P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 hours ago, gadabout60 said:

I have been awake since 2.30 ☹️

Just a thought. Do the phases of the moon affect your sleep patterns? Last night was a full moon and I believe there is strong evidence that some people find it difficult to sleep when the moon is full. I remember very many years ago when I was teaching, there was a boy in my class who was rarely well behaved but he would have short spells when his behaviour was noticeably worse, usually every month when the moon was full. 

1 hour ago, purplesea said:

Woke at 5 am and got up shortly after.

Another winter's day again🙄😠 with wind added into the mix, just for a change!! Perhaps winter will be better🤷‍♀️

Hope you all have a good day.

Pam

I hope winter will be better Pam. I'm looking forward to Christmas dinner on the patio for a change.

Avril

• Haha 7

13 hours ago, DamianG said:

I've been busy all day and can't believe none of my fellow Yorkies on here have wished you all a Happy Yorkshire Day.

So.....

I heard someone on the media yesterday say that Yorkshire can have their day but the rest of the year is Lancashires😊

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Just a thought. Do the phases of the moon affect your sleep patterns? Last night was a full moon and I believe there is strong evidence that some people find it difficult to sleep when the moon is full. I remember very many years ago when I was teaching, there was a boy in my class who was rarely well behaved but he would have short spells when his behaviour was noticeably worse, usually every month when the moon was full. 

There was an interesting programme on ch5 last night with Dara O’Brien about the moon , I think it’s a series of 2 with the second part tonight. I like to think that I have good general knowledge but I learnt several new things watching it last night.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

I heard someone on the media yesterday say that Yorkshire can have their day but the rest of the year is Lancashires😊

You only need one day to celebrate perfection😇

Avril

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Beckett said:

5am for me @lincslady so later than you. Maybe your 3am was just a blip? I tend to have good and bad nights now. Sometimes I get a full 7 hours but other nights I'm lucky to get 3. 

I'm so glad you’re enjoying all the sport. I too have enjoyed the Test matches and I'm an avid football fan. I do so agree about F1 though. I still watch but without the excitement and anticipation of past years. I wonder if you're right about personalities being a "woman thing". I can't take to Verstappen either - he just doesn't do it for me.

As I'm up early I thought I'd go for an early walk with the dog but he's still asleep! Actually scrub that because it's just started raining quite heavily. Have a good day. Jane xx

I am not sure a dislike of Verstappen is purely a woman thing, I cannot warm to him at all either. Maybe as a result I am finding F1 boring as well, DRS used to be fun, but now it's way too predictable, and even putting Verstappen on the back row of the grid would not stop him winning.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, lincslady said:

It makes up for the current boredom in Formula 1, which I used to enjoy, as it is just too predicable, and sadly I can't take to Verstappen at all.  I suppose showing an interest in the personalities is perhaps a bit of a 'woman' thing?

I think it is a bit of a 'woman' thing!

Bring back Vettel I say... I have never taken to Hamilton at all.

Pandemonium in this house a few years ago when Vettel and Hamilton used to fight it out😃 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I am not sure a dislike of Verstappen is purely a woman thing, I cannot warm to him at all either. Maybe as a result I am finding F1 boring as well, DRS used to be fun, but now it's way too predictable, and even putting Verstappen on the back row of the grid would not stop him winning.

I don’t dislike verstappen as much as I used to but his petulant side comes out easily when things aren’t going his way. The car design rule changes introduced last year were supposed to have tightened up the racing but unfortunately Red Bull have hit the sweet spot and produced a far superior car (although Perez isn’t making the most of it). I hoped that this year the other teams would have learned and caught up, which they have from time to time but not enough to challenge Red Bull / Verstappen. We watch the start of each race hoping that Verstappen will come a cropper at the first corner to make a more interesting race.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

There was an interesting programme on ch5 last night with Dara O’Brien about the moon , I think it’s a series of 2 with the second part tonight. I like to think that I have good general knowledge but I learnt several new things watching it last night.

Waiting to record part 2 and will then binge watch.  Dara is a very knowledgeable astronomer.  Love watching programmes about the moon and NASA's moon exploration 

• Like 1

I don't care for Hamilton either - but it is mainly that I would love to see more competition, and someone else win for a change!  Especially a Brit - Lando or George.  However, there is no doubt the Red Bull is the most reliable really fast car at present.  Nice to see McLaren edging back in, though.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, lincslady said:

I don't care for Hamilton either - but it is mainly that I would love to see more competition, and someone else win for a change!  Especially a Brit - Lando or George.  However, there is no doubt the Red Bull is the most reliable really fast car at present.  Nice to see McLaren edging back in, though.

Lewis for me,all the others are spoilt rich kids in my eyes.Just for that I'm sending you a Eric Cantona poster.

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

It is 14°C and raining heavily here.

I do not watch formula 1.

Looking forward to the start of the championship football on Sunday.

Good wishes for a full recovery to Ted @DamianG

It starts on Friday night, Owls v Saints but a Sunderland supporter would think otherwise.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

It starts on Friday night, Owls v Saints but a Sunderland supporter would think otherwise.

Sunderland v Ipswich Sunday.

Sunderland have sold 37,104 season tickets.

40,000+ crowd for Sunday.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Lewis for me,all the others are spoilt rich kids in my eyes.Just for that I'm sending you a Eric Cantona poster.

The sign at the entrance to the Mclaren factory Is illuminated Red when they win.....not used the red lights for a good while.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Sheff Wed and Southampton start the championship off Friday night .

Just saw your post Bob 🙂

Edited by kalos
  • Like 5

Raining here in Dorset and pretty miserable.

Plus, I’ve just had two teeth out. Cannot believe the cost of a dental implant….. I could have a couple of cruises for that price and I know which I’d rather spend my money on!

• Like 10

2 hours ago, pete14 said:

Just a thought. Do the phases of the moon affect your sleep patterns? Last night was a full moon and I believe there is strong evidence that some people find it difficult to sleep when the moon is full. 

It is all the racket those pesky wolves make during the full moon. 

L was reading something about how a lack of sleep can upset your gut bacteria and cause problems for some people?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Plus, I’ve just had two teeth out. Cannot believe the cost of a dental implant….. I could have a couple of cruises for that price and I know which I’d rather spend my money on!

I agree Gill.

I hope you are not in pain.

I have had 3 implants and Pauline 1.

The procedure was painless but the cost was Painful 😖

Graham.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Angel57 said:

Ouch - that's the cost, not the pain Gill. I hope you're feeling alright after your surgery ( which it is) and not in too much discomfort. Can I just mention the dreaded "dry socket" which no doubt your aftercare blurb will tell you about. I got this after an extraction a few months ago and it's really painful. Hopefully you'll heal without any problems but if you feel the pain is excessive please go back to the dentist ASAP.  Look after yourself. Jane xx

• Like 5

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

It is 14°C and raining heavily here.

I do not watch formula 1.

Good wishes for a full recovery to Ted @DamianG

Championship football starts on Friday night and I will be watching Stoke City on Saturday. I would hate you to miss the action by waiting until Sunday.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Ouch - that's the cost, not the pain Gill. I hope you're feeling alright after your surgery ( which it is) and not in too much discomfort. Can I just mention the dreaded "dry socket" which no doubt your aftercare blurb will tell you about. I got this after an extraction a few months ago and it's really painful. Hopefully you'll heal without any problems but if you feel the pain is excessive please go back to the dentist ASAP.  Look after yourself. Jane xx

Thanks Jane. He did warm me about dry socket. Luckily my dentist is only a 5 minute drive away.

Gx

• Like 2