P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

Good morning and welcome. I'm tempted to say welcome back, because I think you may have posted before. I seem to recognise the name or maybe I'm imagining it.

I'm easily confused😊

Avril

Yes have posted previously only one or two posts though, I am sure it was you adawn who said paddypuss reminded you of a name.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I think we have always known that insurance underwriting is a dark art, but since having the correct cover and declaring everything is essential, it is something we have to put up with.

However shopping around to find an acceptable product can be very time consuming, and as the underwriting pool becomes smaller insurance is going to become ever more expensive.

Perhaps it’s time for the CMA to conduct an investigation into travel insurance especially for those with medical issues, to see if they are being treated fairly or not.

Being charged £15 additional premium for something such as a bacterial infection is ridiculous, what next being charged for the number of times you have had a common cold?

I am, like many I am now looking at the packaged bank account route for travel cover, starting with my current bank.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Paddypuss said:

Yes have posted previously only one or two posts though, I am sure it was you adawn who said paddypuss reminded you of a name.

Yes that's right. It was dads pet name for my mum. She was part Irish with a temper.

Avril

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

We bank with Virgin now, who took over/merged with our bank Yorkshire. Virgin are now in the process of being taken over/merging with Nationwide by the end of this year, and will become our bank. Maybe I should wait until then🤫

Avril

Do Virgin offer any travel insurance? I suppose the question is do you want to travel this year as it might be easiest to bite the bullet.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

We bank with Virgin now, who took over/merged with our bank Yorkshire. Virgin are now in the process of being taken/merged with Nationwide by the end of this year, and will become our bank. Maybe I should wait until then🤫

Avril

Avril, why not ring the NW travel line and get a quote now which if opened before the end of April will be under the current UK Inurance underwriters,  I doubt their quote will be higher than the Aviva underwritten one which will start with accounts opened from 1st May. You will then benefit from 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Graham I’m very happy for your all clear from your skin cancer op last year 🎉 so maybe it’s time to book another 🛳️

👍done.

Sorry I can't say when because of house insurance but I will post plenty of photos like I did on Sunday when we get back.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Back to normal this morning with the school run, I'm just glad that the weather has improved, I hate driving g in the rain.

We are going out to look for a new car today because we both dislike the Toyota, we also want a manual car because DH dislikes the automatic. I'm not particularly bothered about whether we get a manual or an automatic but I agree with him about not liking the Toyota.  We are thinking of going back to either VW or Mazda though I quite like the Mini that one of my friends has so we are also looking at those.

school run? They’re still off here, it’s lovely the traffic is so much better 😁

• Like 4

16 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Jane.

I was in and out of the consultants office in about 5 minutes.

She thought everything looked good.

Graham xx

A relief for you and Pauline. Best wishes .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Good morning and welcome. I'm tempted to say welcome back, because I think you may have posted before. I seem to recognise the name or maybe I'm imagining it.

I'm easily confused😊

Avril

If memory serves me right ,Paddy puss name was taken from her cat ?  🤔

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

It’s UAE that own Man City, not Saudi, they own Newcastle Utd.

If I was a Forest or Everton fan I would be angry that the accusations against City and Chelsea have not been dealt with as fast as the accusations against their individual clubs, it seem extremely unfair and the EPL seem to be favouring the clubs with money and influential ownership against the smaller clubs.

Yes it’s all going to pot in the football world! I can see me getting less interested soon!

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, kalos said:

If memory serves me right ,Paddy puss name was taken from her cat ?  🤔

Before I was married nearly 43 years ago my black Persian cat I had at my parents house for 14 years was called Monty after Sunderland goal keeper Jimmy Montgomery.

Our black cat before that was named after my late dad's dad nickname but I can't mention it's name these days 😃

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 5
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Yes it’s all going to pot in the football world! I can see me getting less interested soon!

62 years of following Sunderland from age 5 has that effect on me too.🤣

• Haha 2

Morning one and all, that’s taken me ages to catch up!

Graham - you were nearly on the same Aurora cruise as me! We didn’t mind it changing to Rotterdam as we’ve been to Amsterdam at least 3 times. Looks like you had a lovely cruise though. We also ate in Carluccio the night before the cruise! Glad your check up went well.

