P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

29 minutes ago, brian1 said:

35c here today,nice day for painting house.Painted back balcony b4 sun came over and front this afternoon after it passes to the back.2  3 ltr tins mixed to original colour 62.50 each.Ouch.

Never mind bro. just think of all the money that you save on Peroni and vodka. Every little helps you know.😁

Sis

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Two steps forward and two steps back.

Forward - passed the diabetes and prostate reviews 😁

Back - central heating boiler broke down on pre winter test, my preferred engineer on holiday until 3 Oct but will wait as hot water still working. No NHS contact to say book your booster and only 3 small pharmacies in Medway. What happened to Boots in Chatham? 😠

Forward or Back? - My broadband contract expires in October. £10 more to continue or full fibre for the existing price. The new 'digital' phone will have a number assigned and my number will be exactly the same as my existing landline. It will be interesting to see how they manage to thread the fibre optic cable from the pole to the house as it goes through tree branches on a council owned tree with a tree preservation order!

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Never mind bro. just think of all the money that you save on Peroni and vodka. Every little helps you know.😁

Sis

And the paint will be cheaper  as it will  be on the house.

That reminds me of the time some workers from the Dulux Weathersheild exterior paint depth took a trip up Ben Nevis. Regret to say they all perished. 

A spokesperson for the mountain rescue team said          ' They all looked like they needed another coat " 😯

I seem to be getting better unlike the jokes 😊 

Have good day !

• Haha 19

1 minute ago, kalos said:

And the paint will be cheaper  as it will  be on the house.

That reminds me of the time some workers from the Dulux Weathersheild exterior paint depth took a trip up Ben Nevis. Regret to say they all perished. 

A spokesperson for the mountain rescue team said          ' They all looked like they needed another coat " 😯

I seem to be getting better unlike the jokes 😊 

Have good day !

Nice to see the jokes returning Kalos, along with your health. Take things easy though.☺️

Avril

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 9/21/2023 at 9:07 AM, Josy1953 said:

The morning started well but is going downhill.  I dropped my niece's children of at school but the daughter had forgotten her keys to get back in this afternoon so I had to detour back to their house to get them from her dad before he goes to see my niece in hospital.  Dad then told me that they haven't told the children yet but she is terminal and will be on morphine now until the end.  They have an appointment with her oncologist this morning to see whether or not they are prepared to let her come home.  I am going round to see my sister now because I can't imagine how she is feeling knowing that both her husband and daughter are both terminal.

I'm belatedly reading this and so sorry to hear your sad news. Take care.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Good afternoon everyone, well I have just been out with the dog and got drowned in a heavy rain shower, got a rather soggy doggy now, she hates the rain.

Going to the gym soon then the dreaded supermarket shop to do.

Michelle

And there is not much that smells worse than wet dog, especially when they have rolled in something just as smelly. I have been sat out reading in pleasant sunshine until 15 minutes ago when it started raining here.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, kalos said:

Don't worry still laid in bed,try to get up and walk around bedroom for 5 min to help keep my lungs clear and risk of clots.

Been a very good lad and following all medical advice. 😊

Well done you for heeding the advice Kalos. I get the impression you're a good lad when it comes to looking after your health though so keep taking it easy.  Best wishes always. Jane xx

PS Your photos were lovely.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We are just back from our usual Friday lunch at our favourite local restaurant  we were stunned at how few people were in.  It is usually very busy on Fridays for their "Fish Friday"deal but today there were only 4 tables occupied, 20 people in total.

I hope it is just a blip because we always enjoy our Friday treat and would hate that this place could go the same way of so many others and close down.  DH thinks that it is because they have recently increased their prices.

• Like 6

Currently losing the will to live here!  Been on hold to P&O for 2 hours 16 minutes and counting to apply some FCC to my Britannia cruise which has a balance due very shortly.  After booking four Cunard cruises for next year I can't find a slot to use it for the forseeable so thought I'd use it for this and use the cash for something else.  At this rate with steam now coming out of my ears I'm very close to telling them to put it where the sun isn't going to shine.

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Currently losing the will to live here!  Been on hold to P&O for 2 hours 16 minutes and counting to apply some FCC to my Britannia cruise which has a balance due very shortly.  After booking four Cunard cruises for next year I can't find a slot to use it for the forseeable so thought I'd use it for this and use the cash for something else.  At this rate with steam now coming out of my ears I'm very close to telling them to put it where the sun isn't going to shine.

I phoned BA. After 60 mins a charge started for the call.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, davecttr said:

No NHS contact to say book your booster and only 3 small pharmacies in Medway. What happened to Boots in Chatham? 😠

My husband didn't get any contact from the NHS.  It's worth checking back regularly for booster venues. My husband started checking on Monday and got the back street pharmacies, but on Wednesday evening Parkwood Health Centre came up, so he booked there. He's going in tomorrow morning. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

My husband didn't get any contact from the NHS.  It's worth checking back regularly for booster venues. My husband started checking on Monday and got the back street pharmacies, but on Wednesday evening Parkwood Health Centre came up, so he booked there. He's going in tomorrow morning. 

Many thanks, I am booked in Parkwood for a week tomorrow. I did book Monday but then remembered the practice nurse advised that I leave 7 days from my Shingles jab. Old age again !

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I phoned BA. After 60 mins a charge started for the call.

Yes, ridiculous times.  I have just got of the phone so nearly 2 hours 35 minutes in the queue.  Luckily my mobile contract allows unlimited inclusive calls so just left it sitting on the table on speaker.  When I finally got through was informed they are exceptionally busy because (1) the internet payment system is broken at present, (2) most people can't get into their accounts - apparently that includes seat booker - and they are inundated by calls about Caribbean flights.  My actual business took 8 minutes in total.  Interestingly he read out my entire Cunard history to me and asked if I'd received my requested assistance form and was most bemused when I said while that's very nice I actually want to discuss my P&O cruise!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Many thanks, I am booked in Parkwood for a week tomorrow. I did book Monday but then remembered the practice nurse advised that I leave 7 days from my Shingles jab. Old age again !

Glad you are sorted.

My husband had his shingles jab earlier this year.  

I have all this to look forward to, although I will have to find out if I need a shingles jab as I never had chicken pox 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Did they tell you to avoid Dungeness for 7 days after.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Glad you are sorted.

My husband had his shingles jab earlier this year.  

I have all this to look forward to, although I will have to find out if I need a shingles jab as I never had chicken pox 

Frank had chicken pox as a child and also shingles when he was in his 50's but they still gave him the shingles jab.

I've never had chickenpox either, but as was explained to me,  you can't catch shingles, but you can catch chickenpox from someone with shingles.  So I had the jab too, better safe than sorry. 

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 6