P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

We are finally ready and waiting to be picked up for our night out celebrating a 60th birthday.  I was quite concerned that I would not be ready on time because our bowls match went on so long.

Everyone on our team won their game, today's result means that we will end the season again as the league leaders even if we lose the remaining 3 matches because we are so far ahead of the team in second place so there was some celebrating before we left the green. Personally I won my game 21 / 9.

• Like 11

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

It is 20°C and sunny here at the beach.

It is Pauline's lovely late dad's 15th memory today so a sad day.

IMG_20230729_143312.jpg

A sad day but I am sure many happy memories too to look back on 

Michelle

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Britboys said:

Hopefully Pauline has lots of happy memories to dwell on too.

Thank you.

We have lots of happy memories.

We took Pauline's mam and dad out for the day in my company car every week and we had several cruises together.

We also saw her parents every day.

After his death we took Pauline's late mam with us on several cruises in our large cabin/ mini/suite and her last cruise was with us on Ventura for her 90th birthday.

Roy was ex army and the nicest person you could ever meet.

This was Roy and me on Pauline and my wedding day August 22nd 1981.

IMG-20230720-WA0001.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 14

3 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

We are finally ready and waiting to be picked up for our night out celebrating a 60th birthday.  I was quite concerned that I would not be ready on time because our bowls match went on so long.

Everyone on our team won their game, today's result means that we will end the season again as the league leaders even if we lose the remaining 3 matches because we are so far ahead of the team in second place so there was some celebrating before we left the green. Personally I won my game 21 / 9.

I hope you have a lovely night out Josy celebrating a 60th birthday.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I hope you have a lovely night out Josy celebrating a 60th birthday.

We had a great night out with good company.  We went to a curry restaurant which would not have been my  choice but the lady who was 60 likes it and they often go there

• Like 7

I was surprised and shocked when watching the round up of the days play at the Ashes Test from the Oval to see Stuart Broad announcing his retirement from cricket at the end of the this Test Match. I am glad he decided to at the top of his game and at the time of his choosing. I shall be watching from 11 this morning when he comes out to bat for the last time and then start his last innings as one of Englands greatest fast bowlers. 

• Like 9

Hope you are all having a nice chilled laid back Sunday ,

Came across this and would like to share with you 🙂  ....

If you can start the day without caffeine,

If you can always be cheerful, ignoring your aches and pains,

If you can resist complaining and boring people with your troubles,

If you can eat the same food every day and be grateful for it,

If you can understand when your loved ones are too busy to give you any time,

If you can take criticism and blame without resentment,

If you can conquer tension without medical help,

If you can relax without a beer ,wine or any other alcohol,

If you can sleep without the aid of drugs, 

Then You Are Probably ..............

......................... The Family Dog !   

And you thought I was going to get all spiritual as it's a Sunday 😉🙃

• Like 2
  • Haha 19

11 minutes ago, janny444 said:

Yes I am...have been for about 3 hours 🙄

Good morning.

I've been up since since 2.45am, so managed to sleep a little longer. I only used to have these nights occasionally, but they're now becoming more frequent. Unfortunately😒

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Good morning.

I've been up since since 2.45am, so managed to sleep a little longer. I only used to have these nights occasionally, but they're now becoming 

Think it is an age thing...most nights asleep at 11 awake about 1 then back to sleep about 5 up & doing about 7...oh the joys of gettin owder 🙃

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, janny444 said:

Think it is an age thing...most nights asleep at 11 awake about 1 then back to sleep about 5 up & doing about 7...oh the joys of gettin owder 🙃

This age thing must only affect women. Frank is 2 years older and sleeps like a baby, which is really annoying when I'm wide awake😬

I'm usually in bed for about 11pm too.  Then trot off to the toilet around 2 to 3 o'clock, toss and turn for another half and hour then finally get up. 

I think I might try to have another hour🤞

Avril

• Like 3

I'm also a member of this club! Go to sleep about midnight awake at 3 on a good night I manage 4 then toss around get up to the toilet(sometimes) to try and break the circle not working tonight/today come here to see if anyone has posted then play a game that sometimes makes me dose as it's repetitive. Anyway going to try and give it another go 😴 (I wish)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, indiana123 said:

Yes I'm here too Avril.  didn't see your post was watching a bit off TV.

I haven't slept yet.  I tried twice but have now given up.  I might go back  around 6 to see if I can get a couple of hours.  grrrrr

Then the answer might be the little blackbird...

Merlot!

• Like 2

I am up in good time today as we are going to stay with friends in Wales for a couple of days. Since retirement I sleep much better, when I was working if I woke up in the night I would start mulling work things over and not get back to sleep, now head hits pillow zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Like 2

Last night I had a good night slept through til 5, but normally go to bed about 11 and am awake again at 2, but often manage to get back to sleep. Hubby is another that can sleep all night even after falling asleep in a chair during the afternoon and snooring his head of for a good hour!🙄

• Haha 4