P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

8 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

On Monday we done a unusual thing and went to the pictures to see Oppenheimer which was a long , intense, and listen to film , which I got a little lost towards the end but picked it back up , a really powerful film , I felt I had a history lesson 😂😂 anyway on Tuesday we went to see Poor things , not knowing what it really was about only seeing that they had won BAFTAs for it but in all honesty I would not recommend it , it was totally not our scene a bit raunchy 🤣🤣🤣 practically 2 1/2 of the 3 hour film and to say there was 12 of us in the pictures says it all , so be warned all 😂

anyway we’re off to Cornwall for the week in a caravan, love Cornwall it’s were we honeymoond 46 years ago with £10 in our pockets! How nieve were we 😂

Looking ahead to next week's weather it should be better, at least it's forecast to be dry!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We’re off to perrenporth for a week but will visit St Ives , lands end were we honeymooned in a caravan 46 years ago £10 in our pockets , no coats , no cameras, no guidance, such fun with cows poking their heads in our window in the morning 😂, the thing I remember is on a Sunday nothing really ran on a Sunday and we were stuck at a train station and didn’t know what to do , until a local helped us out and took us to our destination, young we were at 18 and 19 🥰

• Like 9

I like this story about church ,goes like this ...

A man comes home looking worse for wear with two black eyes.

"Where have you been"  snarls the wife ,"down the pub again ."

Not all the time I went to church as well and before you say owt that's where

I got my two black eyes !

His wife, "How  did you manage to  get two black eyes at church!?"

"Well" the man answers, "When we stood up to pray, i noticed that the woman in front of me had the back of her dress tucked in to her knickers . I didn't want to embarrass her by telling her, so i reached forward and pulled it out. She turned around and punched me in the eye!"

"That explains one black eye" said his wife, " so how did you get the other one?"

" Well I thought she must have wanted it there so i put it back!"  🤣🙃

• Haha 11

Not a bad day today, brightened up this afternoon, there were lots of white fly around the roses when I was pottering in the garden, plus the weeds are doing well. 

Mrs YP was diagnosed with Trochanteric pain syndrome last week, she has visited the physio to now be diagnosed with Iliotibial band syndrome. Seemingly gone are the days of sore hips or knees.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Not a bad day today, brightened up this afternoon, there were lots of white fly around the roses when I was pottering in the garden, plus the weeds are doing well. 

Mrs YP was diagnosed with Trochanteric pain syndrome last week, she has visited the physio to now be diagnosed with Iliotibial band syndrome. Seemingly gone are the days of sore hips or knees.

Hope Mrs YP is not in too much pain and gets sorted out soon .

Must admit Phil I had to Google those conditions as the latter sounded 

to me like an 80's pop group🤔😉

I blame all this cool weather you brought her back to ☹️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ouch Mrs kalos but fear not - Mr Eddie99 has ITB problems but they’re totally resolvable with the right exercises

I foresee gym membership and a couple of visits a week.  That’ll probably help with the other issue too - though I confess I know nothing about it 🙄

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Best wishes to Mrs YP - hope the physio is able to help ease the pain. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

It is very sad to see churches closing, unfortunately it is not restricted to Anglican ones.  The loss of a church is unfortunately a sign of the changing demographic of the population of the UK.  The removal of things like morning prayers at assembly in the name of inclusivity has served to move young people ever further from the organised church.  It is a sad state of affairs.

As someone living in the main diocese of a great cathedral I find it quite ridiculous that to visit for prayer, sitting in reflection or lighting a candle of remembrance I am asked to join a queue of tourists paying £9-£10 each and produce photo id to allow my free entry. The two local  parish churches are locked apart from the times of published services, this giving the impression worship or prayer can only occur when the organised church says so.

This will be second church closure in our area, the Methodist Chapel closed 3 years ago due to the lack of a congregation, their average was 3 each Sunday, no longer sustainable. There used to be 5 Methodist chapels of various types, in the ward in the last 40 years, all 5 have closed, 2 are now apartments, one is a hostel, one is home the other was demolished. 

Once the church gets closed we will just have one Anglican Church in the ward and one on the outskirts in the neighbouring ward. Had the extent of the damage to the church by ground movement not been so bad, I suspect it would have remained open, but the church is on land under which mining took place and to secure its safety would be at considerable cost. Given the cost and poor attendance there is no real alternative to closure sadly.

I remember school morning assemblies, they were boring, I was glad to to get to the first lesson. When I got to the 6th form the head scrapped the religious aspects and switched to a more secular type of assembly, in which achievements of pupils in and out of school were recognised and notices about school activities were announced, all done and dusted in 20 minutes. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Ouch Mrs kalos but fear not - Mr Eddie99 has ITB problems but they’re totally resolvable with the right exercises

I foresee gym membership and a couple of visits a week.  That’ll probably help with the other issue too - though I confess I know nothing about it 🙄

It' YP  Mrs that has these probs not Mrs K 🙂

• Like 2

I am ashamed to say....went to a pub for lunch (to suss it out for a family 'do') and ordered ham ploughmans.  Well, it was gigantic, and enough for three, the ham was quarter of an inch thick.  I  have a good appetite but no way  So I pinched OH's serviette and shoved half the ham in my handbag for my tea!   mmm😃   No the type of behaviour for a lady cruiser😊

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

Good evening everyone, hope you have all had a nice day.

I have been out shopping today to Boundry Mills in Colne. I could have spent a fortune but I managed to restrain myself. There in now a large Radley department with huge reductions, some bags were reduced from £219 to £65, I might have to go again. There was a large cookware department, bedding etc, massive range of ladies clothes including a Roman department which I like.

