P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Aren’t some people clever?  This is such a silly trend but the result is quite uplifting when we’re out on a winter walk with wintery weather.  It’s good to raise a smile 

Talking of weather … oh, no, let’s not even mention it.  Ugh!

7D0F9AB7-D3F0-4875-ACF5-9C50ADD4BD52.jpeg

• Like 14

Good morning  and the heating's kicked in ...Nuff said 😉🙃

@Eddie99 We have folk who go round tarting up our post boxes as well ,brightens the 

place up ,kind of them who do it .

Talking of postage £7,50 for ten second class stamps !!! Can you believe it ?  

I was going to send a letter of complaint but didn't due to to the cost .🙃

Anyone seen the TV listings for Christmas day ? What a lot of old crock ,get in there if you like Bargain Hunt .How festive can you get 🤔

Here we are with high tech TV's and I think the 70's Tv with just 3 channels was better ,even if my telly was black and white. 

I loved that old telly , a note on it said "Built in antenna "  . I haven't got a clue where that is but they built good tellys 😉

Well thats my festive gripe over .

Have a good day everyone .🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 14

Good morning everyone. I hope all is well with you all.

A bit of a damp start here with a lot more of the wet stuff to come.

For those ladies on here of a certain age…… I went to see Donny Osmond (no rude comments please 🤣) in concert last night at Bournemouth International Centre. He is still such a good performer….. Very polished and obviously loves his job!
As I drove away from the car park in the rain and in the dark, I was amazed that so many people had death wishes by just walking into the road and completely ignoring the traffic!

@kalos - I agree about tv at Christmas. Dreadful.

• Like 13

Good morning.

It is 6°C and it is raining.

We went to the hospital yesterday and drove a friend of Pauline's to her home after she had been in for an operation.

Her husband has only been home a week after a knee replacement operation.

Pyjama day today I hope.

I hope everyone is well and you all have a lovely day.

• Like 9

Ir's 7˚C today and the forecast is for everything grim... rain, wind, cloud, and cold. What's good about that? It makes us really appreciate the bright days of Spring, the warm days of Summer, the fruitfulness  of Autumn and the crisp frosty days of Winter.

We live in hope that all are well!

Edited by twotravellersLondon
  • Like 4

Arrived safely in fuerteventura this morning and it’s cloudy and a cool 21 today 😠 sister said it’s been sunny all week and hot but at least it’s not raining like Vigo .  It was a bit bumpy leaving Vigo and the following day , and yesterday was the first day we ventured out and had a game of tennis up top 😂 we retired before any injuries came . Plenty of sunbeds available around and no early morning towels placed out due to a lot of late risers .

lLast night was our second formal night I did take a photo of menu and pictures, all very nice I had 4 sea bass fillets and other half had 2 slices of beef wellington, we ate in the glass house for lunch which came with a free glass of wine offer and then the beach house in the evening, a few little mistakes there with a wrong starter came but we distal anything and my pudding was lacking the Oreo cookies which someone ate in the kitchen 😂
we don’t really have breakfast but have been having lunch in the medina restaurant but we have not totally been happy with the options and lacking in presentation and feel the buffet in much more selection, lots and lots of people coughing/sneezing and yesterday we had the corridor spraying with something. We had a jack and the bean stalk pantomime which was a laugh , we have a good comedian on and the headliners have been good. 
I hope everyone has been well and I’m sorry if I have missed anything that has happened because I don’t have time to check back all the pages . 
Lanzarote tomorrow. 
Took a picture of the ship this morning blowing out black smoke obviously someone burnt the toast 🤣

IMG_4654.jpeg

IMG_4655.jpeg

IMG_4658.jpeg

IMG_4661.jpeg

IMG_4662.jpeg

IMG_4663.jpeg

IMG_4664.jpeg

IMG_4665.jpeg

IMG_4668.jpeg

IMG_4670.jpeg

IMG_4671.jpeg

IMG_4681.jpeg

IMG_4683.jpeg

IMG_4684.jpeg

IMG_4685.jpeg

IMG_4686.jpeg

IMG_4687.jpeg

IMG_4693.jpeg

IMG_4694.jpeg

IMG_4697.jpeg

• Like 21

Went to Lakeside this morning,got gifts in Boots for kids and grandkids,not one human till,just machines.What with 3 for 2 offers,200 points for green parcel stickered items and a load of vouchers for other things,no chance.A reluctant pharmacy till lady took our goods doing us a big favour,lol.Luckily we were there at 10 so not busy.

