P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

“Mr Peterson, as you are a Saga Car Insurance policyholder, we're sending you some quick tips to help you prepare ahead of the storm forecast. Plus, we remind you what to do if you need to make a claim.”

Received the above email from Saga this morning.

Storm forecast?  Are they reading the Express?

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Lots of vegetable out of stocks still out there, apart from M&S. ( Obviously just my local experience)

Seems to show that how you treat your suppliers has a lot to with the current situation. 

It was yesterdays snow that hit our local Sainburys, they had very few regular deliveries,  and todays JIT systems dont allow for any missing deliveries. Today the veg shelves were fully stocked again.

9 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

It was yesterdays snow that hit our local Sainburys, they had very few regular deliveries,  and todays JIT systems dont allow for any missing deliveries. Today the veg shelves were fully stocked again.

True, but shortages been ongoing for some time, not just yesterday.

When I worked, JIT stood for " Jesus, It's There !" 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, lincslady said:

To my fellow insomniacs - all (I think) are quite a bit younger than me.  My pattern used to be that I could not get to sleep; recently I have able to go to sleep (I suspect thanks to two glasses of wine most nights) but then wake up 3 or 4 hours later, feeling wide awake. But at least have had some sleep.

If this a feature of old age, you may change to this pattern, which is much better than the usual one.

I don't know your age but I will be 70 in 3 weeks and find that if I have wine ( or any other alcohol ) in the evening I struggle to get off to sleep and when I do manage to nod off I  keep waking up.  I checked my fitbit app this morning and it had registered 2 hrs 43 minutes last night.  I went to bed at 11pm and got up at 7:25 am, I had 2 glasses of wine during the evening but they clearly didn't help me to sleep.

I suppose we are all different.

• Like 1

Apologies if this is totally irrelevant or utterly useless, but there are a few here, I think, who rely quite a lot on home deliveries. We do too, and rarely buy now from some companies because of the delivery charges when you can’t pick up instore.

Noticed from an email that M&S are offering, via their Sparks card, a year’s next day delivery for £20. Not on my wife’s card, but it is on mine. How they decided that, who knows, but there must be an algorithm at work. Might be useful to some?

Bought it yesterday and used it today for delivery tomorrow. Well, I didn’t (I’m a scruffbag and rarely buy clothes) but someone not a million miles from me did. M&S will now have me down as a transvestite though, so my emails should shortly be changing content!

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Apologies if this is totally irrelevant or utterly useless, but there are a few here, I think, who rely quite a lot on home deliveries. We do too, and rarely buy now from some companies because of the delivery charges when you can’t pick up instore.

Noticed from an email that M&S are offering, via their Sparks card, a year’s next day delivery for £20. Not on my wife’s card, but it is on mine. How they decided that, who knows, but there must be an algorithm at work. Might be useful to some?

Bought it yesterday and used it today for delivery tomorrow. Well, I didn’t (I’m a scruffbag and rarely buy clothes) but someone not a million miles from me did. M&S will now have me down as a transvestite though, so my emails should shortly be changing content!

How much does it cost to return goods if you do not want to drop them off at a local store ?

43 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

M&S are offering, via their Sparks card, a year’s next day delivery for £20. Not on my wife’s card, but it is on mine. How they decided that, who knows, but there must be an algorithm at work. Might be useful to some?

Am  I right in thinking this is just the clothes, and home etc and not food.

That would be the bargain of the year!!

Ignore the above, just realised Ocado do the food.

Edited by indiana123

Morning....not happy at being up already, today of a days.   Normal insomnia not helped by pain but hopefully seeing Pain Management man Tuesday, who is supposed to be brilliant.

Tonight of all nights, when we are taking 21 for a family birthday lunch.  Still  a glass or two of wine should see me ok.. not now of course, but at the venue!🤣

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

Dinner nothing fancy,meatballs and spuds with a drink.Alsace food is mainly German orientated having been part of Germany several times over the years.In bed by 9.30.having been up since 3.20230311_1956351139.thumb.jpg.c9d2b26b0c3a5374000c6eaf502b7b04.jpg20230311_1957031141.thumb.jpg.a4c31c1662cd98c670c7831ea100dfe3.jpg20230311_1934141142.thumb.jpg.623fa37ebcb6ac70f2ffacec5aa37227.jpg

• Like 15

12 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Just watched it again because I blinked a couple of times last night! J.x

I remember playing football in a car park that was all limestone chippings ,

but we still won on aggregate 😉

• Haha 21

20230312_1247491160.thumb.jpg.ccfd317dabb0ec0e7b64cbe71641a9ab.jpg20230312_1257151161.thumb.jpg.e6c920c1f9f209d6821f204b911e115e.jpg20230312_1303371162.thumb.jpg.ba57962562d311618124f1a0ad31ab6a.jpgArrived ok in Piacenza.Drove straight thru Switzerland nonstop,tipping it down on the german side all the way from France until Gotthard tunnel 10 miles long 6c at entrance 32c in middle and emerging in brilliant sunshine on the Italian side 14c rising to 20c at sea level,been like that so far,great.Guaranteed hot weather in the middle of the alps,lol.

• Like 7