P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

11 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Thanks for the info. In your experience do you know what the deciding factor is whether surgery or cream is the treatment?

I assume it is the size of the BCC. The dermatologist tells me if it needs surgery or six weeks of applying the cream, Bescallex imiquimod, Monday to Friday, rest days at the weekend ! The cream burns the BCC, not the skin, very clever.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Frank too, he's on Pizotifen. It doen't stop them completely, but he maybe only has a couple a year instead of 3 or 4 a month and they aren't as severe. His are a result of an accident at work years ago. Nasty things.

Avril

It is Pizotifen that I take and I rarely have a migraine now.  I don't think that people realise how debilitating migraines can be.  I think that mine are stress related because I have suffered less since I retired.  

• Like 2

Keep getting logged out if I go away from site for a few minutes, is this “new feature”?

Just had almost an hour of heavy rain and squally winds, we are just on the edge of the Yellow Warning, but now the are large patches of blue sky and occasional glimpse of the ☀️ 

Starting to plan some events for OH big birthday next year, hints of return to Carcassonne have been dropped a few times in the last 6 months, so best get looking if I don’t want to be in the proverbial doghouse, it’s been a while since we stayed in that part of France. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Keep getting logged out if I go away from site for a few minutes, is this “new feature”?

Just had almost an hour of heavy rain and squally winds, we are just on the edge of the Yellow Warning, but now the are large patches of blue sky and occasional glimpse of the ☀️ 

Starting to plan some events for OH big birthday next year, hints of return to Carcassonne have been dropped a few times in the last 6 months, so best get looking if I don’t want to be in the proverbial doghouse, it’s been a while since we stayed in that part of France. 

Carcassonne is one of our favourite places to visit, although we haven’t been  for quite a few years.

• Like 1

Well, it’s 7 weeks until my parent’s next cruise and mum has broken her foot again today!

It’s the same foot, but not the same bone as earlier this year. She under strict instructions to rest it completely as it took months to heal last time.

12 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Well, it’s 7 weeks until my parent’s next cruise and mum has broken her foot again today!

It’s the same foot, but not the same bone as earlier this year. She under strict instructions to rest it completely as it took months to heal last time.

Oh no. Bet you couldn’t believe she has had a similar mishap again.

Hopefully there is time for it to heal sufficiently before next cruise.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

That's 2 bones down and 24 to go if she's going for the full house 😕

Hope she's fit enough to go away.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Oh no. Bet you couldn’t believe she has had a similar mishap again.

Hopefully there is time for it to heal sufficiently before next cruise.

14 minutes ago, kalos said:

That's 2 bones down and 24 to go if she's going for the full house 😕

Hope she's fit enough to go away.

Thank you, we won’t be with them to help if she’s in a wheelchair for this cruise and they’re travelling with friends with mobility issues.

We absolutely can’t believe she’s done it twice in the same year!

Kalos, let’s hope she stops at 2, she’s had several telling off this evening 😂

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Good heavens Sarah, not again. Your poor Mum.  I hope she completely rests it , so it heals enough for her to enjoy her cruise.

Avril

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Goodness, Sarah, that's really bad luck.  What a rotten thing to happen to her again. 

Apologies if this sounds intrusive, but has she been checked for osteoporosis?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Goodness, Sarah, that's really bad luck.  What a rotten thing to happen to her again. 

Apologies if this sounds intrusive, but has she been checked for osteoporosis?  

Not intrusive at all 😊 Yes I’m pretty sure she has been checked for that. Until this year she hadn’t knowingly broken any bones and used to joke that she bounces.

1 hour ago, SarahHben said:

Oh no Sarah.

Sending my good wishes to your dear mam.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SarahHben said:

Oh no!! Your poor mum. Hope she heals quickly for her cruise 

Michelle

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Sorry to hear your Mum's broken her foot again. Hope she does as she's told and rests it also that it heals quickly for her cruise.

Edited by purplesea
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Oh no Sarah! That’s unbelievable, hope she can still enjoy her cruise. I’m not surprised she’s been told off!

Mum’s are stubborn creatures, my mum has a trolley but she falls a lot. She doesn’t hep herself though - she often leaves her trolley a couple of feet from her chair and hurls herself in! Aargh!

• Like 4

11 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Oh dear,  I hope she manages to heal enough to be back on her feet before her cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Hope it heals quickly so your mum has a good cruise

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Oh no Sarah! That’s unbelievable, hope she can still enjoy her cruise. I’m not surprised she’s been told off!

Mum’s are stubborn creatures, my mum has a trolley but she falls a lot. She doesn’t hep herself though - she often leaves her trolley a couple of feet from her chair and hurls herself in! Aargh!

Nightmare!  They don’t like being told 😂
Mum was on her own in the house and climbed on a chair to put something away, stepped down and slipped on the cats feeding mat & went flying 😳

Edited by SarahHben
  • Like 3

My friend, who loves cruising, has not done any since It restarted after COVID restrictions allowed. She had terrible bunions and after years of waiting she finally had one sorted earlier this year. The second one, which was the worst, was done about 6 weeks ago. She was so relieved she booked an Azamara cruise for next March. She then fell whilst getting out of a chair and broke her ankle in two places, one quite badly. Needless to say that cruise is now cancelled and they are looking at next July. She is quite down about the whole thing and I feel really bad as just before this accident we were talking about our three booked cruises for next year. She is a brilliant friend and looks after our cat when we go away but I feel really sad for her.

• Like 1