P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Morning all, very quiet here. Only 1 Christmas card received here yesterday, still haven’t got my sisters or 3 very good friends as well as others 😔

Didn’t work yesterday as I’m on the late shift today and I thought I’d save my voice for today because it causes problems if I don’t work as they have to draft someone in at late notice.

One thing I did get in the post yesterday was this from P&O 🙄

C57A1134-5A1A-4716-B64A-4A18F5773848.jpeg

• Like 1

I have just been to the hairdressers to get my pre-New Year haircut and she has raised the price by £5 because of the increased cost of products in the warehouse, and the expected utilities price rise.

She was also not offering coffee and biscuits today which she has done for at least 23 years since I started going there after we moved into our current home.

I think I will have to extend the gap between visits from 4 to 5 weeks and take a flask with me to offset the additional cost 🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Another peaceful day sat in the sun as the second in a row with no cruise ships at all in port - but then tomorrow it will be chaos a SEVEN including Aurora are apparently due in - good luck those passengers getting a seat in a bar or restaurant. 

36 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Madeira I think. All the ships arriving for NYE fireworks.

A fantastic spectacle especially if you are anchored in the bay where you get the advantage of being able to see the full range of fireworks across the harbour and the ones from the barges moored in front of the harbour

• Like 2

1 hour ago, indiana123 said:

Sorry if I have missed it, but where are you 9265359.    Is it Madeira?   So I can imagine the chaos tomorrow.

Yes, Funchal came out here at the start of December and then heading off to Lanzarote for another couple of months in the middle of January - winter in the UK doesn’t agree with me! Far sooner be sunning myself and pondering which of the many bars I will be visiting for lunch.

The town is certainly preparing for the big night, with stages being set up on the sea front and in the park overlooking the harbour. The dredger ships are moored outside the harbour being set up for the fireworks. All the bars are getting their outside beer pumps ready.

Edited by 9265359
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

We thought that we would try to get back to normal today.20221230_122641.thumb.jpg.b0c6927402b8b42e34a1604dcca0191f.jpg

A woman after my own heart and I see you have salad , love it like that as well.

It's coming to that time of year where we have to take charge of our own body .

I never thought I’d be the type of person to wake up at 5am  in the morning to

exercise and do a two mile run .I was right, I'm not .

The only diet I seem to be capable of  sticking to is the one that just involves just

saying NO  to food.
 My Mrs  says "Is that enough chips for you?" I say  "No." Simples 😉

• Haha 14

1 hour ago, kalos said:

A woman after my own heart and I see you have salad , love it like that as well.

It's coming to that time of year where we have to take charge of our own body .

I never thought I’d be the type of person to wake up at 5am  in the morning to

exercise and do a two mile run .I was right, I'm not .

The only diet I seem to be capable of  sticking to is the one that just involves just

saying NO  to food.
 My Mrs  says "Is that enough chips for you?" I say  "No." Simples 😉

The salad is the only reason I chose the Fish & Chips 😇

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Received xmas card from my cousin today date stamped 12/12/2022 first class stamp franked explaining about changing your old stamps for the new coded stamps 

by the 31st December think this has now being changed .So to get a card to travel 25 miles has taken 18 days can you beat that 

1 hour ago, binman2 said:

Received xmas card from my cousin today date stamped 12/12/2022 first class stamp franked explaining about changing your old stamps for the new coded stamps 

by the 31st December think this has now being changed .So to get a card to travel 25 miles has taken 18 days can you beat that 

You could have walked there, posted it through his letterbox yourself, stayed for a visit and walked home again in less time.😁

Hypothetically speaking of course😉

Avril

• Like 2

Hello Everyone

Some of you may remember me but most of you won’t know me from Adam!

I'm Jane, who used to post quite regularly during Covid times, when I was working as a Practice Manager at a GP Practice. Sadly the NHS and I finally parted company, after 33 years, at the end of May.  My stress levels were out of control and I became quite (very on occasion) ill.  Long story short, I more or less withdrew from life. Took myself off all social media and quietly disappeared from everyone except my closest family. 

Happily, things are so much better now for me. I've been looking at CC and reading the boards for a few weeks now and I'm so glad to see that all my old friends are still active. It was however Avril's lovely post just before Christmas when she sent good wishes to all on the forum including those who no longer post. I thought - that's me! That gave me the impetus to say hello to you all again so ...hello!

I haven't cruised this year but have taken a couple of breaks in Southwold in Suffolk which is my happy place. I have booked for October '23 on Britannia -  so I can once more be a valid contributor to CC.

I wish you all, old friends and new, a very happy and healthy New Year.

With very best wishes to you all.

Jane. X

• Like 25
  • Thanks 5

3 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Hello Everyone

I'm Jane, who used to post quite regularly during Covid times, when I was working as a Practice Manager at a GP Practice. Sadly the NHS and I finally parted company, after 33 years, at the end of May.  My stress levels were out of control and I became quite (very on occasion) ill.  Long story short, I more or less withdrew from life. Took myself off all social media and quietly disappeared from everyone except my closest family. 

Happily, things are so much better now for me. I've been looking at CC and reading the boards for a few weeks now and I'm so glad to see that all my old friends are still active. It was however Avril's lovely post just before Christmas when she sent good wishes to all on the forum including those who no longer post. I thought - that's me! That gave me the impetus to say hello to you all again so ...hello!

I haven't cruised this year but have taken a couple of breaks in Southwold in Suffolk which is my happy place. I have booked for October '23 on Britannia -  so I can once more be a valid contributor to CC.

Jane. X

It is lovely to hear from you Jane.

A few of us were worried about you especially Avril and myself.

I'm so sorry to hear you had been so unwell but hopefully you are much better now.

Very best wishes for a happy new year.

Graham xx.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

It is lovely to hear from you Jane.

A few of us were worried about you especially Avril and myself.

I'm so sorry to hear you had been so unwell but hopefully you are much better now.

Very best wishes for a happy new year.

Graham xx.

Thanks so much Graham. It's lovely to hear back from you too. As I said in my "hello" post, it was Avril who encoraged me, indirectly, to make contact again and hearing from you just now has made me very glad I did. 

Jane.xx

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Hello Everyone

Jane. X

Welcome home Jane, so glad you are getting things back on track and looking to cruise again.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Thanks so much Graham. It's lovely to hear back from you too. As I said in my "hello" post, it was Avril who encoraged me, indirectly, to make contact again and hearing from you just now has made me very glad I did. 

Jane.xx

Avril @Adawn47 will be thrilled you have been in touch as am I and the rest of the regulars will be too when they read your post.

Graham xx.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Hello Everyone

Jane. X

It's nice to hear from you again Jane.

I'm sorry to hear that you have not been well but that you are on the road to recovery.

I  hope that the New Year is better for you.

Take care.

Pam 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1