P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Is it me ? am I missing something ? 🤔

Just seen an advert on TV for a furniture shop. They are having a Boxing Day sale 

which they say must not be missed and starts tomorrow 22nd ??

Has someone moved Boxing Day to other side of Christmas 🤔

• Haha 13

18 minutes ago, kalos said:

Just seen an advert on TV for a furniture shop. They are having a Boxing Day sale 

They have just tagged it onto the end of the Black Friday sale. Bring back the MFI sale.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Interesting is one word for them.  She definitely has an opinion on everything.

We used to have "getting to know you" staff features in a monthly work newsletter. One of the questions was "Name someone who you have learned the most from." One chap replied "I have 2 teenage sons, they know EVERYTHING."

• Haha 11

27 minutes ago, kalos said:

I don't know how many junk emails I have deleted today. Hundreds. Win a$500 Walmart voucher.  Failed delivery×4 .free spins. Bah...humbug.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I don't know how many junk emails I have deleted today. Hundreds. Win a$500 Walmart voucher.  Failed delivery×4 .free spins. Bah...humbug.

Know the feeling, I get enough free spins these days selecting my birth year when completing online forms, its a bit like Wheel of fortune😁

• Haha 12

43 minutes ago, Rupert2251 said:

Thats it, we're finished no more supermarkets until after Christmas now, all shopping done, presents wrapped but not under the tree. No tree for us this year as there is too much temptation for Cheddar, all the other decs are up though.

Freddie is 8 and I still wouldn’t trust him with a tree on the floor!

• Like 9

Just popped into Morrisons for newspapers and it's  almost empty,.  Also, I had e mails yesterday offering me an Ocado  slot slot for Christmas and   also something called  Tesco Whoosh delivery almost immediately, and yesterday there was my Iceland order delivered in under three hours.  Add that to the 15p vegetable war that is going on at the moment, and it makes me think they are all struggling for custom this Christmas.

Josy, love the tree and so glad you decided to do it. 

• Like 6

Nipped into M&S food to pick up some GF Items, the main store is relatively quiet, the food part is a bit busier. We decided to get some sprouts as well as the farm shop hadn’t got any this morning and mine in the garden a very late. Option of prepared sprouts with bacon & maple syrup, looking at pack sprouts looked unappealing, a suspect there was only one rasher of bacon chopped up and as for maple syrup where was it? These were £3.75 or get a bag of sprouts for 65p and add your own bacon and maple syrup, for much less. The words “rip off” come to mind. The parsnips were £4 ready prepared, we got 4 large ones for 45p at the local farm shop this morning, we can prepare them ourselves. 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

It is our Sarah's birthday on Christmas eve and I am bringing her to ours on Christmas day and she will stay at ours.

Pauline has the table all ready.

IMG-20231221-WA0000.jpg

The table looks beautiful. Pauline is very organised.

Hope you all have a lovely time🎅

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Presto2 said:

Our news is that today we both retired ....

It's been an emotional time but now chilling amidst the many Champagne bottles we've been given. 

Cheaper holidays here we come ....

Congratulations, nearly 7 years for us and still loving it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

Congratulations, nearly 7 years for us and still loving it. 

Almost 14 years for us Phil and it's still good. The best job we've ever had☺️

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
wrong number
  • Like 5
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

It's been an emotional time but now chilling amidst the many Champagne bottles we've been given. 

Congratulations. Enjoy it and have fun. You'll wonder how you ever found the time for work.

Avril

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Congratulations!!! I am sure you will have no regrets whatsoever in fact you will wonder how you ever had time to work!! It’s a fabulous way to begin 2024

Michelle

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Best wishes for a very happy retirement.  I know full well that teaching is great but restrictive in terms of choosing your own holiday dates, which I’ve been able to do in my new job since leaving teaching in 2019. Not close to being ready to retire though! 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Many congratulations to you both. It’s wonderful to be able to do what you want, when you want.

Enjoy your new lives.

Gill x

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Congratulations.  The start of the rest of your lives.  Retiring was the best thing that we ever did, extra cruises, days out, no alarm clock. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1