We have just had a builder round to price some more work in the house, there is more work needed than we anticipated.

Have a nice evening everyone 

Michelle

• Like 6

5 hours ago, happy v said:

Durham Cathedral is free.

However, we, our grandchildren, and a lot of other people in Durham have paid a £1 a brick for 300,000 Lego bricks to make a model of the Cathedral. It is now finished and looks fantastic.

Personally I wouldn't pay to go into a church. Pay to pray doesn't sit right.

Everyone is very welcome in church and any donations are voluntary.

5 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

I have been out shopping today to Boundry Mills in Colne. I could have spent a fortune but I managed to restrain myself. There in now a large Radley department with huge reductions, some bags were reduced from £219 to £65, I might have to go again. There was a large cookware department, bedding etc, massive range of ladies clothes including a Roman department which I like.

We have just had a builder round to price some more work in the house, there is more work needed than we anticipated.

Michelle

There is a Boundary Mill at Shire moor Newcastle.

They often have 10% off which has just finished but

If you put their app on your phone you will get an introductory 10% off now.

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

There is a Boundary Mill at Shire moor Newcastle.

They often have 10% off which has just finished but

If you put their app on your phone you will get an introductory 10% off now.

I will look at that Graham, thank you

Michelle

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle

Hi Michelle, we love Boundary Mill. We used to take Ian’s mum there when she wanted a new outfit. We haven’t been for a while, last time we bought a beautiful painting that we have above our bed. We must try go again soon, although I will avoid the Radley department, it’s too tempting. 

Today we have been to the opticians in Bolton as Ian is having a problem with floaters in his eyes. He has been referred to the hospital but we won’t be going before we go on our Caribbean cruise so we are still hoping to meet up with you.

Jennizor

• Like 4

A very early morning all!

I woke up at 3am, went downstairs to get a drink than remembered check in opens today for our Aurora short cruise at Easter! So I checked in and have an embarkation time of 12-45!! I’m very happy with that, never had that early before 😁😁

So now I’m wide awake and excited!

• Like 15

On the subject of Cathedrals, being a Kent girl I’ve been to Canterbury a few times but a couple of years ago John and I decided to visit while we were shopping there. I can’t remember how much it was but we were shocked- and didn’t go in!

Much nearer to home is Rochester and I’m pleased to say they still don’t charge.

We were very impressed when we visited the Anglian cathedral in Liverpool a few years ago, such a huge building and a very nice atmosphere. We were prepared to pay the small charge to go up the tower but the man taking the money advised us against it as it was a rainy day and he said we wouldn’t get a good view! We were so impressed with his honesty we spent lots in the cafe and shop 😁

• Like 6

Awake since 3 too, Sue, and feeling a bit blue, but cheered up to read your post about your upcoming cruise with  early boarding time - and nice remarks about my home city of Liverpool.  Yes, the Anglian cathedral is grand and imposing, and contrasts with the younger and also lovely Catholic cathedral - and they are at the two ends of Hope Street, a good omen.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Awake since 3 too, Sue, and feeling a bit blue, but cheered up to read your post about your upcoming cruise with  early boarding time - and nice remarks about my home city of Liverpool.  Yes, the Anglian cathedral is grand and imposing, and contrasts with the younger and also lovely Catholic cathedral - and they are at the two ends of Hope Street, a good omen.

Aww sorry to hear you’re a bit down, I love Liverpool, so much to see and do there!

Have a good day x

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

A very early morning all!

I woke up at 3am, went downstairs to get a drink than remembered check in opens today for our Aurora short cruise at Easter! So I checked in and have an embarkation time of 12-45!! I’m very happy with that, never had that early before 😁😁

So now I’m wide awake and excited!

I really must be out of touch - I haven't heard of check-in for boarding times before.  I've always been sent a check--in time and didn't know you could have any input on that.  Can you please explain - sorry if I'm being a bit dim!

Just done a search and see the check--in involves putting in passport, card details etc which i do remember - and gives you your boarding pass.  I guess that's when you see your boarding time. 

Sorry I thought the check-in was to get your boarding time and you were able to choose - hence the getting in early when the process opens.  Doh...... It is early!!!

Edited by kruzseeka
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Jennizor said:

Hi Michelle, we love Boundary Mill. We used to take Ian’s mum there when she wanted a new outfit. We haven’t been for a while, last time we bought a beautiful painting that we have above our bed. We must try go again soon, although I will avoid the Radley department, it’s too tempting. 

Today we have been to the opticians in Bolton as Ian is having a problem with floaters in his eyes. He has been referred to the hospital but we won’t be going before we go on our Caribbean cruise so we are still hoping to meet up with you.

Jennizor

We will definitely meet up with you in a couple of weeks. Remind me of your room number. Ours is 11530

Michelle

16 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

On Monday we done a unusual thing and went to the pictures to see Oppenheimer which was a long , intense, and listen to film , which I got a little lost towards the end but picked it back up , a really powerful film , I felt I had a history lesson 😂😂 anyway on Tuesday we went to see Poor things , not knowing what it really was about only seeing that they had won BAFTAs for it but in all honesty I would not recommend it , it was totally not our scene a bit raunchy 🤣🤣🤣 practically 2 1/2 of the 3 hour film and to say there was 12 of us in the pictures says it all , so be warned all 😂

anyway we’re off to Cornwall for the week in a caravan, love Cornwall it’s were we honeymoond 46 years ago with £10 in our pockets! How nieve were we 😂

Our first holiday together was to Cornwall with my diving club. We return most years. This is us at Lamorna 50 years ago.IMG_4875137-edit-20231006220507.thumb.jpg.d85ab4d00d59b94ea92baf818608570e.jpg

• Like 11