• Like 12

9 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Went to Lakeside this morning,got gifts in Boots for kids and grandkids,not one human till,just machines.What with 3 for 2 offers,200 points for green parcel stickered items and a load of vouchers for other things,no chance.A reluctant pharmacy till lady took our goods doing us a big favour,lol.Luckily we were there at 10 so not busy.

We dislike robot-tills because it means someone somewhere is out of a job. That, in our view, is inhumane in this day and age. 

Before now... we left a basket of groceries on the floor in front of one of these things... just before it started the "Exterminate, Exterminate! stuff. We let the eagle-eyed "watcher" know that we were going down the road to buy our stuff in the competition... where we might have "service with a smile."

And... our hard-earned cash might just trickle down to people working in our local high street who have their own families to feed and look after.

• Like 11

41 minutes ago, twotravellersLondon said:

We dislike robot-tills because it means someone somewhere is out of a job. That, in our view, is inhumane in this day and age. 

It's like a disease that happens anywhere ,airports, check your own cases in and scan your own passports ,download your own tickets ,even at railway stations .

They like to blame folk with online shopping for this automation but how does that work when

your stood in the supermarket ? I don't remember saying get rid of the checkout girl and replace with a machine .

You put through a bottle of wine and it says "wait until a human comes" and checks your over 18 .

A few minutes go by and it says "wait until a human comes" to check you are not a glue sniffer when you buy some wood glue . A few minutes later  "Unexpected item in bagging area " All because you wanted to buy a bottle of Blue Nun . Fair enough, I normally wouldn't buy it but you need something for guests who overstay their welcome . Besides it is NOT  a unexpected item as I put it there so I could buy it . 

If I was buying for the kids a "my little pony " and I had picked up by mistake .... 

UNEXPECTED_ITEM.jpg.daa74c2e7162eb508b9870200a199683.jpg 

Then fair enough !  🙃

• Haha 17

5 hours ago, lincslady said:

Graham - how about a pyjama picture instead of a food one?

Dark, windy and rainy here; need cheering up!

Glad you did not ask me as I don't wear pyjamas ,not a nice sight 🙁

Your right though the weather is awful and we needed cheering up , so we went for a happy meal by driving past McDonald's until we got to our Carvery pub .

Had a practice run ready for the real meal deal in just under 3 weeks ,very tasty it was too.

Our Happy meal .. 

20231207_123730.thumb.jpg.d65c0e96afb601418e6b47b92bfdfa9a.jpg

• Like 10

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

We ditched Boots some years back because of their ripoff prices, poor service, but most of all seriously aggressive tax avoidance. And this from a company that makes a large chunk of its profits from the NHS it was depriving of funds. 

Mentioned this on one occasion to one of their staff, when we were still shopping there. She said she knew about the tax avoidance, but assumed it wasn’t ‘our’ Boots but ‘another’ Boots!  Very effective staff training there! 😉

• Like 6

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Glad you did not ask me as I don't wear pyjamas ,not a nice sight 🙁

Your right though the weather is awful and we needed cheering up , so we went for a happy meal by driving past McDonald's until we got to our Carvery pub .

Had a practice run ready for the real meal deal in just under 3 weeks ,very tasty it was too.

Our Happy meal .. 

20231207_123730.thumb.jpg.d65c0e96afb601418e6b47b92bfdfa9a.jpg

That meal would make me happy too, but I couldn't have finished it.

Avril

• Like 3