P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

17 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

It is our Sarah's birthday on Christmas eve and I am bringing her to ours on Christmas day and she will stay at ours.

Pauline has the table all ready.

IMG-20231221-WA0000.jpg

We hope you all have a wonderful Christmas. Are you cooking ?, or do Greggs deliver Christmas day.🎅🧑‍🎄

• Haha 14

14 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Our news is that today we both retired ....

It's been an emotional time but now chilling amidst the many Champagne bottles we've been given. 

Cheaper holidays here we come ....

Welcome to the club. Pretty soon you'll wonder how you ever had time for....Work.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Lots of birthdays around the 25th ,which tells me that the TV must be crap in March?

Hope you all have a good birthday as well as Christmas .

Spare a thought for those who have to work the festive period ...

9d45c25b5cfeca4917edf450d208f952.jpg.681fddaf1abe5ac6757b7026c29aded0.jpg 

• Haha 11

26 minutes ago, purplesea said:

The last December birthday in our family is tomorrow,  my eldest daughter's.

December is an expensive month for us birthday wise with six birthdays in the month.

Happy birthday wishes tomorrow for your oldest daughter.

giphy.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

Sue, I think that is true of a lot of pensioners particularly those of us who were part of a final salary pension scheme. I feel sorry for the younger people who are going to have to work longer and won't get such good pensions at the end.

Yup even me at just turned 59 haven’t got a final salary pension. I think I did in my very first job in the bank but I left to have my son and didn’t want to leave him with a stranger! When I went back to the bank when he was 11 it wasn’t a final pension scheme. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, twotravellersLondon said:

For those who weren't with the 5,000+ folk from all over the country in the Albert Hall for the Carol Concert yesterday evening... those of us who were there were encouraged to photo and video some of the performance and pass on the joy to others.

IMG_3115.mov 36.21 MB · 1 download  

Wonderful. The Albert Hall looks glorious. Jane xx

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Our news is that today we both retired ....

It's been an emotional time but now chilling amidst the many Champagne bottles we've been given. 

Cheaper holidays here we come ....

Many congratulations Mr & Mrs Presto. Cheaper holidays, spur-of-the-moment outings, no more school inspections, freedom! What's not to love. I wish you both a very happy retirement. Best wishes. Jane xx

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

It is our Sarah's birthday on Christmas eve and I am bringing her to ours on Christmas day and she will stay at ours.

Pauline has the table all ready.

IMG-20231221-WA0000.jpg

That looks gorgeous Graham - a table to grace any top class restaurant.  I wish Sarah a very happy birthday and a fun evening to you all. Jane xx

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hello Everyone, Just to say a Happy christmas & healthy new year to you all. I don't often post, but i do keep an eye out on all your posts most days. To those of you on holiday,or about to go soon, enjoy. I look forward to reading about everyone's trials & tribulations, plus the holiday adventures in 24.

We dont have any cruises booked again for next year, but will be holidaying down in Cornwall & devon just after Easter with our elder son,DiL & 2 grandkids. plus a short trip up to York in Feb with them also. I have booked Betty's for afternoon tea with the 2 grandkids ( they are 7 & 5) so that will be fun.

Enjoy the next few days.&i leave you with a image below.

card52.jpg

• Haha 12

Hi Everyone

I've just got back from my last visit to the shops until after New Year. I do have food deliveries from Ocado but I needed to get a few last minute odds and sods. Everywhere was packed solid - with not much Christmas cheer it has to be said - loads of couples having rows! Christmas brings out the best and the worst in us doesn't it?

I just want to wish you all a very happy Christmas and New Year while everyone is sober enough to read my post - well sober-ish! Once again, we've had a mixed year on here haven't we? There have been many laughs, a few spats, and some tragic losses. For some of us this will be a first Christmas without loved ones and I will be thinking of you all.

Mostly, I want to thank you all for your support and friendship over the last year. You are without doubt the best virtual friends anyone could ask for. Thank you all.

With love and best wishes.  Jane xxxx

• Like 2
  • Thanks 15

52 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I will be driving to pick Sarah up and bringing her to ours.

I will be in charge of the wine.🥂🍷

Well of course you are Graham. The most important job of all, and of course you must sample them to make sure they are perfect for the feast.

Hic... excuse me🥴

Avril

• Like 7