in my rib, and base of my skull (although not sure if that was there before as they said from neck down) It could have been a lot worse. Given me some extra tablets and I have to have an injection once a month to stop my bones from disintegrating. Got to take it one step at a time as it all depends how well I respond to treatment. He told my daughter that if I responded well I could have years. Exactly the same thing my husbands haematologist told us. Its all in the lap of the gods. Onwards and Upwards.

Thoughts and prayers with you both us Prestos

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Booked another P&O cruise yesterday.

We have done 23 P&O cruises to date.

We liked Iona better than Anthem of the seas.

We moved our October Iona Canaries cruise to a Britannia med cruise. It goes to a couple of ports that we haven't visited. Perhaps Iona again next year, or maybe Arvia. We go on Anthem in September, we are way behind you in cruise numbers. We go up a grade after the next RC, so will get some free drinks.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We moved our October Iona Canaries cruise to a Britannia med cruise. It goes to a couple of ports that we haven't visited. Perhaps Iona again next year, or maybe Arvia. We go on Anthem in September, we are way behind you in cruise numbers. We go up a grade after the next RC, so will get some free drinks.

Diamond get 4 free drinks each.

Diamond plus (us) get 5 free drinks each.

Pinnacle get 6 free drinks each.

The coffee machine in the Diamond Lounge makes nice coffee.

North Star was an experience and the dodgem cars were fun.

The windjammer food was a little disappointing but Chops grill was nice.

Our D+ buy one get one free in chops for the first night and second night cost us $65 total each night but full price of $130 per night was a bit steep for those without D+loyalty benefits

When are you on Anthem?

3 hours ago, zap99 said:

Sorry to read you have cancelled Iona in October, we are booked on that Canary cruise, we could have met up for a drink or three.

• Like 1

Even though my P&O account gives permission for contact by e-mail, phone or post have not had anything of any form from P&O whether it be e-mail, Moments magazine or Peninsular Club Calendar last Christmas. I keep contacting them by PM on Facebook and they say they will sort it but nothing ever changes.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Diamond get 4 free drinks each.

Diamond plus (us) get 5 free drinks each.

Pinnacle get 6 free drinks each.

The coffee machine in the Diamond Lounge makes nice coffee.

North Star was an experience and the dodgem cars were fun.

The windjammer food was a little disappointing but Chops grill was nice.

Our D+ buy one get one free in chops for the first night and second night cost us $65 total each night but full price of $130 per night was a bit steep for those without D+loyalty benefits

When are you on Anthem?

4th September. We will wait for a deal before we book chops. We go on Celebrity in July. Their speciality package is £40pp. Ouch. Definitely waiting for a deal. It makes epicurean look like a bargain . Diamond after the next one. I think that makes us Elite on Celebrity, but we only need one more on NCL to move up. Decisions, Decisions.🤣

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

Sorry to read you have cancelled Iona in October, we are booked on that Canary cruise, we could have met up for a drink or three.

DW fancied the Britannia med cruise so I didn't have much choice. Graham will probably be on yours.🤣

• Like 1

8 hours ago, zap99 said:

4th September. We will wait for a deal before we book chops. We go on Celebrity in July. Their speciality package is £40pp. Ouch. Definitely waiting for a deal. It makes epicurean look like a bargain . Diamond after the next one. I think that makes us Elite on Celebrity, but we only need one more on NCL to move up. Decisions, Decisions.🤣

3 day Speciality restaurant package from $101pp 

7 day speciality from $219pp includes lunch in speciality restaurant on sea days.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, zap99 said:

Wait until you see the price of the excursions and wine if you think that is a shock 😉

Having said that, still love our Celebrity fix but just saving it now for special occasions like big birthdays or retirement when it arrives. (Then after that won't be able to afford it !!!!!!)

• Like 3