P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

13 hours ago, indiana123 said:

Now  I'm not up with the fairies.

Yesterday's procedure went well. I wont mention pain or lack of it or it will all go wring.

It was very funny in parts like me threatening to run off with the anaesthetist but what happened about the knickers really cheered us up.  

What made us laugh is putting on the  dreaded backless gown I asked about  knickers.  The nurse said that each surgeon was different and to ask him.  Not an easy thing to ask a handsome Thai/Chinese? Surgeon.   So as he left I said "Oh Underclothes?" and he turned and said "You can leave your knickers on" and rolled up and left laughing. 

I was very pleased because I had to launch face down onto three stomach pillows when in the theatre. I don't think that was pretty.🤣

Anyway it was all over very quickly.  He said he found the spine twisted worse than it looked on the mri and he wasn't surprised at the amount of pain.

I hope it all lasts for a few months but  can only watch and wait.

Good news to hear Indianna that it went well and the surgeon could see how much pain you are in , I hope it turns out well and you’re pain relief works for the months ahead , glad you were able to keep your knickers on 😂

• Like 5

14 hours ago, pete14 said:

So sorry to hear of another long hospital stay. Hopefully you are now back at home and on the mend. Have a great Christmas and thanks for your efforts at keeping us in order again this year. 

Best wishes Sharon, I hope you're feeling much better soon.

I caught sight of you again the other day on a repeat of that cruise ship programme you 'starred' on a little while back 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

I can't make up my mind whether or not to get DH to get the Christmas tree out of the loft because I don't feel very festive this year but it feels odd not to have a Christmas tree.

First and foremost as Eddie said do what feels right for you .

Your feelings are understandable with what you have been through the last few weeks.

Years ago Mrs K's dad died on Christmas day , a few years on her mum the week before 

Christmas,

The way she tackled it was thinking of what the departed loved ones would want .

We know they loved Christmas, so we put the tree up for them as much as us .🙂

Yet again ,you do what feels right for you and your hubby   - Take care 🙂

• Like 14

Yes, here too.  My family doing long drives to see various relatives in the next few days - and I am lucky enough to be going to stay with some of them and be cossetted.  Let's hope nobody gets blown off the road!

A Happy and Peaceful Christmas to everyone - indeed to the whole world, the peaceful bit being much  needed.  

• Like 16

16 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Good afternoon everyone, hope you are all ok today.

We have arrived at Nidd Hall, looks really nice with a lovely Xmas tree in Reception.

Our allocated room turned out to be unsuitable for me, I couldn’t get my mobility scooter through the door so back to Reception to ask for a room change. They have given us The Nidderdale Suite, with a separate lounge and fabulous views. What a bonus I certainly didn’t expect that but gratefully received.

Hubby and in-laws just gone on a short tour of the grounds followed by hot chocolate and toasted marshmallows around the firepit. 

Michelle

I don't like marshmallows, but hot chocolate sounds good. Cold chocolate, indeed any chocolate sounds good. We are going to Heythorpe Park in January. I hope they do hot chocolate. 🤣

• Like 6

1 hour ago, kalos said:

First and foremost as Eddie said do what feels right for you .

Your feelings are understandable with what you have been through the last few weeks.

Years ago Mrs K's dad died on Christmas day , a few years on her mum the week before 

Christmas,

The way she tackled it was thinking of what the departed loved ones would want .

We know they loved Christmas, so we put the tree up for them as much as us .🙂

Yet again ,you do what feels right for you and your hubby   - Take care 🙂

We used to host parties for the friends and neighbours on Christnas eve. Very informal relaxing get together. Mum died, I got the call mid afternoon and had to go upto London. DW said what about this evening. Just let it go ahead, say nothing. Everybody was having a good time. One of our very nice young Lady friends, when we had all congregated in the Kitchen....How's your Mum John......oops...It always seems to happen Christmas time.

Surprisingly warm at 13C here, but very windy, a few trees down in area according to community pages, but council have been quick to deal with them where road & public safety is concerned. Noticeable from some pictures that a number are trees that have fallen from private property onto the road, so owners could be getting a bill for the removal off the highway. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I can't make up my mind whether or not to get DH to get the Christmas tree out of the loft because I don't feel very festive this year but it feels odd not to have a Christmas tree.