Glad to hear your new health issue is hopefully ok Jane.

@pepper's mum - welcome!

Add me to the shortie list - about 5’1!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Paddypuss said:

Good morning everyone. I am one of the "lurkers", love reading everyone's posts. How about cruises and cats I am a cat fan. Dogs are Ok, wouldn't have one though.  We have  similar family problem to graham's and it is very upsetting, but have to cope with it.  I love cruises holidays days away love staying g in hotels

Cat people here so all cat stories welcome. 😀

• Like 2

Woke this morning to the rising sun streaming through the edges of the black-out thermal curtains, opened them to be bathed in the most wonderfully warm embrace from the dear old Sun set in a Caribbean-Blue-sky. 

Looking at the weather forecast on phone... 11˚C... and set to rise.... 

Then looked at one of the on-line Dailys... "Britain to be blitzed by 12 hours of heavy snow!" Shock! Horror! Consternation! Was London and the South East to be submerged under drifts? Should we find a shovel and leave it inside the front door so that we could tunnel out... did we have enough emergency supplies in-doors to see us through a Polar Vortex/Snow Bomb/Ice Storm situation?

But then went to the Met-Office site... 

Happy sledging to all in the lovely village of Ballachulish on the fabled and fantastic "Road to the Isles" and we hope that the kids enjoy the snowman making competition (Folks are made of strong stuff there... a wee bit of snow is something to take in the stride!")

Hope all are well... even those digging out the sledges and looking for that perfect carrot.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, P&O SUE said:

Graham - you were nearly on the same Aurora cruise as me! We didn’t mind it changing to Rotterdam as we’ve been to Amsterdam at least 3 times. Looks like you had a lovely cruise though. We also ate in Carluccio the night before the cruise! Glad your check up went well.

@pepper's mum - welcome!

Thank you Sue.

You are the same height as Pauline.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

It’s UAE that own Man City, not Saudi, they own Newcastle Utd.

If I was a Forest or Everton fan I would be angry that the accusations against City and Chelsea have not been dealt with as fast as the accusations against their individual clubs, it seem extremely unfair and the EPL seem to be favouring the clubs with money and influential ownership against the smaller clubs.

Supposedly the Man City and Chelsea investigations are more complex so will take longer, however if found guilty they should have a HUGE punishment but the Premier League will probably not.

• Like 3

Good morning. The wind has calmed down, but now we fog once again! 😂 plus light rain, lovely! It’s due to be sunny Friday, we’ve decided to take ds back to Bournemouth & have booked a hotel for 2 nights, feeling rather brave 2 nights in hotel. Crazy price for a cheep hotel though, although slightly cheaper than Premier Inn & has parking, ( we’ve stayed before so we know it’s fine). 
I’ve just tackled the Mount Everest of ironing & now I’m catching up on here. 

• Like 4

I had my skin cancer check while getting drunk with our friends at the beach bar in Italy.I said to my mate,I've got this lesion just inside the hairline on my forehead.He said don't worry my daughter is a consultant dermatologist,he promptly took a photo,sent it to her and I got the all clear within the hour.She said it's an old persons thing.My mate said get another round in b4 you peg it.

• Haha 10

50 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Do Virgin offer any travel insurance? I suppose the question is do you want to travel this year as it might be easiest to bite the bullet.

I'd not thought about Virgin, but then again I've always used travel insurance companies. so that was where I was looking. Habit I suppose.

I could look at a few days away here and search cruises for 2025. I can then look into Nationwide after their move.  We'll see.

After the last  couple of years we just need something to look forward to.

Avril

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

@pepper's mum - welcome!

All good things come in small packages Sue! Thanks for your good wishes. Jane xx

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

I'd not thought about Virgin, but then again I've always used travel insurance companies. so that was where I was looking. Habit I suppose.

I could look at a few days away here and search cruises for 2025. I can then look into Nationwide after their move.  We'll see.

After the last  couple of years we just need something to look forward to.

Avril

I think that if/when the Nationwide and Virgin merger takes place they will likely be run as two companies for several years. When we received the emails spelling out the proposal I seemed to remember something about up to five years to become fully consolidated. It is a shame as I have been pleased with Virgin since they took over Yorkshire bank with generally better interest rates and my accounts. 

• Like 1