P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

23 hours ago, purplesea said:

Good morning to you all.

Sorry to hear you are having more trouble with your teeth Jane. Hopefully you won't be in too much pain this time round.

Sun is trying to get out again down here, but still on the chilly side.

Taking a walk down into town in a while to collect the tickets for our upcoming holiday, so that will give me some exercise. 

Welcome home Graham and Pauline. Your photos are amazing. I felt like I was on holiday myself looking at them. That ship is incredible! I'm so glad you had a great time but it's good to have you back. Jane. Xx

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A bit grey and miserable today in Bolton. This time next week we will on the coach down to Southampton to board Iona. We were up early this morning, the doorbell rang at 6 o’clock and it was an ambulance man. Our next door neighbour Peter, I think he’s 89, had fallen in the night and couldn’t move. Fortunately he had his Careline around his neck and contacted them and they sent the ambulance. His son lives in Wales and his daughter in Scotland. From what the ambulance man said it sounds like he has broken his hip. We are quite a close community and we all look after all the older folk. We do some of his shopping and he tries to get out as much as he can but I don’t think he will be doing that for a while. There will be plenty of help offered if he comes home while we are away. I will still be worrying about him though, he is a lovely man and I was very close to his late wife and I miss her dearly. We couldn’t ask for better neighbours. 

• Like 12

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is a nice sunny morning and 9°C.

I'm a little tired this morning after driving 6 hours from Heathrow yesterday.

I hope everyone is well and looking forward to the weekend.

Good morning Graham and welcome home.  We did 19 nights on Celebrity Equinox out of Port Everglades last month.  We always arrange our own itinerary around cruises, but wonder if you have RC do yours, and if so, have you found them competitive on price?

We had great weather, but our friends who sailed the Caribbean a week earlier weren’t so lucky.  I’m sure you’re both looking forward to your next cruise already - we are, and consider ourselves very fortunate indeed.

Loved the photos by the way. I’ve been to Labadee, another of RC’s private islands in the past (but with Celebrity) but not Coco Bay. Thanks for sharing as always 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

Anyone got any advice on what to do with old pre-decimal coins?  I'm having a clear out and it's time my old mum's (died almost 40 years ago!) handbag full of old coins left the house.

I know they are not worth anything and are a mix of half-crowns, two shillings, shillings and lots of copper coins. They weigh a ton and I read somewhere that charity shops accept them, but I don't want to lug them around if it's no longer true.  If so, I might just as well pass them on to DH to take to the tip; I'm assuming there's a facility for disposal of scrap metal.

Anyone know if charity shops do take them please?  Thanks

Some old coins might be rare or have a high silver content.

It might be worth checking on line or with a coin dealer to see if there is any rare coins amongst your collection.

Graham 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Welcome home Graham and Pauline. Your photos are amazing. I felt like I was on holiday myself looking at them. That ship is incredible! I'm so glad you had a great time but it's good to have you back. Jane. Xx

Thank you Jane for your nice words.

Graham xx

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

Good morning Graham and welcome home.  We did 19 nights on Celebrity Equinox out of Port Everglades last month.  We always arrange our own itinerary around cruises, but wonder if you have RC do yours, and if so, have you found them competitive on price?

We had great weather, but our friends who sailed the Caribbean a week earlier weren’t so lucky.  I’m sure you’re both looking forward to your next cruise already - we are, and consider ourselves very fortunate indeed.

Loved the photos by the way. I’ve been to Labadee, another of RC’s private islands in the past (but with Celebrity) but not Coco Bay. Thanks for sharing as always 👍

Thank you for your nice comments @mrsgoggins.

My TA arranged our flights,transfers,Miami hotel and cruise.

They always give me good prices in return for me booking with them instead of booking direct.

Your cruise sounded fantastic too.

We both got on the Carousel and sat in a chair.

Pauline did get on one of the horses too but I couldn't with my hip arthritis.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

Welcome home from me as well, I'm glad you had a lovely holiday. 

How is your tooth today, Jane. Not giving you too much pain, I hope.

• Like 5

Been to Penzance this morning to collect my shopping from Tesco and surprised at how quiet the roads are 😲, don't suppose it will last long as it's half-term this week and Easter isn't far off! Feels quite pleasant out too, as temps are up in double figures and the sun is trying to get out again.

My eldest son's birthday today and he shares it with his brother's nephew, along with several other people we know. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Been to Penzance this morning to collect my shopping from Tesco and surprised at how quiet the roads are 😲, don't suppose it will last long as it's half-term this week and Easter isn't far off! Feels quite pleasant out too, as temps are up in double figures and the sun is trying to get out again.

My eldest son's birthday today and he shares it with his brother's nephew, along with several other people we know. 

Happy birthday to your oldest son today Pam.

CF584717-26A5-44A4-97D1-8B0594A9F898.gif.4dead2d84240e63b1802ba524077b0af.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello all, typical I didn’t pop in yesterday and so missed Phil’s birthday, Glad you had a lovely day @yorkshirephil🍻🎂🎈

@grapau27I thought you’d been on a cruise, glad you had a great time.

Re Pobs, I’ve never heard of them but then I’ve lived down South all my life! I hate milk and the thought of warm/hot milk makes me gag so I wouldn’t like them ☺️

Nothing much going on here, popping over to my parents in an hour or so and not looking forward to back to work Monday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning All

I don't know what'shappening with my posts this morning.

My first post went in the wrong quote and my second post didn’t appear at all - no swear words contained therein so not on the step - just a glitch I guess.

Anyway to @mrsgoggins and @purplesea: Thanks for thinking of  my poor old teeth. Another infection, another root canal and crown, and more expense. I'm on first name terms with everyone at the dentist surgery now - as is my payment card! It can't be helped. It's just age and too many crisps. I've only to look at the news to realise how very lucky I am to have so little to grizzle about.

Well I've never heard of pobs.  Like @P&O SUE I grew up in the South and never encountered pobs. Warm milk yes, but never with bread. Never say never.

I hope you all have a lovely weekend and good luck for your scan results Pam.

Best wishes.  Jane xxx

PS. Still not smoking!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning All

I don't know what'shappening with my posts this morning.

My first post went in the wrong quote and my second post didn’t appear at all - no swear words contained therein so not on the step - just a glitch I guess.

Anyway to @mrsgoggins and @purplesea: Thanks for thinking of  my poor old teeth. Another infection, another root canal and crown, and more expense. I'm on first name terms with everyone at the dentist surgery now - as is my payment card! It can't be helped. It's just age and too many crisps. I've only to look at the news to realise how very lucky I am to have so little to grizzle about.

Well I've never heard of pobs.  Like @P&O SUE I grew up in the South and never encountered pobs. Warm milk yes, but never with bread. Never say never.

I hope you all have a lovely weekend and good luck for your scan results Pam.

Best wishes.  Jane xxx

PS. Still not smoking!

Thanks, fingers crossed for the results.  I don't expect the results for a few weeks yet, and will not let it ruin our holiday.

Conratulations,  that you are still not smoking. I know you can do it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I’d appreciate some advice please from anyone who’s had smart meters fitted - particularly if they also have solar panels on a feed in tariff. 

Any problems encountered with the switch, particularly if it created any issues with the boiler - or gave the installer the chance to issue a safety notice on some kind of pretext to sell a new boiler. I gather they have to check the boiler, and British Gas are notorious for inventing ‘reasons’.