Our eldest daughter only puts a christmas tree up because of her grandchildren visiting. She likes to make the house festive for them. Maybe a tree could lift your spirits a little? but as kalos says, do what you feel is best for you. x

Avril

• Like 6

Thank you everyone for your good wishes.  I wont say anything about pain or lack of it or it will all go wrong.

Eddie 99 .. welcome to the ATE Club (awake too early), that's a new name, and it is very exclusive  you know and only opens in the dead of night to a  few elite😄 

Josy, as everyone says, you must do as you feel right, but can only say that if it was me then putting up the tree and a few bits and pieces would  make me feel better.

Merry Christmas and a Happier New Year to everyone and thank you  all for your online support, and friendship.  xx

• Like 14

Had a girls trip to Devon overnight last week to see Xmas displays at Killerton & Powderham castle, had a lovely time, stopped at Tavistock for lunch & shopping & stayed overnight in Chagford. All the way back down to landsend, Then up to Bournemouth Friday to pick up ds.Stayed with sister in Devizes over night as we’ve actually not seen them for over a year. Now just come down with you know what this morning! 😫 More worried that we might have passed it on to elderly & just diagnosed with pancreatic cancer stage 4 neighbour,  ( testing before seeing them obviously). 

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Caullkhead said:

Had a girls trip to Devon overnight last week to see Xmas displays at Killerton & Powderham castle, had a lovely time, stopped at Tavistock for lunch & shopping & stayed overnight in Chagford. All the way back down to landsend, Then up to Bournemouth Friday to pick up ds.Stayed with sister in Devizes over night as we’ve actually not seen them for over a year. Now just come down with you know what this morning! 😫 More worried that we might have passed it on to elderly & just diagnosed with pancreatic cancer stage 4 neighbour,  ( testing before seeing them obviously). 

Oh no. However, it is everywhere at the moment and hard to avoid.

Hope you don’t feel too unwell.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, zap99 said:

I don't like marshmallows, but hot chocolate sounds good. Cold chocolate, indeed any chocolate sounds good. We are going to Heythorpe Park in January. I hope they do hot chocolate. 🤣

We are got to Heythrop Park in September Su I will be interested to know what you think about it

Michelle

47 minutes ago, Caullkhead said:

Hope you don’t feel too unwell, and recover quickly 

Michelle

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

We are got to Heythrop Park in September Su I will be interested to know what you think about it

Michelle

January will be our first time there. Looks good. I like being able to use alternative restaurants.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Caullkhead said:

I hope you are feeling better quickly.

d9b9223203239265e412743e356ff1ec.gif

• Like 6

20231221_1130243.thumb.jpg.8e55ba619bb72d90471020e1ce3ab22c.jpgI got a lot of earache this morning from the "I know everything" 13 year old girl on the way to school when she asked if I had done the tree yet, she said "I hope mum is looking down at you and dreaming up a punishment for you not having a tree". When I told DH said that we should be very afraid so we now have the tree up and I texted a photo of it to her.  She has just replied that she will come home with me after school to inspect it 😱

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 13
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

20231221_1130243.thumb.jpg.8e55ba619bb72d90471020e1ce3ab22c.jpgI got a lot of earache this morning from the "I know everything" 13 year old girl on the way to school when she asked if I had done the tree yet, she said "I hope mum is looking down at you and dreaming up a punishment for you not having a tree". When I told DH said that we should be very afraid so we now have the tree up and I texted a photo of it to her.  She has just replied that she will come home with me after school to inspect it 😱

Mission accomplished 13 year old girl, well done. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I got a lot of earache this morning from the "I know everything" 13 year old girl on the way to school when she asked if I had done the tree yet, she said "I hope mum is looking down at you and dreaming up a punishment for you not having a tree". When I told DH said that we should be very afraid so we now have the tree up and I texted a photo of it to her.  She has just replied that she will come home with me after school to inspect it 😱

Oh, so you have 13 going 30 year old too.

Interesting aren't they?😁

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 2