P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

40 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Morning everyone, hope you are all ok today. It looks cloudy and no wind here today. Hubby says it’s fairly mind out too.

Well an eventful day here yesterday. Looking after grandson who started to feel unwell, had earache, sickness, wouldn’t drink. A trip to our local NHS walk in centre followed. A four hour wait to be seen, got a severe ear infection, antibiotics given. After 7pm by now, tried five chemists to get antibiotics and none had them. He then became more unwell so into A & E, checked out there, no antibiotics available at pharmacy in Hosp either. Sent home early hours of this morning, hoping parents can get some today. I didn’t realise how bad the antibiotic situation was. 
Rest day today for me

Michelle

I'm sorry to hear your grandson is unwell Michelle.

I hope he gets the antibiotics today and is soon feeling a lot better.

Graham.

image.png.bb49bfe064aebc37bbdb7e5c167b1c6a.png

• Like 3

5 hours ago, lincslady said:

Nothing wrong with baby showers per se; it was this particular one, with a private jet flight to New York (before Archie) and the amount spent on the whole thing - I have to admit I read about in the dreaded papers, but I imagine  some will remember how most of us thought about it. (Look it up on the web if at all interested; it is pretty old news now of course).

The woman who was racially abused by Lady Susan Hussey was born with an English name, and changed it to an African one, and appeared at this reception in full West African gear.  Not saying the questioning was anything other than crass, but it does seem as if this person  is inclined to play the race card - her 'charity' is exclusive to black women;  some would call that racist.  

We will all have our own opinions about this particular debacle, and there is of course genuine truth on both sides; it is just very sad that it has come to this.  Thank goodness the Queen went before this escalation of nastiness started.    We will see over the years if there can be any sort of reconciliation.

I agree, only poor folk should have baby showers. Perhaps some of the hangers on in palace land don't get it.

2 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

What’s the changing of name got to do with it, Hussey’s questioning was directed at her based on the colour of her skin, not her name. 

'Recollections may vary'

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I agree, only poor folk should have baby showers. Perhaps some of the hangers on in palace land don't get it.

I don't understand why only poor people should have baby showers?

I have been to several and they have just been family and friends getting together to give the expectant mother gifts for the baby.  Each time the gifts have been small items that we would have bought oe made and given to the mother during the pregnancy regardless of whether there was a baby shower or not.  It has been a fun afternoon for everyone usually with an afternoon tea involved.

• Like 2

Our postie has just been down our street which must be a welcome sight for many .

Well it is the season for giving and receiving from others 😊

Just one letter for us and it's for me  ...  The inland revenue tax statement 😒

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I don't understand why only poor people should have baby showers?

I have been to several and they have just been family and friends getting together to give the expectant mother gifts for the baby.  Each time the gifts have been small items that we would have bought oe made and given to the mother during the pregnancy regardless of whether there was a baby shower or not.  It has been a fun afternoon for everyone usually with an afternoon tea involved.

Because rich folk will get criticism for mixing with their friends. ......I was being ironic. There should be a tradition of a household appliance shower.....that could be irony.

13 minutes ago, kalos said:

Our postie has just been down our street which must be a welcome sight for many .

Well it is the season for giving and receiving from others 😊

Just one letter for us and it's for me  ...  The inland revenue tax statement 😒

I think their strike would have a greater impact if postie just walked past your house shaking his head, or the train stopped at the station but didn't open the doors.....you don't know what you got till it's gone...as Joni Mitchell said.

38 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

I’ve  only received 2 in the post so far! Had several given to me or posted through the door but only two in the post 🤔 Mind you my card to my sister took nearly two weeks to get there!

We've had 3 through the post so far.  My sister posted her card from Stockport 12th December and it arrived yesterday. My friend posted my card in Darfield, 4 miles away, 7th December and still waiting. The card from my cousin in Twickenham took 2 days.😏

Postal strike aside, I find it quite sad that the number of cards I'm sending each year and the number of cards recieved are becoming less and less😒

On to nicer things.

A lovely bright morning, the sun is shining and it's quite pleasant at 9c. Washing on the line (well airer) and waiting for the text to tell me what will be missing or subbed in my Asda order😁

Have good day everyone and enjoy the unseasonal weather while you can.

Take care.

Avril

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Morning everyone, hope you are all ok today. It looks cloudy and no wind here today. Hubby says it’s fairly mind out too.

Well an eventful day here yesterday. Looking after grandson who started to feel unwell, had earache, sickness, wouldn’t drink. A trip to our local NHS walk in centre followed. A four hour wait to be seen, got a severe ear infection, antibiotics given. After 7pm by now, tried five chemists to get antibiotics and none had them. He then became more unwell so into A & E, checked out there, no antibiotics available at pharmacy in Hosp either. Sent home early hours of this morning, hoping parents can get some today. I didn’t realise how bad the antibiotic situation was. 
Rest day today for me

Michelle

Sorry to hear your grandson is poorly, hope he is better soon.

I had a busy day yesterday, went up to Truro with two of my daughters and granddaughter and received a text asking if I could get some shopping for one of my other daughters as her husband had covid. Got back from Truro just after lunch time, so headed straight off to Tesco's before going home. Dropped her shopping off and on the way back realised we had forgotten some of the shopping so turned around and went back!

Hubby is also not feeling well. He's got a cold and a terrible cough, trying to get through to the surgery to get him an appointment - wish me luck! 

Hope everyone else is feeling.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Rest day today for me

Michelle

That’s horrendous, Michelle. What an absolute nightmare for you. I do hope he gets some today.

Exactly the same situation here with antibiotics, and similar reports across the country. Constant government assurances that there’s no shortage don’t help either - they must think people are stupid.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, zap99 said:

You loyalty is coming across loud and clear. 

Not loyalty at all zap. Just reading and listening with an open mind.  It's just basic commonsense. Why do you think it was necessary to go with a recording device?

It's a genuine question Zap, I don't want to argue with you , I'm just interested 😊

Avril

• Like 8

42 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

That’s horrendous, Michelle. What an absolute nightmare for you. I do hope he gets some today.

Exactly the same situation here with antibiotics, and similar reports across the country. Constant government assurances that there’s no shortage don’t help either - they must think people are stupid.

Our Chemist s are having to buy the tablets from pharmaceutical suppliers who decided to 

increase the drug prices by up to five times the cost .

Our pharmacy let us know they have been given permission to knock up their own concoctions 

should push come to shove .

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I dont think it was recorded, I thought that it was the recounted memory of the charity worker.

That's what I assumed too, but the media like to spice things up. Excellent memory recall the lady has.

Avril

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I dont think it was recorded, I thought that it was the recounted memory of the charity worker.

No, it was the independent recollections of those present at the time of the conversation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Rest day today for me

Michelle

Oh Michelle that is dreadful, I bet you and your family are worried sick. Hopefully your Grandson gets his antibiotics today and makes a quick recovery.

Molly

• Like 5

It is horrible for everyone to have to worry so much about medical care; surely Rishi Sunak and co. can't let this go on much longer without agreeing to try to compromise on pay - can't help feeling that this is the only strike which truly matters to everyone to be solved asap.   I feel  nervous, living on my own, about the possibility of falling over at home, unable to get up and unable to get help.  And the lack of antibiotics is awful - should not be necessary.

I hope none of us desperately needs medical help until this has been sorted.

• Like 9