P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

I think that she is like most girls of her age, they think that they know everything about everything including Christmas decorations.  She has on more than one occasion offered to go shopping with my sister me so that we can learn about fashion from her. 🤣🤣

I would give her a colouring book and some pencils for Christmas. The expensive presents can be put away until she grows up and learns some manners

• Like 3

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

Is the sound quality so different?  

We think so John. Frank's pride and joy(apart from me of course😊)was a Bush Arena Hi FI stereo system and the sound quality was beautiful. There is no comparison to the CDs we listen to now, imho.

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
added text
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

We think so John. Frank's pride and joy(apart from me of course😊)was a Bush Arena Hi FI stereo system and the sound quality was beautiful. There is no comparison to the CDs we listen to now, imho.

Avril

I agree.

Even expensive TV speaker systems cannot compete with large free standing floor speakers,  with multiple woofers, tweeters etc. Coupled with a decent amp (Denon in my case), you would get a depth of sound with proper stereo separation that is far superior to any tv speaker system

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I agree.

Even expensive TV speaker systems cannot compete with large free standing floor speakers,  with multiple woofers, tweeters etc. Coupled with a decent amp (Denon in my case), you would get a depth of sound with proper stereo separation that is far superior to any tv speaker system

Probably but how many people have anything approaching that level of sophistication, or cost. IMO the main reason modern CD systems don't compare with old vinyl systems, is because they are packaged in tiny little boxes, which makes them very convenient.   Play them both through a quality amp and speaker and I am sure the difference would be minimal.

5 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Probably but how many people have anything approaching that level of sophistication, or cost. IMO the main reason modern CD systems don't compare with old vinyl systems, is because they are packaged in tiny little boxes, which makes them very convenient.   Play them both through a quality amp and speaker and I am sure the difference would be minimal.

I am glad I am tone deaf, I have a small smart speaker that I use to amplify my record list from my computer and that sounds as good to me as my mates mega expensive Bose system. 

18 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I agree to a certain extent. But as you say, you still need a decent amp and speakers, which most people do not have.  Cheap systems give a "thin" sound, with far too much treble,  and no bass due to the small size of the speakers. Using bluetooth degenerates the sound quality even further.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Fionboard said:

Why sail  so early and miss this? 

3 hours ago, davecttr said:

To save money by not having to pay for the port workers overtime and being able to sail slower to the next island?

Tui unlike P&O were not trying to save money as Mein Schiff 4 overnighted here, so their passengers got to see the fabulous decorations. 

Anyway exceedingly quiet here today as the 10,600 passengers from Ion and Mein Schiff 4 have left and there are no ships in port at all. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

My niece has just sent a screen shot of what her 12 year old daughter has posted on her WhatsApp, it is a photo of my Christmas tree with the comment "who wants an auntie who has a boring tree".  She did try to tell me yesterday that Christmas trees should have "lots of colours on them, not only boring silver and white". ☺️

Kids! You've got to love them 🙂

• Like 1

Done our full Christmas shop in Tesco today.My Mrs got a sparkly top and I got 4 bags of Twiglets to go with my beer.Off to Warner Gunton Hall tomorrow for 4 nights full board with the Rat Pack and Edison Lighthouse for cabaret.Merry Christmas everyone.

• Like 16

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

Done our full Christmas shop in Tesco today.My Mrs got a sparkly top and I got 4 bags of Twiglets to go with my beer.Off to Warner Gunton Hall tomorrow for 4 nights full board with the Rat Pack and Edison Lighthouse for cabaret.Merry Christmas everyone.

Have a great break. 

• Thanks 1

S-I-L has just dropped of this lovely card from B-I-L, he lives in Tennessee, he has sent all of the family Christmas cards to her to distribute this year.  It is one of his paintings that he has used to make into cards, so it is special to us.

20221222_181121~2.jpg

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 10

3 hours ago, brian1 said:

I hope you have a brilliant time Brian.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, brian1 said:

Have a lovely time bro, and a Merry Christmas to  you both.

Sis and Mr Sis😁

• Thanks 1